38

Jamie ate a little bit from everything while he watched her every bite, his intense stare on her. She avoided looking at him, looking her food, sometimes past him, out to the window. Where ever as long as it wasn't him and his poring eyes. But she could hear his breathing, feeling his presence . As soon she thought she had enough of the staring, she pushed the tray away from her, asking cocky "Happy now?" giving him a questioning look.

"Am I happy?" he chuckled with irony, moving closer to her and yelled "It's for your own good for fucks sake!"

She flinched and turned on the side, her back facing him, hands on her ears to block out every sound and word surrounding her. This man was being horrible again. AGAIN! she thought shaking her head.

"Shit..." he said realizing what he'd done, walking to the other side of the bed to see her.

"Jamie..." he said quietly and stood in place waiting for a response. There wasn't gonna be any. "Look, I'm sorry that I yelled at you." he said regretfully and added sad and concerned "It just kills me to see you like that..." Seeing no reaction from Jamie, he took a seat next to the bed. She waited him to go away but he didn't. After staring her intensively, he took his tab and started to work on something. It wasn't perfect. He would have wanted to kiss her., tell her that they're gonna be fine.. but sitting near her was the best he could have at the moment. So he tried his best to concentrate on writing an email.

Although Jamie was extremely pissed at him for some reason, she had to admit he was right, she needed food. She already felt better, physically. But in her mind was a mess and every time she fell asleep she was stuck in the mire of her emotions and struggled to get out. He was the one to blame for it. He was the killer, the heartbreaker, the brutal leader. She couldn't believe how she was married to him. She thought she must've been drugged to do it, under a serum or something. She thanked her luck that she hadn't had kids with him.

After a while he put down his tab, made himself comfortable and leaned his head on the armchair, his arms crossed on his chest and eyes looking at her until he dozed off. Then she looked at him, now that his eyes weren't poring straight into the depths of her soul. He had bags under his eyes and he looked older, tired and sad.

"He needed the sleep." Emma was standing at the door. Jamie startled and looked towards the voice. "You okay?" Emma asked, walking towards Jamie. Jamie sighed, trying to get over the fact that she had stared him and sat up.

"Physically, yes.. but mentally..." Jamie sighed with trembling breath.

"Take your time." Emma smiled to Jamie, placing a blanket on Eric. Jamie looked at her and him, her brows raised.

"What?" she asked "I was serious when I told you that he's been here as much as his responsibilities allowed him to be."

"You should get some rest too." Emma suggested.

As in order, Jamie also felt tired. She adjusted her cuffed hand and closed her eyes, worried. She was tired of thinking about things and reminding things she didn't remember. But she knew that the dreamworld was waiting for her, relentless of reminding her things, demonized truth, suffocating pain and panic.

Eric woke up besides her on the bed and switched of a reminder beeping on his watch. He had gone there at some point when her nightmares woke him up. He had held her hand and looked her features in a dim lighting. He kissed her lips, her eyes, her cold fingers before he had to go.

"See you soon, my love." he whispered to her and left.