14.8 Emotionless Knight

2/12/2021 11:09pm

"That's the story of us", Lissana commented after Nathan finishes his sentence.

So the real Lissana don't have that disorder problem to begin with. Because she had Nathan Walker to keep her company before but when Brent was about to enter to the picture, her parents get rid of him on their way. They forbid her to befriend with anyone to prevent her from falling to other. But they don't know that because of this she would suffer greatly. To add, Nathan Walker is only the son of a security guard of Strauss family so that time he had no power to hold on.

"But that was long ago, why you haven't showed up after my engagement broke?" she asked while caressing his hair.

Sadness and regret cross in Nathan's eyes. His fist tighten.

"I tried to. But when I have the power, this came. I become t-the..." he bit his lower lip hardly that if he was not a zombie, it would bleed.

Lissana's thumb went to his lower lips and stop him from hurting himself more. Even with her stoic face her eyes betray her condition, it was felt with so many emotions and one of those are love. Warmth filled his cold heart as he stared to her eyes.

"When you become the zombie king? sigh. One thing, I learn from the apocalypse is that it's not what kind of species you are but what attitude you can show even amidst of the world's tragedy. I'd rather marry a non-eating-human-zombie than a despiteful human worm"

Nathan lower his head, afraid to show his emotions not until she added. "--and do you think I will become so highly of myself when the person I've been looking for is right before my eyes? That I will let go of the man who only knew how to love me even if he is a zombie?" she held his cold hands and put it on her warm cheeks. "I'd rather have my bad times with you other than someone else. Remember that Tantan",

His eyes widened in surprise that she knows him. He open his mouth to say something when something dangerous went to them. To dodge the attack he pushed Lissana but because he underestimate his ability as the zombie king he inserted too much force and Lissana's body crashed against the wall rendering her unconscious.

"Lissana!" he and the attacker both shouted at the same time. They both paused and glared at each other.

"Who are you?" he growled at the man.

"I'm Brent Sui, her fiancé and who are you?" Brent asked him as he prepared himself in a brewing battle. Nathan clenched his fist, he was worried with his wife but he must be cautious with this man. This man gives him off a dangerous vibes.

"I don't remember my wife having an ugly fiancé like you", he spat out. Walking cautiously to the side of his wife, if his wife would be in danger because of this man, he would gladly shave this man's head off.