Chapter 29

Ellen's POV:

"Jillian?", I heard Patrick say from a distance. 'Oh shit', I thought to myself. Without thinking I decided to run upstairs so she didn't know that I would still be here. "AND SHE IS STILL HERE?!!", I heard her scream from a distance. 'Well, there goes my cover.", I said to myself turning around. I awkwardly walked back down the stairs and sat back at the kitchen table and I finished my dinner or at least tried to since my appetite was basically gone. 

"Why is she still here? I thought that if I would walk out, just for a few hours, some common sense would hit you, you would've thought about what you have done and try to fight. I know I said on the note that I don't want to fight but I do! I promise I do!", Jillian said.

My heart dropped to my stomach. If she really wants to fight for their love, does Patrick want to do the same? What is Jillian going to do when she finds out that I'm carrying Patrick's baby? We all know the media is going to go crazy when I start to show and when I'm carrying a baby wherever I go, that looks more like Patrick than Chris. 

"Jillian. I'm so sorry.", Patrick replied to her. Before I knew it, Jillian started to hyperventilate and cry. She looked at me and based on the look she gave me, I knew.

"You're seriously going to leave me for her?!", she asked screaming. 

"It's more than just that, Jill", Patrick said.

"What. It's not like you're married to her. It's not like you have kids with her. Come on, Patrick. We have kids. What do you think our kids will think about this situation when they're older and they can comprehend this?", Jillian said.

"It's just complicated.", Patrick said.

"Right... complicated. Everything is complicated with you. The kids and I are at a hotel. Within the next few days, I'll be in and out to get all of our things together since you don't want to fight for our marriage. Then, we'll be back in Maine.", Jillian said.

Patrick started to walk back towards the kitchen table. He whispered to me and said, "I gotta tell her.".

"Just do what you have to do.", I whispered back to him.

Patrick sat back down and said, "Jillian. You're right. It is more complicated than what I'm telling you. I think you're going to want to sit down for this.".

Jillian sat down at the head of the table. Patrick took one big breath and said, "Today we found out that Ellen's pregnant. And it is more than likely my child. Tha-", Patrick said but he got cut off by Jillian.

Jillian stood up in anger but calmed down pretty quickly. "You know what, Patrick? I suspected it. And I'm not surprised.", she said while walking towards the door.

"You'll be hearing from my divorce lawyer soon. Make sure you get a great one. Have a great life you two. Ellen, he's a keeper. Have fun with him and try to keep him for as long as you can before he runs off ruins your life, by falling-in-love with another woman. It hurts.", she said while slamming the door and shaking the whole house.

I let out the biggest sigh I ever could. I turned to Patrick and he said, "I'll never do what I just did to Jillian to you. You're the love of my life. I love you so much.".

I smiled at him and he smiled back and he leaned across the table to kiss me. "Now, let's get to bed. We have a big day tomorrow.", he said.

We put the dishes in the dishwasher and we both got ready for bed. We cuddled next to each other in bed. We hugged each other and our legs were intertwined and our hands were linked together. 'I could get used to this', I thought to myself.