Chapter 13

Ellen's POV:

While on the way to my house with Patrick, I just kept on thinking how grateful I was for him. I know he is just looking out for me but seriously, I couldn't ask for anyone better.

After the 15 minute drive, we pulled into my driveway, or should I say old driveway. Patrick turned off his car, we both unbuckled our seatbelts, opened our doors, and closed them. I took one big sigh before walking to the garage. I knew that this may be the last time for me to walk into this house. I typed in the code to get into the garage, 0113, and the garage opened. I lifted the matt that had the key to get into the house, I grabbed the key then I shoved the key into the door nob and I unlocked the door. I opened the door and I set the key on the kitchen table. 

I walked to the last place that I was at, the living room couch and I saw my phone there. I picked up my phone and saw so many missed notifications.

*10 missed calls from Shonda Rhimes*

*13 missed text messages from T.R. Knight*

*5 new voicemails from Sandra Oh*

'Wow', I thought to myself.

I put my phone in my back pocket and I went upstairs and saw that the bed was perfectly made. 

"Chris would never make the bed", I said out loud.

I asked Patrick if he could go grab the suitcases. He went into the storage closet that was in the hallway outside the bedroom and grabbed all of my suitcases. He walked back into my room, opened up all the suitcases, and helped me grabbed all of my clothes to put them in the suitcases. 

After we were done clearing out the bedroom I went into the bathrooms, the closets, and any other room that had any of my stuff. We cleared out the entire house and the only thing that was left was Chris's junk. I took one big sign and we left my house, for good.

"When we leave set, we have to come back and grab my car.", I said.

"Okay.", Patrick replied to me. 

We walked back to Patrick's car and we piled all the suitcases into the back of his car. I went back to return the key to its spot and I closed the garage. We pulled out of my driveway, for what I hope to be the final time, and I never looked back. 'I'm so glad to be out of that house', I thought to myself. 

After driving for a few minutes, I started to cry uncontrollably and Patrick pulled over to help calm me down. 

He put the hazards on and he put the car in park, "Hey, look at me, what is wrong?", he said to me with his piercing blue eyes. Those eyes just stared into my soul. I blinked a few times and all I saw was his blue eyes.

"I'm just so glad to be out of that house and away from Chris. I never thought I would do it but I did", I said while wiping the tears out of my eyes.

Patrick smiled at me and said, "I was glad to help".

Out of the blue, no thinking was involved, at all, I grabbed his face, and kissed him.

The kiss wasn't short, it was long, we held it for about 7 seconds. I pulled away but the second I looked into his eyes he grabbed my face and he kissed me again. This time, it was short but I could tell he meant it.

After our little moment, he turned the hazards off, he put the car in drive and we drove to set. The whole drive there his hand was on my thigh and my hand was right on top of his.