Chapter 15

Ellen's POV:

After the 30 minute drive to set, we finally arrived. Patrick put the car in park. When he touched the gear shift our hands were still linked together. We unlinked our hands and he turned the car off and we both unbuckled our seatbelts, opened the doors, and got out of the car. He locked the car and we walked into the building. 

When we entered the building Shonda was standing at the door to greet both of us.

"Hey, you two!", she said with her arms open wide and giving both of us a hug.

"Hey hey!", Patrick and I both said.

"Okay, so today is going to be short but productive! Ellen, all you have to do is the narration for the episode. Patrick, all you have to do is try on some outfits for an upcoming episode. And that's all!", Shonda said with excitement. 

"Sounds good!", Patrick said.

We walked into the recording room. It wasn't just Patrick and Shonda in there with us, so right now wasn't the best time to bring up my situation with Chris. Shonda handed me the piece of paper that has my lines on it. I took a quick glance at them and then I started to speak, "Sometimes... you never know...".

After 30 minutes of recording the narration for the episode, I asked Shonda if she, Patrick, and I can speak in a private room. We walked into the room and Patrick closed the door. We all sat down and Shonda asked, "What's up?".

I took a big sigh. Patrick put his hand on top of my hand. I looked into his eyes and with my eyes, I said 'thank you'. I opened my mouth and said, "I really don't know how to put this. So ever since Chris and I got married, he has been abusing me, even on our honeymoon. Recently I told Patrick about everything, because he's my real-life person, and I was on the phone talking with him. While I was on the phone, Chris was upstairs and he heard me talking to him. I ended the phone call very abruptly and I pretended I was asleep. However, he picked me up, and long story short he kidnapped me. Luckily I was able to escape and I got a cab to Patrick's house and I've been living with him and his family ever since."

"Ellen. I'm so terribly sorry to hear this. Are you emotionally okay to film this episode, since it targets abuse?", Shonda said.

"Yes, I am. Patrick has been very helpful during these times and I'm very grateful for him. I just wanted to let you know because I believe it will help shoot this episode and make it smoother on both ends if people know. I was planning on telling more people as the week goes on however, I do give you permission to tell the directors, producers, and the filming crew. It will be my priority to let my castmates know.", I said while looking at Shonda and then into Patrick's eyes and smiling at him.

"Alright. Thank you Ellen for being professional and putting a brave face on.", Shonda said. 

"Of course.", I replied to her.

Shonda got up and hugged us both and she left the room.

"You okay?", Patrick said rubbing my back.

"Yeah.", I said chuckling and wiping a few tears from my eyes. "Don't you have to go try on a few outfits?", I asked Patrick.

"Yes I do.", he replied.

We both stood up and left the room.

"I'll be in my trailer going over the script, you can meet me there.". I told Patrick,

"Okay. Sounds good!.", he said and we both went our separate ways.