Chapter 43

Patrick's POV:

We arrived home and I ran straight inside and called Jillian's parents, since my kids are staying with them. Their mom just went to jail because she was so upset that she couldn't control her emotions and all I thought was that they needed their dad. At least Talula did. I dialed their number so quickly. Luckily they picked up, but it was Ron. His angry voice ran through my ears, "What the fuck do you want?".

I was startled by Ron's aggressiveness. I took a deep breath before I spit back at him, "I need to see my kids.".

Ron screamed through the phone. I was pretty sure China could hear him, "You want to see your kids after you just sent my daughter to jail? You're crazy!".

It took every nerve in my body to fight back my emotions, "Ron, listen to me", I tried calming him down, "I wasn't the one who made her destroy my house. She was the one who did that, not me. Yes, she was angry at me and that was her way of getting back at me but at the end of the day, they're my kids and the court says I get custody of them for 6 months. You're the one holding me back from seeing my kids. If you don't let me pick them up, I'll send you to jail and you can share a cell with your daughter.".

I heard him through the phone screaming at Kristin to get the kids and their belongings together. "Fine, just because I don't want to go to jail, and you don't get the right to send two Fink's to jail. We'll drop them off in a few hours.". Ron abruptly hung up the phone.

I slammed my hands on the counter and dropped my head. A few moments later, I felt Ellen hug me from behind. I closed my eyes as I felt her breath on my neck. I picked up my right hand and played with her hair. "Are they coming over?", she asked.

I turned my head as she lifted her off of my shoulder. "Yeah. In a few hours. But who knows what Ron is going to do or say when he arrives.".

She placed her hands on my head and all of my attention was on her. "It's all going to be okay.", she said and placed a soft, perfect kiss on my lips.

I stared into her eyes, "Thank you. And I'm not just saying that because they're coming to stay with us. I'm saying it because I mean it. I'm so grateful that you've been on my side during the divorce, and now that Jill is in jail. Ellen, I love you so much.".

Her pupils dilated, "Not as much as I love you.", she said while placing another kiss onto my lips.

"Impossible.", I said while picking her up. She squealed and she wrapped her legs around me. I kissed her neck as I walked to the couch and gently laid her down. I moved my lips from her neck to her lips and our tongues danced around, like a melody. Our hands roamed each other's bodies as if they were on a dance floor. I started to unclasp her bra but before I could take it off, she pushed me off of her, "Not before the kids get here.", she laughed.

"Noo, why not? It's going to be a while.", I tried to convince her.

"Because then I won't want to stop.", she said while getting off the couch.

"Fine.", I growled back to her.

"Did you just growl at me?", she turned around with her eyebrows scrunched.

"Yeah, I did. Why, did you not like it?", I said patting the couch cushion next to me.

"Yeah. It's a big turn off actually.", she said walking up the stairs.

"Oh, you'll owe me for this."

She turned around and winked at me. 'She's the cutest tease', I thought to myself as I laid down on the couch to take a nap.