Temple

JK, Jin and Hoseok make their way to the temple. Hoseok looks around the temple a bit more closely and notices the almost state of decay it is in. Then he checks the sanctuary of the temple. He notices there is a piece of wood in it. It looks like a shape of buddha. He hisses through his teeth. "Shit." He holds the statue and the others come and check it out. "It's a piece of wood." Jin remarks. JK nods. "Not just any piece of wood. What does the shape remind you off?" Jin and JK remain quiet. Hoseok opens his phone and shows a picture of buddha. "OOOHhhh" They only now seem to notice it. "So what does it mean? Why are you cursing?" "This is a fallen idol. This was probably found by someone who found it to be a religious symbol. They build this whole temple around it and worshipped it, hence giving it life. It made this piece of wood a divine being living in it. That divine being is neither good or bad. It's more neutral. Of course, if you please it, it will be good to you. If you don't... It will hurt you. That's the danger of it." "Soooooo....." JK tries to get to the conclusion. "So, this means this is the reason for the whisking away of people, driving them to kill others and themselves. It wants to be worshipped again. It wants to live again. It punishes anyone who comes near that ignores it." Jin takes a step back. "This goes against all of my religion. This is exactly why the bible says: above all, worship only one God." He shakes his head in fear of the idol. JK is just staring at it. "So how do we defeat a piece of wood?" Hoseok throws it slightly up in his hand, trying to estimate it's weight. "That's a good question..." The three of them are quiet for a long time.

"Maybe we can just throw it away?" JK suggest. "Then it will wreak havoc wherever it lands." Hobi answers. "How about we burry it in charms and seals?" Hoseok shakes his head again. "That will not get rid of the divine entity." "I'm really clueless. Seriously." Jin says. "How about just worship it once, it should be able to go on for a while then, no? Or tell people to worship it again?" Hoseok shakes his head. "That's only short term solution. Soon, people will forget about it in the next generation again and it will all start over again. No, we need to get rid of it. The only thing we have left is to destroy it's house." "Then let's just do that. Okay? Wood is weak for fire, let's burn it. That's the safest way." They go outside and make a small fire with some other wood pieces. When the fire is going well, they throw the idol in it. They see the flames licking it but after all the other woods were burned, the idol remains unscathed. Jin scratches his head. "The fire didn't consume it." Hoseok nods. "It's alive. It won't react like normal wood would." Jin giggles at this word play. JK looks with a punishing gaze at Jin. Hobi walks to the bags he was carrying and sighs. He rummages in it and puts on his robe. He then proceeds to graps a kind of golden stake. Jin and JK look at the strange item. He has never used it before. "So what now? You are just going to stab it?" JK says with a sneer, but Hoseok just seriously nods. "Yes." JK his smile is melting away. "Are you serious?" Hoseok nods. "The only way to kill something like this is with a divine stake. It is almost like the silver stake for vampires." And he looks at Jin who seems to nod and understand. 

Hoseok places the idol on a flat stone and starts his chanting to place a magic holiness onto the stake. When he raises it high above his head, a thunder bolt is heard out of no where. Jin and Jk can feel the tension in the air as the idol and Hoseok are facing each other. They feel slightly scared. when the stake lands down with a huge force, piercing the piece of wood, Hoseok is flung away from it. He lands with his back to a tree and fainted by the hit. Jin and JK are looking at the idol, who seems to send them disturbing vibes. The stake is still lodged inside it. "WHAT NOW?" Jin shouts at JK because there seems to be a hollow throbbing in their ears. JK tries to stand up and closes his eyes. He forms a certain shape with his hands and suddenly exudes energy to defer the energy coming from the idol. He shouts and opens his eyes suddenly while a surge comes from out of his hands towards the idol. The surge makes the idol splinter more. "JIN NOW! PUSH IT DEEPER!" Following JK's surge Jin runs to the almost fully shattered idol and presses the stake deeper. The idol splinters into little pieces that are flying everywhere. Jin's face and hands are getting scratches from the sharp splinters and then it all stops. the heavy throbbing, the pulsating, the surges. JK sinks to his knees and is still groaning. Jin sinks to his knees too. He then turns around to JK but sees JK is still struggling. Hoseok is still K.O. against the tree. "JK? You good?" JK shakes his head and is in pain. Jin has no idea what is going on. 

