Chapter 5

Ellen's POV:

"He did it again", I whispered into the phone

"What? Ellie speak up I can barely hear you.", Patrick said in his nice caring voice.

When he spoke in this voice, this tone, I was always head over heels for it. I knew that I couldn't fall in love with him. He's married, has kids. 3. 3 kids! I can't ruin his family. He seems happy with his life. I can't ruin that.

I shook that thought out of my head and answered Patrick, since I didn't respond for almost 10 seconds.

"He did it again", I said a little louder. I didn't want Chris to hear me talking to someone, so I tried to stay as quiet as possible.

"Oh my god. Ellen.", Patrick said in a concerned tone.

"Patrick.", I said back to him, on the verge of tears. I needed someone to just hold me and tell me that it was going to be all right.

"Ellen. I'm on my way over." Patrick said very quickly.

"No. Don't!", I replied. "If Chris hears me leave or hears the door open, he will call the police and have a search warrant out for me.

I could hear Patrick sigh into the phone. "Then I'll call the police and they'll arrest him," Patrick replied, trying to help me through this situation.

I contemplated that idea. But then I came up with another situation that could occur. I told him, "Well what if when he gets out of prison he finds me again and this happens all over again."

I could hear Patrick breathing heavily through the phone, worrying about me. I'm grateful that he has been helping me get through this situation but at this time, I don't want to make Chris upset and then he abuses me more.

"Ellen. Listen to me. Tomorrow morning, you and I, we go on a hike and just talk things out. I think that is what you need."

I contemplated this idea too. But then I realized, okay, I think this is what I need. I just need something to take my mind off of Chris and everything happening at home.

I replied to Patrick and said, "Okay, I'll meet you at Elysian Park Trail at 10 am and we can hike and talk about everything.". I smiled in relief knowing that I can get things off my chest and be happy with Patrick.

"I'll see you there. 10 am. Don't be late", Patrick laughed into the phone. God his contagious, deep and sexy laugh that I could fall head over heels for.

"Okay", I laughed back into the phone but still trying to be quiet so Chis didn't hear me. " I'll see you there."

"I'll see you there Ellie. Good night." Patrick said.

"Good night. I lo-", I tried to say but then I heard Chris come downstairs and I quickly ended the call and pretended as if I was asleep. 'Oh no', I thought to myself. I hope he didn't hear me. I felt his hands wrap around me. He picked me up and I could feel his steps walk towards the door that led to the garage. 'Oh no. Oh no. Oh no', I kept on saying to myself in my head. He definitely heard me. I'm so screwed.