Jaehyun - What Is Love?

Genre: Highschool AU, Fluff, Cliche
Description: Yuta wanted to know what love was.

Yuta was sitting at his desk, just staring into space, not paying attention to his surroundings.

He was quite startled when his boyfriend, Jaehyun grabbed his shoulders and whispered 'boo' in his ear.

The elder looked up and smiled at his boyfriend, Jaehyun took this to his advantage and left a small peck on the others lips.

The two had been dating for about three months now, but they never once said the eight letters and three words.

Yuta never dared to say it, why? He didn't know what love was and he didn't want to play with Jaehyun by telling him he loved him when he didn't.

Of course, Yuta found the younger extremely attractive and he knew there was something there but he couldn't be too sure if it was love.

He tried to stop thinking about it but he just couldn't, Jaehyun noticed the way that his boyfriend was distracted in his train of thoughts.

"Baby? Are you okay?" Jaehyun asked, the other didn't hear, too spaced out, Jaehyun waved his hand in front of Yuta's face too gain his attention and thankfully it did.

"Huh?" Yuta asked and put his attention on the Korean male next to him, "I asked if you were okay?" Jaehyun spoke, looking at his boyfriend concerned.

He pressed the back of his hand against the Japanese's forehead to see if he had a temperature, "Hm, you don't have a temperature.." Jaehyun mumbled to himself.

Yuta moved Jaehyun's hand away from his forehead and kissed the back of it, "I'm okay, really." He said giving a soft smile.

Jaehyun looked skeptical but decided to believe his boyfriend regardless and just nodded.

The class went on but Yuta's mind was else where, 'Do I love Jaehyun?' was the main question that went around his mind.

They hadn't been dating that long but why if he never actually falls in love with the other? How would he break it to him?

He started thinking about all the usual things people always said when they were in love.

He was told you feel happy pretty much all the time with that person, Yuta did in fact feel happy all the time he was with Jaehyun.

That the person makes you feel carefree, Jaehyun did make Yuta feel carefree.

He started listing a bunch of things in his head but he still wasn't sure.

"..ta? Yuta!" Jaehyun called making Yuta jump, he looked up at his boyfriend and saw a suspicious look in his eyes.

The younger sighed and pulled his boyfriend up and took him to the rooftop, "Jaehyun? Why are you taking us up here?" Yuta asked.

Jaehyun walked the two over to a bench and he sat Yuta down.

No one really ever came up here, so it was the perfect spot for them to talk.

Jaehyun crouched down in front of Yuta and grabbed his hands and looked at the other in his eyes, "Buba, what's wrong? You've been so distracted all day." Jaehyun asked.

Yuta puffed his cheeks out and avoided eye contact with the other, "It's stupid." He muttered, Jaehyun frowned and shook his head, "If it's bothering you this much, it can't be stupid." Jaehyun said showing off his dimples when he smiled.

Yuta looked at the other and his heart fluttered at the sight of of the Korean male smiling at him.

"Jaehyun?" Yuta called out, the other hummed in response, keeping all his attention on his boyfriend.

"What is love?" He asked, the question took the Korean by surprise, "Huh?" Jaehyun asked, making sure he heard correctly.

"What is love?" The Japanese repeated, Jaehyun was silent for a moment and Yuta brought his attention back to the male crouched in front of him.

Jaehyun titled his head not really knowing how to answer, "I guess.." He started, but paused to think over his words.

"I guess it's different for all people." Jaehyun said, loooking at the other in his eyes with a shrug.

He then stood up and sat down beside the other and looked over at the distance in front of them.

"Some have good experiences, some have bad experiences" He reasoned.

"It all depends how you look at it." Jaehyun said, Yuta listening to every single word carefully.

"I suppose the most common thing is always being happy around that person, your heart flutters whenever you're with them, you always want to be with them." Jaehyun spoke, turning back to look at Yuta with a smile.

Yuta nodded slowly, he felt all the things Jaehyun listed with the other, Jaehyun made Yuta extremely happy, the other does the slightest thing and it makes his heart flutter and Yuta always wanted to be with Jaehyun.

Was he in love?

But it had only been a short amount of time?

It was almost like Jaehyun could read his mind, "Love can take longer then others, some people fall in love quite quickly and despite them falling in love so fast it could last a life time." Jaehyun spoke, bringing Yuta closer to him.

"You seem to know quite a bit about this." Yuta snickered, teasing the other.

Jaehyun also laughed slightly, "Is that what has been bothering you all day?" The younger asked, earning a nod from the elder.

"Why? Why have you been thinking about it?" Jaehyun asked, honestly curious why Yuta wanted to know what love was.

Yuta turned around and faced Jaehyun, "I think I love you, Jaehyun, I didn't know what love was.. maybe I still don't and I just.. I wanted to know what it was, I wanted to know I loved you, I didn't want to be with you for such a long time and then I don't love you? I wouldn't know how to break it to you if that was the case." Yuta admitted.

Jaehyun turned red and the confession and smiled softly at Yuta.

He brought the other closer and pressed their lips together, Yuta felt his heart race pick up, they kiss all the time but each time his heart felt like it was going to explode.

"I love you, Yuta." Jaehyun whispered, resting his forehead against Yuta's.

Yuta went really red at the confession and smiled softly, "I love you too, Jaehyun." He responded in a whisper.

Perhaps Yuta had a rough idea what love was, maybe he didn't fully understand what love was, but did anyone?

A load of people had different views and experiences with love so what is the right answer?

Yuta wasn't sure, but he did know Jaehyun made him feel happy, made him feel wanted, perhaps this was Yuta's love.

Maybe this was the love Yuta was going to experience.

He won't be disappointed if it was.

Word Count: 1139

if you follow my instagram i am not sorry for that peppa pig video of that thing being swung around a fan with zimzalabim in the background xoxo.

also i'm really hesitant about posting my next oneshot, i might not even do it, but if i do, i beg for none of you to romanticise the topic, it's not something that should be 'cute' or 'hot' it's really disturbing actually.