pt14- the yule ball

i woke up in utter bliss, this last week has just been a series of ups. i got to watch harper dance with snape, i went on multiple dates with blaise and one of which he asked me to the yule ball, no homework from mad-eye as he wanted us to enjoy ourselves and the ball was today. what more could you want? well a few things but it's still a plus.
i woke up to the sound of a knock at the door. my eyes fluttered open to see everyone still in bed apart from chloe, so of course she opened the door.

"hi, it's becca in?"

"yeh she's still in her bed, come in" chloe then opened the door wider, it's was hermione?

"thanks" she rushed over to my bed and sat down beside me "they wrote back" she handed me the letter, we had wrote back before saying that we loved the dresses and asked if we were staying at hogwarts for the entire christmas break, i wanted to go home personally.

'dear becca and mione,
we are so glad you love the dresses, we knew you would. i'm also glad to say that dumbledore has let us come and pick you up right after the yule ball so you are back for christmas day, don't worry we won't pick you up too early as we still want you to enjoy yourselves of course. we can't wait to hear all about the first task and school. stay safe and enjoy yourselves, see you after the ball

love,
        mum xx'

"so we get to go to the ball and get home" i smiled as i pulled hermione in for a side hug.

"how nice of dumbledore to let everyone get home" she smiled in return. we chatted for a while before she had to go back to her dorm to get ready for today. after she left we all got ready and left for breakfast. the great hall was alive to say the least, everyone was so excited for the ball and as it is our holidays right now we had no classes to go to. we sat in our usual seats until we heard a excited scream. it was chloe. we all looked over and oliver had asked her to the ball. i knew how much becca and him got along but i didn't want to get in anyone elses business but i did want to go speak to becca and see if she was alright, i walked over to the gryfindoor table and sat down beside becca, she had painted a smile on her face but me and bobbie knew she was upset. i pulled her in for a side hug and gave her a small kiss on the head. i was heartbroken for her.

"becca, do you wanna come to the three broomsticks with me, bobbie and harper?" i asked as she buried her face into my shoulder. she nodded slowly then sat up

"that would be great, can we go right now" she paused "i don't want to sit here for much longer" and with that we left the greathall together although harper was going to meet us a bit later as she needed to chat with cho. as we entered the three broomsticks the smell of butter beer and pumpkin juice flew over us. it was a good smell, it kinda reminded me of the burrow in a sense. the three of us walked over to a booth and sat together. we chatted about our dresses and if we were going home or not.

"i recon we all get ready at our dorm" bobbie beamed as she took a sip of her butter beer

"oh that would be amazing." becca paused "us three and hermione of course, i'm
guessing harper will get ready with cho"

"who you going with becca" i asked before taking a sip of my drink, she looked at me softly for a moment, bobbie had then nudged me to indicate she didn't have a date

"i actually do have one" she sighed "cedric diggory asked me the other night and i told him i would think about it but now i'm sure, i will"

"oh my god that's amazing bex, i'm sure it'll be so great" i beamed, we all knew she wanted to go with oliver but i think cedric is just as good. the day went on and finally harper brought hermione with her to come and join us for a couple drinks. the three broomsticks was one of the most popular pubs in the wizarding world. it was a great place to just have a good catch up.