Billie Joe Armstrong x male!reader

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, sure I can do that." I agreed.

Then the three of us were ushered out of the studio so (Y/n) could finish up his work.

The next day I walked in to find a letter tucked into the strings of my guitar. I grabbed it before the others could.

"Dear Billie Joe,

Have you figured it out yet? Probably not, but I think you are getting close. Let me give you a hint to help you along. Hmm... what should it be? Let's start with an easy one, my favorite color is (Your fav color).

Good luck Billie Joe,

Your secret admirer."

I looked at the letter, then stuffed it into my pocket before Tré could take it again.

"What did it say this time?" Mike asked.

"They gave me a hint, their favorite color." I said.

"Weird, anyway, you heard (Y/n), we have to get to it." Tré said, for once being responsible. Probably because (Y/n) scared him just a bit. I mean, once you see a guy knock out a dude twice his size with one punch, you start to fear him a bit. That is a story for another time though.

Thankfully at the end of the secession we were right on time. We finished F.O.D., as well as Emenius Sleepus. Our manager quickly explained what we were doing tomorrow before he ushered us out again.

'Come to think of it I have no idea what (Y/n)'s favorite color is. To be fair, I don't really know what Mike's favorite is, not Tré's so, who's to say.'

On our second to last day of recording I found the letter on my amp. Today's hint was that their favorite food was (your fav food). Again, another somewhat obscure hint, and I suppose I had to wait for tomorrow's letter to see if the hint is better.

Today, once we were ushered out yet again, Mike realized he had forgotten his notebook and he ran back to get it.

(Y/n's POV)

I had finally pushed the boys out the door and sat down to write, the final letter.

Suddenly the door to my right opened and I didn't have time to hide the letter before Mike walked in and stopped. He stared at the paper on my desk, then at me, then back at the paper.

"So it is you!" He nearly shouted.

"Shut up Mike! Billie Joe will hear you!"

"Ah, how could we be so blind! You know which mic is his favorite, you're the only one, aside from us, with access to the studio. You always stay late, and you're the only one who calls him Billie Joe. How could we all be so blind." He said rolling his eyes in exasperation.

"Mike, listen to me Mike, Please don't tell him!" I pleaded with the bassist.

"Fine, I won't, but you better be careful, I could have been Tré, that wouldn't have gone well." He said as he walked into the studio. When he came back out he patted me on the back, gave me a wink, then left.

I couldn't write for a few minutes because the fear was still coursing through me and I couldn't stop shaking.

The next day at their final secession I hand-delivered the letter, more or less. "Billie Joe! Come here!" I called into the studio. He walked over to the dorr and I handed him the letter.

"This was left on my soundboard for you. Keep your little love letter off of my shit okay?" I said trying to throw him off the scent a bit. I was not gonna make this easy for him.

"Oooo, what does little lover boy's note say today?" Tré taunted from behind his drums.

"Ah fuck off Tré." Billie Joe said he opened the note.

The note today was simple. I actually used the interaction with Mike to my advantage. Basically it said, "someone near you knows the answer you are looking for."

Billie Joe raised his head and looked around from Mike to Tré, to me. He furrowed his brow and stuffed the letter in his pocket and prepared himself for the secession.

(Billie Joe's POV)

Today's letter was unusually cryptic. I have no idea who it was referencing, so I decided to worry about it after the recording secession.

"Hey, Mike?" I asked quietly once we were packing out instruments away.

"What is it, Billie?" He responded not looking up.

"The letter today said that someone nearby knew who my secret admirer was, and I figure it was you."

"Why is that?"

"Well if Tré knew, he would have already spilled his guts by now."

"You have a point there."

"So? Do you know?"

"Yeah, I do."

"And?"

"Well, I suppose he is okay with me telling you. It's (Y/n)." He said motioning with his head toward the sound booth.

"Really?" I asked, a bit surprised.

"Yep."

"Thanks, Mike," I said as I walked over to the booth. I opened the door and (Y/n) Turned to look at me.

"Yes, Billie? Something I can help you with?" He asked leaning back in his chair.

"Um, yeah, I think so. What kind of clothes should I wear to the restaurant?" I asked a bit shakier than I intended.

A broad smile spread across his face.

"You asked Mike didn't you?" He asked.

"How did Mike know?" I asked.

He explained what happened yesterday quickly.

"And as for what you should wear, whatever you think would be appropriate." He said with a wink before he turned back to look at the soundboard.

"I'll pick you up at 9:00 so you better be ready by then."

"Okay, I will be," I said as I walked out of the sound booth. Mike could tell by my smile what happened, but Tré was greatly confused and we had to explain it to him.

He was irritated that he wasn't included, but I didn't care, I was on a happiness high.

__________________________

A/n: #2! I hope ya'll liked this one.