Brian Imagine 1/2 #3

You couldn't ask for a better best friend when you had Brian right by your side

You couldn't ask for a better best friend when you had Brian right by your side. He was always there for you through thick and thin. Even through the ups and down of your life, Brian never failed to be right there for you. He was the reason you were still standing tall.

The two of you met in your first year of high school in a history class. The two of you hit it off pretty much instantly. You two could talk for hours upon hours. It wasn't long before Brian was really the only person you were talking to. Hell, he was pretty much the only person that you wanted to talk to in that period of your life. And the same went for him.

Your relationship stayed strong when his band started going off. You were supportive of him. He was always there for you, so you did the same for him. You always encouraged his dreams of becoming a guitarist in a big band someday. And thanks to you, he had the motivation to get as far as he did. 

But little did you two know that in time, your relationship would take a big turn in a different direction.

--

You were looking through clothes at an old thrift store with Brian, one of your favorite activities to do with him. He would always point out things he found interesting and go on and on about them which you found entertaining to say the least. 

You on the other hand would look for accessories that you thought would look cute in your little home. You always loved decorating, it was always a small hobby of yours. 

While you were going through your usual routine in the thrift store you've been in millions of times before, you saw someone you haven't seen in years. 

You felt your breathing hitched as you stared. You wanted to look away more than anything and pretend you didn't see anything but for the life of you, you couldn't tear away.

You mentally cursed yourself when the man you've been staring at made direct contact with you. Shit.

It was no other than Liam, your ex from high school. The two of you broke up in your last year for a reason you couldn't believe. He thought you were cheating on him with Brian. He thought you were too close with him, that there was no way that you were more than just friends with him.

All in all, things didn't end pretty well between the two of you. When you graduated, you were just thankful that you didn't have to see that face of his again. But here he was, staring straight back at you. 

"Everything alright, Y/N?" Your thoughts were interrupted by Brian coming up to you, placing a hand on your shoulder which frightened you, making you jump.

"Jesus, Brian." You ran a hand through your hair, finally taking your eyes off of Liam.

"Sorry," Brian chuckled, shaking his head. He glanced over, trying to see what you were staring at but didn't see anything, "But you alright? You seem a bit pale."