pt20- the second task

it was a few weeks after i watched blaise cheat on me. i've just been a bit of a depressive slump lately because of it. nothing special has really been happening to any of us but blaise has started to come back to the dorm but we tend not to speak a lot. it was just a lot to process, all that information in one day. it was just too much. things have calmed down a lot more. i don't want to kill blaise 24/7 anymore and i can kinda bare seeming him around now although i prefer to keep my distance. i like to go around the the gryfindoor common room a lot more than i used to. it just avoids a lot of drama if i do. today was quite a big day. today was the day of the second task. everyone was very excited and ready to see what happens with the four champions. all we were told was to meet on the black lake. i was glad it wasn't as much as a walk than last time. fred and george are doing bets again today but it's just them two and oliver so we could all have a 'break'. their logic not mine.
i woke up to an unusual sound, a girls voice. my eyes fluttered open to see lots of reds and oranges. this isn't my dorm. i was in the girls dorm from last night. i must've fallen asleep here last night. fuck. i looked around the room as i sat up. it was 20 minutes until breakfast so i didn't really care.

"morning becca" bobbie smile while curling her hair for the day. this dorm room is much different that mine back at slytherin as mines is a bit bigger and we all have a bathroom each but this dorm room was a tad smaller and they had one larger bathroom for the whole dorm.

"morning" i groaned while i rolled out of bed. the morning went pretty fast as it was quite enjoyable getting ready with girls for once. a nice change. i threw on my skirt and knee high socks then tucked my shirt in. hermione had already left to go down for breakfast so it was just the three of us. they used to have another girl in this dorm but she moved school so there is always a spare bed here.

"ready girls?" becca's asked as she pulled back her hair to put it up.

"come on then" i smiled as i walked towards the door. as i opened the door to my surprise i saw two very tall ginger boys standing against the door, with a slightly smaller brunette boy standing against the wall across the hall.

"hello ladies" the two ginger boys said in unison.

"morning fred, morning geroge, morning oliver" i laughed as i walked down the hall with fred at my side. the other girls always said their good mornings. george and bobbie are okay now. they don't go out or anything but they still can have a good conversation together without it getting awkward, which makes this group wayyy less toxic to be around. as we walked into the great hall the smell of waffles flew over us all. i looked around the hall to see no group at the table so i decided to sit at the gryfindoors one. fred placed his arm around me as we sat down together. everyone gave us weird looks as they were just as confused as i was.

"what i can't give my girlfriend a hug anymore?" fred almost shouted so the whole table could hear. my head shot around to look up at fred

"shut. up. fredrick" i nudged "people will actually think we're dating. then everyone will think i'm a slag for moving on so fast"

"oh let them think becca, i'd like to be rumoured with you" he winked as i turned back to my waffle. the rest of the breakfast was fine although the boys still weren't here. we were all sitting and chatting about god knows what before ron from the other side of the gryfindoor table.

"wait so fred, you and becca huh? do you guys date or something?"he shouted. now the whole gryfindoor table and the hufflepuff table could hear him now. i started to shake my head towards fred.

"yeh we do now piss off" fred snapped back pulling me in closer. what the fuck was he doing. i loved fred i really did but sometimes he really just pisses me off. i just want to hit him you know?