Chapter Sixty Six: The Second Task

Start from the beginning

Thursday soon arrived. The second task was tomorrow. Lessons had been cancelled on this day to allow all champions to prepare properly, which heightened Daisy's nerves. Just before dinner, Draco and Daisy sat in the corner of the library reading a book about gillyweed together. Daisy wanted to make sure it would not fail her. Her father had given her more than enough to last the hour, but she didn't want it to go wrong.

Just before they were to depart for food, Daisy saw her father enter the library, walking over to the pair. He greeted them before speaking not to her, but to Draco. "Mr Malfoy, Professor Dumbledore would like to speak to you immediately. Please follow me." He looked confused, getting up from the chair he was sat on. He didn't ask questions.

"I'll see you later, Dais." He waved goodbye, giving her a smile. She smiled back, getting up and heading for dinner. She wondered why Dumbledore wanted to see Draco. Daisy was worried when he didn't show for dinner, or return to the common room that evening.

"Have any of you seen Draco?" Daisy asked Pansy and Blaise as they sat on the sofa opposite each other, playing a game of wizards chess.

"I haven't seen him since he was with you earlier." Daisy worried. He never disappeared like this. She left the common room, departing for the library. Maybe he was in here.

She saw Harry, sitting alone and looking at a book she recognised. "Have you seen Draco?" She asked, worried. He shook his head.

"I've not seen Hermione or Ron for a while either." He sighed. She sat down next to her brother, looking over at the page he was reading.

"You're going to be using gillyweed too?" He nodded.

"Yeah, Neville said about it so I thought that was best." He chuckled. She was happy they were using the same plant for the task. "How have you been?" She thought deeply. She didn't want to tell him just yet about his worst enemy and her being together.

"Honestly, I've been better. I know it's just the contest, but I sense bad things happening, dark things." He nodded.

"Me too. My scar has been paining me for a while." He said, closing the book.

"Mine too, Harry. I'm worried." She sighed. She was worried about so much.

"I know we haven't spoken in a while. I wanted to apologise for how I was to you at the Yule Ball. I know Draco means a lot to you. I should have respected that and left it there. You're different around him, you're happy. That's all that matters." She couldn't believe he was actually apologising to her about that, before he even knew her news.

"Thank you, Harry. I appreciate that. He's not that bad, really. I know you two don't get on." She shrugged. "Siblings tell each other everything, right?"

"Don't tell me you two are together or something." He raised an eyebrow, looking over his glasses as she blushed, diverting her eyes. "You are, aren't you?" She nodded.

"It's a fairly new thing, Harry. We've not been together that long, but I'm happy. He's happy." He sighed. Part of him was happy, the other part didn't want to imagine Draco Malfoy all over his sister.

"He better not hurt you. I don't think I'll be able to cope seeing my sister be hurt by a boy." She chuckled.

"Don't you worry, he won't. I think he's more scared that you've threatened to hex him if he does than anything else." He remembered back to the conversation, laughing.