Chapter 16

Patrick's POV:

I went into the costume trailer and Emily, the costume designer, was there waiting for me.

"Hey, Dempsey!", she said.

"Hi, Emily.", I replied.

"Do you know what is going on in the episode that you're getting fitted for today?", she asked.

"I do not. What is it?", I asked eagerly.

"A Merder proposal.", she said.

'This couldn't have been planned more perfectly', I thought to myself. Ellen has been more present in my life and she needs me more than anything. This. Is. Perfect.

"Oh my goodness. It's about time Derek makes a move!", I said while laughing with lots of excitement.

"Great! Let's get you fitted!", Emily said.

After trying on a few pantsuits, shirts, and jackets, the perfect proposal outfit was created.

"Now Patrick, don't tell anybody, even Ellen. I know how close you two can be. I wasn't even supposed to tell you, but I couldn't control my excitement.", Emily said.

"Of course I won't.", I said smiling while putting my shoes back on.

I thanked Emily, left the trailer and I was heading my way towards Ellen's trailer. As I was approaching her trailer, the body figure of a man who made my blood boil entered my sight of vision. I approached him and said, "Hey, what's up!".

"Man, have you seen Ellen? I know she's in town because everything of hers was out of my house when I went back during my lunch break. Do you know if she's here?", he asked.

"I don't believe so. I was just here trying on some outfits for a future episode.", I said coming up with something believable.

"Oh, gotcha. If you run into Ellen, can you give her my new phone number? I had to buy a new phone since I haven't been able to find my old one", he said handing me a piece of paper with his phone number on it.

"Yeah of course.", I said.

"Great. Thanks again", he said.

"Yup", I said as I walked towards my trailer. I unlocked the door, opened it to make it look like I was going into it. I closed the door and locked it. I looked at the piece of paper, ripped it up, and threw it on the ground.

After waiting for 5 minutes, I texted Ellen saying, "Hey. I'm all finished. I'm in my trailer though, I saw Chris outside of yours."

Ellen's POV:

As I was rehearsing my lines, I heard a knock on the door. My paranoid self looked out the window because, with my luck, Chris would show up. And I'm glad I did. I saw Chris and Patrick talking outside. I quickly squatted down and I put my ear up against the wall to hear their conversation.

5 minutes passed and it was quiet outside. I felt a buzz in my back pocket and I got a text from Patrick saying, "Hey. I'm all finished. I'm in my trailer though, I saw Chris outside of yours."