pt32-"just change my grade back"

days went by and draco was still in the hospital wing. he fell pretty bad and unlike third year he wasn't over reacting this time. it would've been a lot worse if dumbledore didn't slow him down but it was still really bad. he was asleep a lot of the time which was rather difficult. i normally spend everyday with him and to be honest i still did. i refused to leave his side unless i needed to shower or sometimes to eat. even when i'm not there i make sure blaise and adrian are. but refusing to leave meant not going to classes. snape wasn't too happy but he was actually rather understanding and just made me do my school work at the hospital wing. he didn't like it at first as i am one of his top students and him his house obviously but i persuaded him eventually. the boys would skip a few classes to come and drop by to see him too which made it a lot less lonely. he's supposed to be getting out in a couple days and i recon he will. he's got a few broken bones but i think he'll be perfectly fine again. the nurses gave him a few potions to make his bones mend as fast as possible and that's why he's asleep so often. it's just taking a lot of energy out of him. the rest of the group was come to see him often but obviously he was asleep so theyd just fill me in with everything that's going on around the school, even hermione came in once but she didn't stay long.
it was always hardest at night. i don't know just something about it didn't feel right. it's only been a few days but it's just freaking staying in there alone. i am with draco but he's always passed out anyways. today everyone's timetables were full so i didn't expect any guests. it was just after 11pm, the whole day was the same. i just can't wait for him to be back to normal. i was sat on the armchair closest to dracos bed and reading over my potions book. he had a little lamp beside his bed so i could read. it was rather quiet and all i could hear was the clock ticking going on and on. i looked up from my book to see dracos eyes fluttering open. all my attention was drawn to him.

"hey" he laughed as he lifted his head up slowly.

"hiya, how was your sleep?" i smiled. talking to draco was the highlight of my day and now i could only do it once every so often.

"it was great although i miss you sleeping next to me" he yawned before lifting the covers up and motioned for me to come in.

"draco that's literally a single bed plus your injured. it's not happening" i smiled as he moved over on the bed slightly

"come on, i miss your warm skin next to mine" he smiled weakly,  i stood up and walked over to his bed and kissed his forehead.

"no draco, you should get back to sleep anyways" i smiled before he reached up and pulled me into a hug. which lead to me laying beside him. i have missed him a lot but i don't think anyone will be too pleased seeing me in his hospital bed.

"why don't you nap with me then? maybe they won't even notice" he smiled cuddling me in tighter. i was trying to be as careful as possible. i don't need him getting any worse. i wanted him to get back to normal as soon as.

"draco if someone sees us-

"what? they'll take a few house points off? so? gryfindoor wins nearly every year anyways" he smiled. he was right. they did. favourites. as usual. if a gryfindoor breathes they get points, if we breathe we get points taken off.

"fine, see if i detention i will not be happy with you" i giggled cuddling into him more, not leaning on him too much so i didn't hurt him though.

"shhhhh just go to sleep" he giggled as we closed our eyes and drifted off to sleep together. it was good to fall asleep in his arms yet again. i had missed his warm embrace or his ice cold hands. the sound of his heartbeat really brought me peace. it's only been days but it's felt like ages. we slept well that night. not a care in the world, we were together.
i woke up to the sound of snape and madam pomfrey talking. fuck. the one day i sleep in his hospital bed. i kept my eyes shut and pretended i was still asleep. it's too early for such an awkward encounter.