A Talk With The Author / Book Club!

Start from the beginning

1960's
Kathryn and Theo DO see each other again, but in my mind...he dies. He dies! What happens? Well, as we all know, during their relationship, Mildred and Richard Loving were in the process of fighting against miscegenation laws. And we all know they fight against it and win that case. A couple years after that law's been passed, they finally get together again but they don't tell his family for obvious reasons....
Anyways,a racist co-worker of Theo catches them. Constantly harassed Theo about it. Theo tries to tell the cops, they don't do anything about it. Kathryn is also getting harassed and she's upset about this. And in the end, that one co workers hatred goes too far and Theo ends up dying, taking a bullet for her. So yeah :) It completely breaks her and it seems like she never recovers from this.

1970's
The era we have the most info about. Okay so, this is gonna be a LONG one (but an interesting one). Bare with me. And before y'all ask, no I️ will not make it a story.

Jessica goes on to raise Elisa alone. She occasionally dates but they're not Nate so it never goes anywhere. And then Elisa grows up, gets married, has Aaliyah. Blah blah blah. Nate is on a mission in Vietnam, when...for lack of better wording, shit starts to blow up and he gets knocked out while everyone else is dead so he basically survives, it's just that the Viet-Cong thought he was dead so they left him alone. And then Mai and her brother walks through the area and noticed he was kind of waking up and Mai out of the goodness of her heart decides to help him. So she nurses him back to health and it's revealed he has amnesia but knows who he is and what he does and knows he has a family. At first Nate had every intention of getting back to his family and decides that as a way to thank Mai and her little brother Hao, he would use his military connections to help get them out of war torn Vietnam. But they close the US embassy during the Fall of Saigon and despite him proving himself to be a US Marine, they leave all three of them behind. So, Nate spends even MORE time in Vietnam longer than needed. After a couple of years, he tries again and is successful and finally gets to go back home but another problem has arises. Him and Mai fell in love. He doesn't remember Jessica at all except for the picture she sent them and although he felt guilty about it for a long time, he eventually gives in. So going back to the US, he figures he has people waiting for him when he gets back. He, Mai and Hao move back to the US but he doesn't make an effort to contact Jessica AT ALL. Instead, he reaches out to his family, who WE KNOW doesn't like Jessica so WE KNOW they would never reach out to her. But Fiona, Nate's younger sister, tell Jessica that Nate's back and alive but doesn't seem to have any memory. Of course, Jessica rushes to see him but when she realizes that he truly doesn't recognize or remember her and sees he's happier with another, she leaves him alone for good. (Which is why she said "I️ never said he was dead")

1980's

Nick gets sent to juvie for the rest of of his school year for battery, assault and attempted murder. He then eventually gets sent to a halfway house to get help for his emotional issues and to get his GED ask he could enroll in community college. He forms a bond with a mentor/therapist who helps pushes him forward as well as keeping up with his friendship with Jordan. Nick remembers Jordan's words and although his ultimate goal is getting Maya back, he eventually lets go of her and focuses on himself completely. He eventually works his way up to EMT despite his criminal background. Maya was on lockdown and kept a close eye on for the rest of her senior year after her little mini rebellion. Meanwhile she was struggling with the aftermath of her sexual assault and her toxic relationship with Nick. And that unchecked hurt didn't do her any favors when she went to college. First semester of college, she was wilding out and almost failed out. She then promised to be a better student and eventually gets her grades back up. She took a one year break from college to travel and meets a cute Latino guy during her trip to Colombia and falls for him but it's a whirlwind romance. She comes back to the US and runs into Nick one day and sees he's doing good while he notices she's not doing too well mentally, and soon the roles are reversed and now it's HIM taking care of HER. They see each other in secret for a while again but when Nick starts to demand to go farther than they are, he realizes they really ARE toxic and they break-up for good.

1990's
Yeah...they don't ever see each other again. What can I️ say? 🤷🏽‍♀️

And then we have the 2040's. If y'all want me to do that, let me know.

Like I️ said, I️ am NOT making full stories for these, these are the gist of their relationships. These are CANON. I️ told y'all, y'all didn't want me to tell y'all what the actual stories are but some of y'all wanted an explanation.
___________________________

So I'm not making a sequel. This is a standalone book. I️ was thinking about it, but tbh, as much as I️ love these characters I️ created, I️ wanna create new stories and give new life to new characters.

SPEAKING OF NEW CHARACTERS....

Hehe, if you liked this story, I️ have a new story called Drawn to You. It's kind of a reworked old story (like most of my stories). Inspired by the classic Romeo and Juliet feud, taking place in modern times.

Thank you for reading this chapter if you got to read it. It's been like a year or so later so idk how many of my former readers are actually gonna read it but whatever. Have a great day!!