Prologue

Thump, Thump, Thump.

There is a loud banging sound. Followed by the sound of wheels. It is Saturday afternoon what is going on? I get up from my bed and run to my sister's room.

"Sissy!" I shout with as much force I can.

My voice is not loud. As I am still 4 years old. My sister is busy. She is running around. And she has her head in her hands. Why? She looks sad. What happened? I see my sissy is not listening to me. She does not even know I am here standing in her room. Wait why are there cases in my sissy's room? Is she going somewhere?

"Sissy!" I shout again.

This time is same as last time. She does not listen to me. She is now sitting on her bed. And crying? Why is sissy sad? I run up to my sissy and poke her hands.

"Sissy don't cry."

Sissy picks me up and put me on her lap. I snuggle into her. My favorite place to sit is on my sissy's lap. I love my mom and dad. But they are always busy. Well mom is always busy, and dad is always angry. Sissy is the only one who takes me to the park. Plays with me. She gives me dinner; she tucks me in. Because mom is always busy sissy says that mom will be late, and she loves to read me my favorite stories. She also sometimes lets me sleep with her whenever I have nightmares.

I am now happily snuggled into my sissy when I feel water on my head. I am inside so why is it raining? Then I remember sissy was crying. Why? I put my hands on sissy's face and try to make her stop crying like she does for me. But she is not stopping. She is crying more now. Oh no. I made sissy cry more. I try to run, but sissy holds me tightly to her. Okay. I love it. So, I try to hug her back and squish her with my small arms.

Suddenly I am in air. What? I turn to find Liz, my sissy Tori's friend. They are best friends. I like her too. She is sweet. She plays with me as well whenever sissy has to work. Sissy is older than me. She goes to high school. I know she is now 16 years old because last week was her birthday. But why is sissy sad today? She was so happy last night and even today morning.

I turn and realize I am in Liz's arms. I hug her neck. Because I see she is crying too. Why is everyone crying? What is going on? Then I hear something. And I lift my head from Liz's neck and see sissy is packing her cases. The big cases. Is sissy going somewhere? Can I go with her? I want to. Will she take me? I turn to look at Liz with big eyes to ask but Liz just shakes her head before I even ask her. Why is nobody telling me what is going on?

I start to cry as well. Well, my sissy is crying and so is Liz. They are going away, and I am sure they will not take me with them. I mean who will give me food? Who will play with me? Who will tuck me in? If sissy goes away, I will be all alone. Dad will be here, I think. But I do not know. I cannot remember seeing him nowadays. And if I see him, he is always angry, and he smells bad. Sissy says to stay away from him whenever he smells bad. I do not know why though. Because sissy locks me in my room, and we start to play. And I forget. Till I have to go to bed.

But I am not stupid. I know something is wrong. I have seen sissy sad, more so nowadays. She cries a lot recently. She does not know that I can hear her cry. I have come to her many nights saying I have nightmare when I knew she needed me. But she never tells me. She will hide me under the blanket if dad ever comes to her room. I hear her and dad fight and then sissy cries more, hugging me. She always thinks I am asleep. But I never am, and I hear everything they say. Although I still do not know what they say, what made dad angry and sissy sad. It makes me angry seeing her cry every day. I thought I would say something, she does not let me. And I do not see dad any other time except when he smells bad or he is in sissy's room shouting.

Right now, sissy is packing, and I try to get off Liz's arms. I need to pack too. If sissy is going somewhere, I am going too. I know she will not leave me. I know it. She loves me. She will take me with her. Liz does not know. I run to my room and take out all my clothes and put them in a box. I have a small box. It is not a big case like sissy's, but it can fit my clothes. Sissy gave it to me. Because I wanted to have a case just like sissy's. She said I do not need a big one, so I am now packing my small one. I try to hurry and pack, all my books, and my teddy. And then run to sissy's room.

But sissy is not there. I take my box. It is heavy and I try to push it down the stairs. It is very heavy. I kick it. Then I see Liz, she does not see me. She is running down the stairs. Why? Where is sissy? I run down the stairs and sissy is there, but she is putting her cases in Liz's car.

It was only in the morning that sissy made me pancakes for breakfast. And she was happy. We were smiling. Liz was here too. We all ate and then went to the park for a bit. It was so much fun. But what happened after I went for a nap? I should not have taken the nap. I told Liz and sissy I am not tired. But they made me go to sleep. And after playing in the park, I fell asleep. And now everyone is crying. Sissy is packing bags and I cannot carry my box.

"Sissy, help me. Its heavy." I tug her hand.

Sissy picks me up and bring me inside the house.

"What is heavy munchkin?"

"My box sissy. I packed everything. I am going with you."

"You cannot come munchkin."

"Why? Sissy please don't leave me."

"Munchkin listen to me. I will call you okay. Everyday. But you cannot come. If you leave too who will look after dad? Who will see if mum is okay?"

"But sissy but they are never home."

"Yes. They are. Now be good to them for me. Will you munchkin?" I nod.

My eyes are watering, and I start crying. Sissy is leaving and she is not taking me with her. Maybe she does not love me. I thought she did. But if she leaves who will play with me? Who will read me stories before bed? No. No. No. Sissy cannot leave me. I see her leave and walk out the door. I do not need my box. I do not need my teddy. I need my sissy. I run out the door. But I am stopped. A strong hand stops me. Two arms hold me still.

I am crying and shouting for sissy to not leave me. I do not even see who holds me back. I hate whoever it is. I want my sissy. I want her.

"Sissy please don't go." I shout as loud as I can.

Sissy comes back towards me. She gives me a tight hug and a kiss on my forehead. Then she gives me her locket. The one she always wears.

"Keep this for me. I will talk to you, munchkin. I just have to go away for a while. Okay. Be good. Do not show anyone that I gave you the locket. Keep it with you always. Then you will feel I am there with you always. Love you Kristina. Be good for me okay, munchkin!"

"Love you too sissy. Please don't go."

But sissy goes and sits in the car and then the car goes away. It gets smaller and smaller and then it just vanishes. Just like my sissy, Tori.

I put the locket in my pocket to hide it from mom and dad. Because I do not want them to take it away. I know my sissy will come back for me. She will not leave me. She loves me too much to leave me like this. I will keep it with me always. I finally look up to see who held me back from my sissy. I see my mom standing there. But she is not sad. No, she is just angry. I get free from her grip and run to my room.

Sissy is gone. And there is no one who would play with me, would tuck me in at night, would tell me stories anymore. I have no one. Mom is always busy and dad. I have not seen him since yesterday. So, I am guessing I will be all alone. Why did sissy leave me? If only I had gone with sissy. How would my life be now that my sissy is gone?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: If you are reading this story on any platform other than Wattpad you are very likely to be at risk of a malware attack.  This is the only original and safe version of the story.

 Thank you.