Just in time, RM comes running. "JK! Did he use his full powers?" Jin nods. "This is bad, very bad..." RM is trying to hold JK. He closes his eyes and is seemingly focusing something. JK is panting and crying. Jimin and Suga are running to Hoseok. You look at how RM and JK are in some sort of transaction of energy. V is looking around at the temple. JK seems to calm down again and faints in RM's arms. RM coughs and when he opens his hand you notice a red spot. He just coughed up blood. "What was that about? What happened here?" You ask. Jin swallows and looks at you. "AMI! You are back!" "Yeah, it went well. How about here? We heard the thunder bolt and felt the surge. You guys okay? RM?" They all look at RM who seems to look at all of you, still holding the blood in his hand. "W-we should head back to base." They all nod and grab their things. Jin is carrying JK, V is carrying Hoseok. RM is being supported by you. 

The unconscious people are being laid down. You gather and start talking about each their missions. "So V single handedly took care of Ami's cleansing. And we got healed too! It was a wholesome, life changing experience!" Suga can't seem to keep his enthusiasm under control, and is talking excitedly. V is just shyly waving it away. "So what happened to JK? Why was he after the whole ordeal still so weird?" RM sighs. "I am his limiter. When he goes all out, he can't control his own strength. Resulting in possible overdrive and his heart could stop. He can literally destroy himself. He has telekinesis. He has too much energy running through him. He occasionally released it and channels it with my help. But now I had to take a lot of the rampant energy in me. It took it's toll on me too. But better to diffuse the total damage by 2 than him taking it all on his own." You nod and the others are looking at the peacefully sleeping JK. "Wow. This trip has been an eye opener for getting to know each other better. Now we've seen the amount of power V can muster and is capable of. We saw finally why JK was hanging around you that much. It was a hell of a case if you ask me. I am glad we took it." Jimin says. Jin smiles and looks at RM. For the rest of the day, everyone returns to sleep. So after freshening up, they all roll out their sleeping mats on the floor. You lay between Jin and Jimin. Jimin is already softly snoring. You roll to Jin's side and roll onto his futon. The room is small so there isn't much space for everyone to sleep. He notices and lifts his futon up a bit for you. You happily return in his arms.

"Jin." You whisper. "Hmmm?" "Who are you?" Jin's eyes open wide at this question. "I'm Jin. Silly." "not what I meant. I mean, somehow you have a big influence on RM...Even tho he is the CEO." Jin smiles and boops your nose. "Don't break your little head over that. We have an understanding, that's all. I'm also the eldest, so I do have a bit of authority over him. Altho it is very slightly." He smiles his handsome smile and you melt. You are happy to smell his smell again, being this close to his chest. "Are you really a priest?" He scoffs softly. "Why? If I wasn't, would you want to date me?" You stiffen up and he places a kiss on your forehead. "Go to sleep, and don't think that much." After that he sighs contently and nozzles into your hair. His breathing slows down and you notice he is sleeping already, tired from the almost 48 hours of being awake. You look at his lush lips. You try to resist the temptation. But since he is softly snoring you can't help yourself and softly place a peck on them. "night." You whisper and turn around to let him spoon you. He pulls you closer and you can't see the slight smile on his lush lips.

You all sleep through until early morning the next day. To catch up. Hoseok and JK are awake too. They both feel like crap. "Hey V, think you can perform your healing ritual on us too?" V shakes his head. "I should not overuse the gods. It is all on their own whim, so after yesterday they probably are tired or will not be bothered by me calling them out." You and Suga nod, and at the same time you are sad because you kinda wanted to see it too, and Suga wanted to see it again. Hoseok takes off his shirt and reveals his gorgeous, muscled body. Jimin takes some bruises cream and rubs it on his back. You take a look and it looks painful and horrible. Completely black and blue, bruised all over from where he hit the tree. You gasp and hold your hands in front of your mouth. Jin places his hand on your shoulder and taps it comfortingly. "He'll be fine. This is a risk of the job. You know that as well, this is why we have insurance and that waiver in the beginning when you start." You suddenly begin to laugh loudly, drawing everyone's attention. They look not understanding at you, as if you are a freak. "What's so funny?" Jin asks, sincerely not knowing what he said was funny. After you catch your breath, you start. "What did you tell the insurance company that your main activities were? How did you even get an insurance? Imagine going to the insurance for the money saying a ghost has violated you, or you were thrown to a tree by an idol/god. Imagine now the face of the insurance agent when you tell him." And you start to laugh again when you imagined it. Jin starts to laugh too, followed by V and Jimin. Eventually everyone is laughing, even the wounded ones.

Jin looks amused at you. He holds his hand in front of his lips and mouth while smiling wide.