Chapter 47

It took a few days to unpack everything into their brand new, perfect, Malibu house. Today they have an ultrasound appointment to find out the gender of the perfect, little baby.

Patrick's POV:

Ellen and I got to sleep in a little since our appointment was at 1 p.m. The alarm rang through our ears at 11 a.m. This was one of the first times that we've slept until the alarm. I rolled over to shut off the alarm and rolled back over to snuggle up next to the love of my life. I placed my head in the crook of her neck. I felt a slight movement from her and she tried to roll over, but my head was in the way. I backed off of her and she rolled over and then we were face to face. Our eyes were locked. I was staring into her perfect, green eyes that I could spend all day staring into. I picked up my right hand to place it on her face and I traced the outline of her porcelain jawline. Her jawline was flawless, just like her. "Good morning, my love.", I said once my finger landed on her chin.

Her eyes looked at my finger and then back up to my eyes, "It's a good morning.".

I laughed, "What do you mean by that?".

"This is the best way to wake up. Next to you. Every morning. I love waking up like this.".

I smiled, looked at her pink lips, while biting my lip, and then back at her eyes, "I love waking up like this, too.".

I grabbed her chin with my hand and I leaned in to place a soft kiss on her lips. 

I pulled away and her eyes were still closed. I smiled at her and she opened them back up. She bit her lip and laughed, "What?".

My smile grew bigger, "You... just you.".

What once was a laugh on her face grew into a big, perfect smile. I could practically see all of her teeth, "I love you so much.".

"I love you more.", I said while placing another kiss on her lips before getting out of bed. I heard her head hit the pillow hard. I turned around and still, a smile was found on her face. Her smile could say 1,000 words. Her smile looked like how a teenage girl would smile after they had their first kiss. 

I smiled back at her, "You know we can find out the gender of the baby.", she said while getting out of bed and making it. 

"Yes, we do.", I said while opening the bathroom door to allow her to walk in first.

"So, do we find out or do we wait till it's born?", she asked while grabbing a brush from the drawer.

"I think...", I said while wrapping my hands around her waist and kissing her neck, "I think we should find out.".

She placed the brush on the counter of the bathroom, "I think we should too.", she said as she looked at me in the mirror. 

I grabbed my toothbrush and toothpaste and continued getting ready for the day.

It was now 12:25 p.m. and we were ready to go to the doctor.

On the drive there, we were hand in hand, and hoping for the best news at the doctors. "So, what gender would you like the baby to be?", I asked her.

"Honestly", she said turning to face me, "I'll be happy with anything.".

I rubbed my thumb against her hand, "Me too.", I said while smiling.

10 minutes later, we arrived at the doctor's office. "You ready?", I asked her while subtly touching her face. 

A slight smile appeared upon her face. Her hand grabbed mine harder, "Yes. Like always.".

I pulled her face closer to mine and kissed her. I opened my car door and went to the other side to open hers.

We walked in, hand in hand, and went inside the building.