Marriage

The next morning you are getting a breakfast in the slightly cooler morning air outside on your terrace. Jin is on the terrace having breakfast with you. "We need to turn in to work today." You just took a big bite from the most perfectly toasted toast with butter and nod. "So eat up." After breakfast you both move downstairs, and you keep looking out for his family. "They aren't here." Jin says, knowing why you were staring around so much. "They are almost never here..." He silently mumbles while opening the front door. He beeps a car and you get in. It's a comfortable 4x4. He drives in silence while the gate automatically opens. He opens his window and leans with his elbow out while driving with one hand, his other hand is on his mouth, he seems to be deep in thoughts. You put on the radio and sing along with some of the songs. He seems to melt a bit and laughs with you. When you arrive at the office, the warmth of the day is already as a thick blanket falling on you. You hurry in the office. Jin locks the car and goes in too.

"OOOOHHH I saw you guys coming together..." Jimin teases. You look around and notice that Suga, V and JK aren't there. Namjoon is on his desk as usual while the others are in the couch. "The airco is out in my apartment, as I said in the chat. Jin was just the first to reply. Sorry!" You excuse yourself but they nod. "So lucky... Staying with Jin hyung must be so cool. Looking at his car, he must live in a castle." "Not really, but close." Everyone laughs, except Jin. He is seen mumbling to Namjoon and both of them seem to be in a league of their own. Jimin is poking your side and Hoseok is flashing his brightest smile. After about 10 minutes, Namjoon coughs. Everyone focuses his attention on the desk. "We have another assessment. Jin's old colleague has asked him for help. Weird things are happening to just married couples and young families. The whole parish is in danger. The priest has tried to figure out what is wrong, but can't seem to find a reason. He asked Jin's help. And Jin asked us. I know we are working with only half the team, because the others have their yearly leave, but I am sure we can handle it." He looks at all everyone present. Some have doubt on their faces. He coughs again. "I am very sure it will all work out." He tries to settle those who have doubts. Everyone nods. "Okay. We are in." You say, confidently. Jin makes eye contact with you and smiles. Your heart just fluttered against your will.

You all get in the van and drive to the church. The pries waits for you outside. "I don't know exactly why, but recently we got many couples complaining after their marriage of ghostly activities in their houses. And they don't have money to move. So they are quite troubled." "Will we need to visit all of them?" Jimin sighs. Namjoon is thinking. "I think we should look at the problem from the root. Tell me more about the couples. Is there a link between them?" The priest shakes his head. "They are all different ages, races, families,... there is nothing that links them." Hoseok looks at the church. "You're wrong. They all get married in this church." Namjoon glances at Hoseok, who seems to just be speaking without thinking but hitting the bullseye. "He has a point. They all got married at this church." Jimin looks around the graveyard. "Everyone here is at rest." He mumbles to himself. You heard it and put your hand on his shoulder. "As they supposed to be." Jimin smiles gratefully, because when ghosts are at rest, he has less trouble. You both return back to the group where Namjoon is already handing out orders. "Ami. We need to ask a favor of you. We will need to have you as bait." "Again?" You moan. "Yes, I'm sorry but you are perfect for the job." "Why can't you ask Jimin? He would look amazing in a wedding dress." Jimin hits you hard on your arm and you rub it quickly to avoid it bruising. You smile painfully. "We will have a fake marriage ceremony and see what the problem is. You are living with Jin already for now, so it will be perfect." Namjoon says confidently and you feel as if the earth stopped turning and is spinning out of control at the same time.

Jin smiles and shyly scratches behind his head. The priest looks at the both of you and nods. "Perfect. I am so happy you will take this on. It was really bothering me." Jin bows at the priest and the others do so too. Namjoon discusses some more details with the priest and Jin walks to you. "Don't worry, it's just pretend." Somehow those words hurt, in a weird way. "I'll be your best man!" Jimin puts his hand on your shoulder. "And I'll be yours." Hoseok says while smacking Jin on his back, so hard, he loses balance and falls forward. He manages to find his balance on time before falling and stares sternly at Hoseok.