Chapter 37

Ellen's POV:

A few weeks passed and it was the day of our ultrasound. Before the alarm could go off, I felt Patrick's arms and legs wrap around my body. "Mmmh, good morning, beautiful."

I loved waking up, every morning this way.

I placed my hands on top of his, "I love waking up like this.", I said.

"Me too, babe.", he said in his raspy morning voice. 

The sexiest voice a woman can hear is Patrick's morning voice.

I started to take the covers off so I could get ready for the day but Patrick refused that I got out of bed. "Noo, stay here, with me, all day.", he said.

I rolled over so I could look into his perfect, crystal, ocean eyes, "But we have a doctor's appointment for our baby.", I groaned at him.

"Just stay here. Please. For a few more minutes.", Patrick begged.

"Fine.", I said with a pissy look on my face.

10 minutes passed and the alarm woke us up. He reached over me to turn it off. "Now, you can go get ready.", he said.

I took the covers off my body and I went into the bathroom to get ready for our appointment. 

As I was getting ready I heard a knock at the bathroom door. I knew it was Patrick. I turned around and opened the door. I looked at him and in his hands was a bowl of fruit. I just loved how he treated me with a surprise breakfast. I opened the door more so that we could come into the bathroom. He set the bowl down on the counter and kissed me on the cheek. "Enjoy.", he said whispering into my ear.

I smiled back and said, "Thank you.", and then he left the room. 

I finished getting ready and I walked downstairs and found Patrick reading the newspaper. I kissed his neck as I walked by him and I put the bowl in the sink. "Whatcha reading?", I asked him.

"Mmh, just the daily news.", he said responding to my question.

I sat down next to him and laid my head on his shoulder. He put the newspaper down, turned his head, and kissed my forehead. "You ready?", he asked rubbing my belly.

"Yup.", I said while taking my head off his shoulder. We got up and he grabbed my purse and keys and we left to go to the doctor. 

On the car ride there, our hands were linked together the entire time. While on our way there, a song played on the radio that just reminded me of my relationship with Patrick: 

I've been awake for a while now
You've got me feeling like a child now
'Cause every time I see your bubbly face
I get the tingles in a silly place

It starts in my toes
Makes me crinkle my nose
Wherever it goes
I always know
You make me smile
Please stay for a while now
Just take your time
Wherever you go

The rain is falling on my windowpane
But we are hiding in a safer place
Undercovers staying dry and warm
You give me feelings that I adore

They start in my toes
Make me crinkle my nose
Wherever it goes
I always know
You make me smile
Please stay for a while now
Just take your time
Wherever you go

But what am I gonna say?
When you make me feel this way?
I just, hmm

And it starts in my toes
Makes me crinkle my nose
Wherever it goes
I always know
You make me smile
Please stay for a while now
Just take your time
Wherever you go

I've been asleep for a while now
You tucked me in just like a child now
'Cause every time you hold me in your arms
I'm comfortable enough to feel your warmth

It starts in my soul
And I lose all control
When you kiss my nose
The feeling shows
'Cause you make me smile
Baby, just take your time now
Holding me tight

Wherever, wherever
Wherever you go
Wherever, wherever
Wherever you go
Wherever you go
Always know
'Cause you make me smile
Even just for a while

At the end of the song, we pulled into the parking lot of the doctors' office. He put the car in park, turned his head to look at me, and said, "You ready?".

I squeezed my hand that was in Patrick's hand tighter and said with a smile, "Of course.".

We got out of the car and walked into the building, hand in hand. We went to the elevator and pushed the up button. The doors open and he pushed the button to go to floor 3. We rode the elevator just as Meredith and Derek would. The doors opened and we walked to the glass doors that led into the waiting room. We opened the glass doors and I sat down as Patrick checked me in. He sat down next to me and we waited to be called in.