John Imagine #2

You watched as the band scrambled up onto the stage, the heavy smell of beer and cigarettes filling up the pub

You watched as the band scrambled up onto the stage, the heavy smell of beer and cigarettes filling up the pub. You were glad that your friend, Melissa, was right next to your side for it made you feel less crowded. The place was packed. You two were forced to stand for there were no empty seats left.

You heard the cheers coming from the roaring crowd when the band made their way up. A newer band, a local band. You always enjoyed live music, but the whole bar thing wasn't exactly your scene. The smell itself caused your nose to burn and the crowd of people made you feel incredibly hot. It wasn't exactly ideal, but you were looking forward to watching the band. Queen.

When you heard the claps and cheers, you clapped along yourself, not wanting to feel like the odd one out. You looked at your friend and chuckled softly at her reaction. She had a wide smile on her lips. You knew this wasn't her first time seeing the band. But that's when they were known as Smile. According to her, there was a new addition to the band, something you were excited to see.

You watched as her eyes followed the blond while she excitedly shouted his name, as did many other girls in the crowd. You laughed quietly as he sat behind the drums and winked, earning squeals and giggles from the girls around you.

But there was someone else who had caught your eye. He stood closer to the back of the stage, shying away from the large crowd in front of him. But there was still a wide smile on his face, one of excitement and awe. It drew you to him. 

He held a bass guitar in his hands, his long brown hair getting in the way of his face slightly. You bit your lip and smiled as you watched him, feeling as if you couldn't take your eyes off of the brunette.

Before the audience even quieted down, they began to play their first song of the night. And throughout the performance, you kept your eyes over on the bassist, the smile on your face only growing. 

You watched as he hopped around on stage, getting into the music. You couldn't help but laugh as you watched him dance, plucking on the strings of his bass. It was very playful, childlike. Something you loved to see. He seemed so carefree and it only drew you to him even more. 

You felt yourself start to sway along to the music as your friend danced by your side. You felt yourself loosen up. You loved it. It made you thankful that your friend had dragged you along. You were having the time of your life. No worries or responsibilities. You were able to relax. You were carefree.

You hummed along to the song, feeling yourself get lost in the music as well. You kept on dancing as they moved on to their next song of the night, continuing to enjoy yourself.

As you swayed along, you noticed one of the band members look your way. John. You caught him glancing over at you every so often. And you would look back right at him, making eye contact as you did so. It made your heart flutter for that split second.

The night went on and you were still going. You were having the time of your life. You were having a ball. You couldn't even remember the last time you had that much fun. It made you feel like you were a teenager back in high school.