pt38- "we need to talk"

listen while reading for the dramatic effect:)

weeks went by, same old same old. it was rather hard being a double agent. more because i was lying. i was lying to draco and i was lying to the others. my best friends. i debate telling them but i know hermione, harry and ron would be upset and so would they. i've talked to becca and bobbie about it. they have no idea what to do. i don't blame them. i just want to be out of this situation. out of it all. maybe i- i know what i need to do.
it was around six in the morning. draco and the boys were still asleep. it was rather early but i needed to leave. i wriggled out of dracos arms, trying not to wake him and got ready as fast as possible then left. i walked through the corridors trying to be as quiet and as fast as possible. until i ran into one of the people i was trying to aviod.

"miss granger, it's a bit early, isn't it?" she squealed.

"yes well i wanted to go for a walk, clear my mind" i smiled politely as i continued to walk. unlucky for me she followed.

"well i must join you for a while, clear my mind" we walked a little until she had to leave all in utter silence. just the sound of her heels. that's all. it was one of the most awkward walks i've taken and it slowed me down too much. i basically ran to the gryfindoor common room. as i walked in i noticed hermione sitting on the couch reading

"becca, what a lovely surprise" she smiled looking up from her book. i took a seat just beside her. i knew she was going to be annoyed but i had to.

"hermione" i sighed breaking the peaceful silence, she looked to me rather confused.

"what's wrong? what happened?" she flustered placing her book on her lap and placed her hand on mine softly as support. my eyes started to water. i knew she was going to be so upset with me. she trusted me, to teach me, to help me and i was throwing it away.

"hermione, i quit" i spat looking down out her hand.

"what do you mean you quit?" she snapped

"i quit DA, i don't want to be involved anymore" i sighed

"you can't just quit like that rebecca, you signed the parchment, you wanted to be involved, don't tell me your focusing on that stupid squad with umbridge? the woman you despise, the woman who hurt draco? are you serious?" she took her hand from mine and picked up my book

"hermione i'm sorry, i- i just can't lie to him anymore"

"we worked the times around you and this is how you repay us?" she laughed sarcastically as she walked away. i was left sitting in the common room. she always supported my decision and she walked away. my eyes started to fill with water. maybe i did the wrong thing. maybe i should've just told them instead. i sat on the couch rethinking my decisions and the fact i would have to visit headquarters ect. if you think about it the whole half of the group was lying to him too. it wasn't just me. i don't really know if that made things better until i felt a hand on my shoulder. i turned to face fred. he was standing in his pyjama bottoms and a little vest thing.

"what's wrong?" he asked as i wiped my face. i shook my head slowly and looked away.

"nothing, i was just leaving anyways" i stood up before fred stopped me

"come on, bring it in" he pulled me into a hug. i buried my face into him as my eyes started to water again. i couldn't bare to tell draco or hermione. i just had to pick one and sadly i picked hermione. maybe i shouldn't have.

"i quit dumbledores army" i sobbed. there was a silence between us as he patted my back

"well, it's not long left until christmas break so we would've been taking a break anyways" he sighed

"b-but i'm at headquarters for christmas" i stuttered. until i heard another voice. it was becca.

"is everything alright? we could hear someone cr- becca you alright?" she spoke softy as she walked over to us

"she quit dumbledore's army" fred sighed

"we thought you would" she smiled weakly

"i don't want to lie to them, to him"

"yeh we don't either but sadly their parents are death eaters and on the opposite side" becca sighed

"w-what if i'm on the opposite side?"

"your not and either are they" she argued

"maybe you should tell him about everything? it might be hard but well it's for the better i guess" fred smiled as i looked up at him. i nodded slowly. we all talked for a while before it came to around quarter to seven, they both needed extra sleep and i needed to get back to the dorm. i walked up and into the dorm. i opened and shut the door as quiet as possible then got into bed.

"where did you go?" draco stretched

"i had to talk to hermione" i smiled as i looked up at him. he looked down at me and noticed my face was slightly red

"what's wrong?" he smiled softly playing with my hair.

"we need to talk" i sighed

"now or?"

"maybe when it's just us two" i smiled weakly "it's nothing about our relationship or anything"

"oh, well that's a bit better then i guess" he smiled getting back to playing with my hair. he was rather calm about this. it made me calmer in a sense. we lay in bed in comfortable silence until i slowly drifted off to sleep. it was a saturday morning so i had nothing to worry about.

"becca, come on, breakfast is away to end" draco nudged as i lay on the bed. my eyes fluttered open once again and i noticed that it was just be and draco. he was already dressed and ready to go.

"just go without me, i'm not hu-

"no, come on" he smiled "you skipped tea and breakfast yesterday, you must be hungry" he was right. i was. i just didn't really want to leave. i was scared. scared to face hermione. scared to tell draco. i wasn't brave enough for this.

"draco-

"come on" he grabbed my arms and pulled me out of bed and basically carried me to my wardrobe. i let out a little giggle as he let go

"fine jeez" i laughed as i threw some clothes on. it didn't take long for us to get to the great hall. as we walked in we could see that it was almost empty. which was great. we walked to our usual seats to see the three boys tucking into their breakfasts.

"you have to try these muffins, better than the last ones" theo spat, literally. his mouth full of muffin.

"oh trust me" i paused as i picked up a muffin and sat down "i will". breakfast went fast but that was expected as we only had about one hour left of breakfast.

"do you want to talk now or?" draco nudged as we walked out the great hall. i mean, it'll be good to get it over and done with.

"umm sure, we'll see you boys later?" i smiled waving at the boys as we left them. the said their goodbyes as we walked away through the corridors. we decided to sit up at the astronomy tower as no one really comes up here often. we sat just against the wall and chatted like normal.

"so what's up?" he asked resting his hand on my leg. i took a deep breath to gather my thoughts. how do i even begin? what do i say? fuck.

———————————————————————-

word count- 1342

short chapter lol