Chapter 20

Ellen's POV:

The alarm clock sound blared at 5:00 am. I went to go reach to turn it off but before I could lift my arm up to turn it off, I felt Patrick's muscular body reach over my tiny, fragile body and turned it off. He hit the 'off' button and snuggled next to me. I moaned a little but then I realized that it was Patrick snuggling next to me. I didn't want it to end but I'm in his house, where his wife is just a few rooms down. "Mmh, I have to get up and shower.", I said lying, not wanting our cuddle session to end but I knew that Jillian and his kids were in the house too.

I got up out of bed and went towards the bathroom. I heard the bed creak and looked back and Patrick was following me into the bathroom. I turned around and told him, "No. You're not following me into the shower."

Patrick took a big sigh and said, "Why not?" while making big puppy dog eyes at me.

"Because Patrick. We're both still married. I haven't even spoken to Chris since that night. Before anything happens, we need to think about our lives. I'm clearly going to divorce Chris but you? You don't want to start anything with Jillian and your kids. Just think about it.", I said while entering the bathroom, closing, and locking the door.

Patrick's POV:

While Ellen decided to not let me shower with her, I decided to go shower in my bedroom. I opened the door and Jillian was sitting on the bed staring at me. Before I could ask her what she wants she says, "So, you slept with Ellen last night huh?".

"Well, where did you want me to sleep?". I asked.

"ON THE COUCH, LIKE YOU SAID!", she screamed at me.

"I never said that's where I was sleeping. That's where you wanted me to go sleep. But you know what Jill, I'm not starting shit with you at 5 am. I'm going to go shower and then go to work. We'll talk when I get home.", I said while entering the bathroom. I slammed the door shut and I got into the shower.

While in the shower, I thought, 'What do I do now? I know I'm in love with Ellen, we both know that. But like Ellen keeps on saying, I have kids. I can't ruin their lives because I fell in love with Ellen. Maybe I should sit down with Jillian and not argue with her and talk with her.'. I rinsed off my body one last time and then I turned off the water, grabbed a towel to dry myself off then got out of the shower. I blow-dried my hair and put my daily product in it. I then opened the door and found Jillian sitting in our bed crying. I sat down next to her and tried to comfort her. I told her, "It's going to be okay. We're going to work through this."

"Really?", she said. "It's not going to work out because you're in love with her. You're in love with Ellen Pompeo. What do I have to do, to get you to care? We have kids! We've been married for almost 10 years. She walks into your life because of the T.V. show you work on and you fall in love with her as if you weren't married to anyone. Seriously, Patrick, what do I have to do to get you to care. Do I have to cheat on someone for you to realize because that's what seems to send you into a blind rage? Oh, wait that won't work because I'M NOT ELLEN POMPEO. Patrick, seriously it's not going to work."

"Why don't we try marriage counseling?", I suggested.

"If you really want this marriage to work out, sure we can try. But don't pay for them if you're not going to put any effort into this relationship. I'll go find someone.", she said while walking out of the bedroom.

I took a big sigh and I put some clothes on. Now, the time was 6:25 am and Ellen was out of the shower. We got our stuff together and then we left to go work.

I opened the garage door then I walked to the passenger side of the car to open the door for Ellen. She got in then I closed it. I walked to the driver's side, started the car, put the car in reverse, and backed out of the driveway. I got into the street and put the car in drive and we were on our way to set. I broke the silence between Ellen and me and said, "Jillian and I are going to try marriage counseling.".

"That's good! Is that what you want?", she asked.

I sighed and said, "No, not at all. Yes. Maybe. I don't know.".

She placed her hand on my thigh, which was basically her hands second home by now. Ellen looked at me and said, "Well I have a court date to divorce Chris. I'm wondering if you want to be a witness at the hearing?".

I looked back into her eyes and said, "Of course. When is it?".

"October 23.", she said.

"Perfect, I'll be there.", I said placing my free hand on top of her hand and I smiled at her and she smiled back. For the rest of the car ride, we listened to the radio and talked about work.