Chapter 35

Patrick's POV:

I changed out of my lounge-wear into a pair of dark blue jeans and a red v-neck top. I walked down the stairs to Ellen asleep on the couch. I kissed her on the forehead and I walked out of the house to go to Longhorn with the boys.

After about a 20-minute drive, I arrived at Longhorn and got a table for the guys and me. 

I waited for a little less than 5 minutes and they all started to arrive at the restaurant.

"Hey, Dempsey", Eric said as we did a little handshake.

"Hey, all. Thanks for coming!", I said.

"Yeah, of course. Anytime.", Justin replied. 

The hostess walked us to our table and we all sat down, opened the menus, and began to decide on what to eat.

After we ordered our beverages and food for the night, it was now time to tell them why I really brought them out to dinner. I took a deep breath before speaking and said, "So, as some of you may or may not know, Ellen recently divorced Chris and Jillian is filing a divorce against me.".

"Oh no, why?", Eric questioned.

"Well, long story short. Ellen and I went out drinking one night and we came back to my house and you know, one thing led on to another and Jillian walked in on us. She tried to fight for our marriage but I think she decided to stop fighting and to just end all things since I'm basically living with Ellen now.", I responded.

"Oh man, I'm so sorry, for you and Jillian but I'm glad to hear that you and Ellen are able to connect through the difficult times.", T.R. said.

"Yeah... but that's not all.", I said. "Ellen's pregnant, with my child. And I think Ellen and I's relationship is stable enough to move onto the next thing. So, here is the real reason why I invited you all out for dinner.".

They all turned their heads and focused on what I was about to say. "So a few weeks ago, I tried on some suits for a Merder proposal. However, I was thinking, and I need all of you to pitch in. So Ellen and I are going to be rehearsing the scene in our backyard, however, I'm going to lay out rose petals in a heart shape. What I need all of you guys to do is make sure when she gets home from set that day is that she goes straight to the backyard. Then one of you guys is going to play the Merder theme song from the speakers. Then, I'm going to ask her to marry her.".

"That's perfect, Patrick. She's going to love it.", T.R. proceeded to say. 

"Thanks, guys. Within the next few weeks is when my divorce hearing with Jillian will take place then after that, in a few weeks, we guys will have a rehearsal while Ellen is at set then she'll come home later that day, and then it's showtime.", I said.

"Awh, I'm so excited for you two.", Justin said.

I chuckled and before I knew it our food had arrived. Before the waiter walked away I asked if I could place Ellen's order to go. She wrote down the order then took it back into the kitchen. 

We all started to eat and Eric asked, "So, when are we going ring shopping?".