21

************************VIOLENT AND DISTURBING SCENES AHEAD******************

Eric woke up by Nadia's friendly hand patting on his shoulder "Morning." he said to her.

"Coffee." she offered him a mug.

"Thank you." Eric took a sip of the coffee and stood up placing the mug on the bedside table "How is she?"

"She's sleeping." she replied, "Zane did a number on her."

"He'll be sorry he laid his hands on her." Eric gritted his teeth.

"Oh, I'm sure." she said already knowing what Eric's capable of, noticing that Jamie was waking up.

"Jamie. Sweetheart." she said to her "How are you feeling?" Eric stood up to have a better look at her. She was looking around, confused. As soon as their eyes met, she started to scream and sit up "No! Go away!!!" almost backing up against the wall.

Eric glanced at Nadia, asking for some help. She ran to the next room. Eric stood still, his hands reached out "It's okay.. No one's gonna hurt you, baby!" but when he moved a bit she startled again. "I'm not gonna hurt you!" But it didn't ring her any bell. She just flinched and warned "Stay back!" Nadia ran back and walked to her slowly, hiding the syringe "Sweetheart, don't be afraid." Jamie looked at her, not panicking anymore but stayed alerted. Nadia managed to get enough close to her to inject her with a sedative. Her stare changed in a second, the scare in her eyes was gone and her body wasn't that tense anymore. They exchanged looks and looked at her, not wanting to frighten her anymore, until she started to get dizzy and slowly started sliding down on the bed.

"There you go, baby." he said taking her hand and preparing to catch her, his breathing shivering. Suddenly she closed her eyes and fell right into his arms. He held him tight, brushing her hair away from her face, looking every cell on her face, whispering "You're alright, baby. I love you." and pecked few greedy kisses on her lips. He then placed her carefully on the bed and Nadia checked her vitals.

"What's wrong with her, Nadia?" he asked sad and worried.

"Well, at first I though she's in shock but the injection marks on her neck and the toxicology report says she's been drugged." Nadia said looking at the papers in her hand.

"Zane drugged her?" he asked angry, his nostrils flared "With what?"

"Some kind of serum." Nadia said "They're running for more tests."

"Is she gonna be alright?" he said holding her hand.

"I think she needs to rest." she said hopeful "We know more soon."

"Yeah." he said thoughtful and stood up "Pretty soon."

"What are you going to do?" Nadia asked worried.

"I'm gonna ask Zane some answers. Even if I have to beat them out of him." he said clenching his jaw.

"I'll keep you posted." Nadia said. She stayed with her until Emma was able to take over.

Eric went to the cellar and told "Don't disturb me, no matter what!" Guard nodded to him and let Eric in.

He walked in completely calm, monitoring his brother. He had ordered to lock him up and leave untouched. He knew he'd want to wreck him himself.

Zane was sitting on the chair, looking into a blank space, ignoring him completely. Eric unlocked the cell and stepped in, unlocking it again. He walked calmly to the table and sat on a chair opposite Zane. They sat in complete silence for a minute, Eric looking Zane's features and then took a deep breath and leaned forward "I'm gonna need you to tell me what you injected her with." Zane smirked, looking in Eric's eyes "You're actually concerned." and huffed "And here I though..." But he couldn't finish cause Eric jumped up, swiping the little table between them out of the way and grabbed him by the collar dragging forward, so he was tiptoeing on the chairs front legs, hanging by the chain that was around his neck like Jamie had. Eric crouched in front of him, looking Zane's bulging eyes and him choking.

"What was that?" he asked playfully, looking an answer from Zane's eyes and when he thought he was reaching his limit he stood up and kicked Zane's chest with his foot so the chair he sat on flew back on four legs.

He calmed down a bit, watching Zane cough and gasp. When he could breathe normally again, Eric took his chair and sat opposite to Zane, running his hands through his hair. He took a deep breath before continuing.

"Lets try again: What's she on?" Eric asked barely keeping calm. Zane stayed quiet, staring cocky at his brother.

"No?" Eric asked after a moment of staring competition and stood up punching Zane few times in the face. Zane leaned his head back groaning. Eric grabbed Zane's hair and yanked it back, hissing through his teeth "Don't think I'm gonna have mercy on you cause you're my brother!" and pushed his head away. He stood up and said "I'm gonna give you time till morning and if you don't start to sing then, I'm gonna break you." Zane gave Eric a death stare and spat out blood.

Eric pulled away sharply and backed away, panting in fury. He locked the cell and walked back to the Infirmary.