Perfect

It was 2 o'clock and Anna had finally finished up the painting. It looked beautiful and honestly better than the picture due to the rich colors. She knew this gift was mainly for Ethan's parents, so she needed to find something for Eliza, Jo and definitely Ethan. "What can I get millionaires?" Anna asked Tasha who admired the painting. "Girl, you better tell them you broke and keep it moving."

Anna sighed heavily and shook her head at her best friend. "I was thinking about planning a date day for Eliza and Jo. You know get a bunch of date ideas from Groupon without them knowing it's Groupon." Tasha seemed to think on it and nod. "That's not a bad idea. You can start with brunch and then a spa day complete with manicure and pedicure. Then do a dinner and dancing or movie at one of those bourgeois theaters." Anna clapped happily as she typed the ideas in her phone.

"What are you getting your man?" She wiggled her eyebrows causing Anna to scoff. "I have no idea." Tasha sucked her teeth. "Bitch, you better get some lingerie and quit playing. I know you two aren't having sex cause you're still walking normally, so give up the goods." Anna wiped her face with her hand. "Tasha it's not that simple." She looked at her best friend crazily. "Face down ass up. What's so hard about that?"

Anna moved to sit down. "Ethan has been with models. Size 2 bitches with boobs that are either fake and perky or small and perky, but regardless perky. I have stretch marks and thick thighs and I just don't know if I measure up." Tasha grabbed her hand and sighed. "Anna, I thought we were working on this low self-esteem crap. You're beautiful and Ethan knows that. You told me you two showered together if you think he didn't see all this goodness and want it your crazy. Give him the goods. It's free and the most enjoyable thing you'll do."

"Is that what you're getting Lars?" Tasha smiled widely and blushed. "I'm actually making him a blazer. He makes these comments about wishing he could rock a Tasha Moore original, so I'm granting his wish. "You two are so cute." Tasha shrugged. "It's fun for now." Anna grabbed her friend's hand. "Tasha, I thought we were working on this self-sabotage crap." Tasha rolled her eyes but listened. "Lars is a good dude and he really likes you. Don't get in your own way." Tasha heard her friend and nodded. "I'll do my best." Tasha said her goodbyes to Anna and Garth before heading over to her studio to finish up Lars' gift.

Anna began purchasing gifts for Eliza, Jo and Ethan. The date day she had planned was fun filled and she was sort of jealous it wasn't one for her and Ethan. She found lingerie from the Fenty line that she felt would be perfect for her. She also bought Ethan a Go Ruck backpack since his bug out bag was frayed and falling apart, as well as, a hoverboard. He talked about that being his favorite part of Back to the Future and though it wasn't the same, she felt he'd like the gift. She got her family the same gifts every year and they loved it. They were simple like that.

The weeks went by and Ethan and Anna seemed to get closer and closer day by day. Ethan never addressed the night she found him crying and she still wanted to know. She felt Jo had an idea of what was going on from their talk at the Crane Christmas ball, but she knew it wasn't her place to tell her. She had to hear it from Ethan and prayed he'd let her in eventually.

He was headed over to her townhouse to pick her up before heading to her parents'. She had already wrapped everyone's gifts and had them ready in bags by the door. When she heard the doorbell ring, she ran downstairs happy to see her man. When she opened the door, she jumped into his arms making him laugh. "Miss me that much?" Anna nodded before kissing his lips.

"You ready, pretty girl?" She grabbed her bag of presents and made her way to the car. They talked about what to expect tonight and tomorrow, while Anna tried guessing what Ethan bought everyone. They were quickly embraced and pulled in from the cold once they got to the Anderson home. Anna could smell all of her favorite holiday foods from the foyer and smiled.

"We're eating first, right?" Anna asked seriously. "Yes, fatty." Aiden joked giving her a hug. Anna hugged her sister and brother in law before making her way further into the house. "It's really nice to see you all again." Ethan announced. "Baby girl," Andrew smiled. "Hi Daddy." Anna squeezed her Dad before he shook Ethan's hand.

"You look amazing, sis." Arielle smiled as she eyed her sister's red sweater dress and black thigh high boots. "Thank you. You look pretty great yourself. I like this green on you." Arielle waved her off with a smile. "I have a feeling your glowing skin has more to do with that man over there than any skin care regiment." Anna rolled her eyes at her sister's not so subtle way of asking for details of her sex life.

"I don't kiss and tell, Arielle. You know this." She pouted. "You're so boring." Anna stuck her tongue out at her older sister and laughed. Her mother came over and soon they got into a conversation about their family back home. Anna peaked over to see how Ethan was doing, but he seemed right at home with the other men. It was apparent that Aiden and Noah were enamored by him, while her Dad seemed to genuinely like him.

"Dinner is ready," Adaline called out after having Andrew bring out the turkey. "This looks amazing, Mom." Anna smiled as her mouth watered. She sat next to Aiden and Ethan. "Thank you, baby." They said grace and for the first time Ethan joined in. He couldn't deny that he had things to be thankful for. It wasn't much, but it was something.

They dug in and talked about everything from the weather to sports to the latest scandals on Real Housewives. Ethan loved how lively the Anderson family was. They reminded him a lot of his family, which is why he guessed they got along with him. After dinner was done and dishes and leftovers were put up, they migrated to the living room and sat down ready to open presents.