Chapter 31

Patrick's POV:

I went to my room to grab my suit, socks, and a tie. I grabbed my attire and went into Ellen's room to shower. "If you don't mind, can I use your shower?", I asked her.

She looked up from the food that was in front of her and her green eyes pierced into my soul. Those perfect green eyes that I could look at all day. She broke our little staring contest and said, "Well this is your house so it is your shower.", she chuckled at the end.

"Right.", I said as I entered the bathroom door.

I was about halfway done with my shower as I heard the door open. I continued to rinse the soap off my body but I heard the glass door open. I looked behind me and saw Ellen's face looking straight at me. "I could use a shower too. But nothing is happening .", she said.

She took off her pajamas and entered the shower and I asked her, "What do you mean by nothing is happening?" as I played with her hair.

"You know what I mean.", she said while lathering up her hair with shampoo. 

"Okay then. Do you want to talk about what you can expect today?", I asked her.

"No, not really.", she said wiping her hands down my chest. "Plus, I have the best lawyer on my side, and you."

I wanted to kiss her so bad but every nerve in my body told me not to.

After a refreshing shower with Ellen, we both changed into our formal attire and got ready to leave to go to court. 

I got changed in my room and I got done getting ready so I went into Ellen's room to see if she was ready. I knocked on the door and she opened it up right away. 

She opened the door and she was wearing a blue and white striped button-up top with a grey blazer and black high wasted pants. I tried so hard not to have my jaw drop open but before I knew it, Ellen said laughing, "Why are you catching flies?".

I closed my mouth and laughed back at her and said, "You just look so good and professional.".

She came closer to me and grabbed my blazer and pulled me into her chest and she kissed me on the cheek. She pulled away and said, "Thank you."

After our cute little moment, we just stared at each other for a while.

I looked at the clock on the wall and the time read 9:23. I asked her, "You ready to go?".

She took a deep breath and said, "Yes, and no, for a couple of reasons.".

I grabbed her hand, turned off the light, closed the door, and we walked downstairs. I sat both of us down on the couch as asked her while placing my hand on her thigh, "What are the couple of reasons?".

She took a big sigh and said, "I'm ready, so ready, to leave him and start my life with you and have this beautiful baby. I'm just not mentally prepared to see him since it has been a month and the last time I saw him he basically kidnapped me.".

I rubbed my hand up and down her leg and said, "Listen, El. I'll be right by your side the entire time. You have so much evidence on him to prove him wrong it is not even funny. You have the best lawyer. You couldn't be more set. I love you. We got this.".

She stared right into my eyes, grabbed my face, and kissed me. With passion, I kissed her back. I pulled away and stood up. I let my hand out and helped her up. "You ready?", I asked one last time.

She took a deep breath in, nodded her head up and down, and said, "Yes.".

With our hands linked together, I grabbed her purse and my keys and we were out the door and on our way to get things changed for the better.