Waiting Game

Anna found herself busy in her studio the week between Christmas and New Year's. Her father needed his drawings for his children's book and Tasha wanted some paintings for her boutique. Ethan had been closed off a few days after the night of his confession, but he eventually returned to being his playful and happy self. Anna knew she wasn't able to give him his third Christmas gift, but that was going to change tonight.

They were going to Lars' annual New Year's Eve bash and she had the afterparty for just her and Ethan planned to a tee. Tasha and Anna were getting dressed in her townhouse and meeting the guys at Lars' place. Anna looked herself over and smiled. Her backless lace gold bodycon dress hugged her curves perfectly. Her matching strappy heels added to the outfit, while her hair shined in an intricate updo. "You look banging bitch!"

"Thank you, my love. My best friend did it." Tasha laughed at her before fixing her silver crop top. The black leather skirt she wore accentuated her hips and ass. Anna knew what Tasha was doing wearing that outfit. Lars was going to throw her over his shoulder like the caveman he was once he looked at her.

"Ready?" Anna nodded as they made their way to Tasha's coupe. They were at Lars' in no time and Anna couldn't help but gape. "Close your mouth before a fly gets in." Tasha giggled parking her car in the empty driveway. There were cars littered for blocks and they knew it was all for the party. Anna admired the contemporary home that looked huge on the outside, so she could imagine what the inside looked like.

By the time they got close to the stairs they could hear the music thumping. They opened the door and were met with the smell of alcohol and sweat. People were dancing and laughing and the overall atmosphere was a fun and flirty one. Anna and Tasha made their way to the bar and ordered drinks from the hired bartender before finding their way deeper into the party to find their men.

Anna caught them over by the fireplace in one of the many living spaces and tapped Tasha. She pointed them out and watched as Tasha's smile widened at the sight of Lars. Anna knew her friend was smitten, but she wouldn't admit it and she knew better than to push. They made their way over and it was as if all the air had been removed from the room. The way Lars and Ethan looked at them was primal. Anna smiled cheekily. She needed him to keep this same energy tonight.

"Hi guys," Anna smiled innocently. Ethan grabbed her and pulled her close before capturing her lips. Lars followed suite leaving their women breathless and smiling. "You look amazing," Lars complimented Tasha who winked at him. "You don't look so bad yourself. I like your blazer." He smiled showing it off. "It's a Tasha Moore original. You couldn't get it even if you tried." She laughed at him before pecking his lips. "This house is wonderful, Lars. I'm obsessed!" Anna gushed looking around the interior. "Thanks. I designed it myself." Anna was shocked to hear that Lars went to school for architecture, but when his father got sick, he decided to take over the family business and put his sketching days behind him.

They all talked amongst themselves before Lars and Ethan started introducing them to some acquaintances. It got awkward because Lars didn't know what to introduce Tasha as. He knew he couldn't say girlfriend because she was still a flight risk, but they were definitely more than friends in his opinion. "I want to dance." Tasha spoke up downing her drinking and pulling Anna over to the makeshift dance floor.

Anna chugged her drink before setting it down and following her best friend. They danced like no one was watching, but everyone was watching. They swayed and rolled their hips to the beat oblivious to the men that watched lustfully and the women that stared enviously.

Ethan wanted to punch every guy in the face. He didn't appreciate them eyeing his girlfriend like that. He could tell it was angering him, but he knew Lars was livid. He was a very dominant man and Tasha was his in his mind. Ethan and Lars went to pull their women away from the dancefloor. "Hey, we weren't done." Tasha pouted. "Yeah you were. It's almost midnight anyway. You don't want to miss the countdown."

Tasha looked at her phone and saw that it was barely 11:30 pm. She knew Lars was channeling his inner caveman and didn't push it. They talked and laughed about the year and what they hoped the new year would bring. "Well, thanks to E-Man I'm drowning in new business so I'm thankful for that and the gigs I already have lined up for next year." Tasha winked at him causing him to nod and smile.

"I'm going to be more serious about looking for animator jobs. I love it at Crane Industries, but I just feel like I'm giving up on my dream without really trying." They all nodded in understanding. Ethan kissed her temple. "I hope to get something I really want, but know I have to be patient. It's worth the wait though." Tasha rolled her eyes at Lars' inability to be subtle. "Good luck with that, playboy."

He kissed her neck causing her to giggle. "What about you, babe? What are your hopes for the new year?" Ethan shrugged and looked into his glass. "I have everything I need." He smiled at her before pecking her lips. Anna saw the sadness in his eyes, but didn't want to risk bringing the mood down. They laughed and talked for a while before they heard shouts and turned up the volume on the television that showcased Times Square.

"I'm happy I get to ring in a new year with you, babe." Anna smiled up at him. He caressed her cheek fondly. "Same here, pretty girl." They all began counting down cheering along the way. As the ball dropped and cheers of Happy New Year filled the air, Ethan cupped Anna's face and placed the most blissful kiss she had ever experienced. This kiss was unlike any other.

It held hope and passion and happiness. They pulled apart trying to catch their breaths while smiling. Anna looked over to Tasha who was being tongued down by Lars. She shook her head and looked back at her boyfriend. "Let's get out of here." Ethan didn't miss the glint of mischief in her eyes. They said their goodbyes and sped off in Ethan's car to her townhouse.