Your Parents Forbid You to See Him (1/2)

Zayn: You walked along the path and half-smiled when the thought of Zayn returned to your memory. "When are you going to break up with him?" your best friend asked. "He is going to meet me here in a few minutes," you replied, "but I need you here for moral support." Your best friend noticed Zayn walking toward the both of you, and she bobbed her head toward him. "Ah, well, looks like he is here," she dutifully noted, "good luck, champ." She jogged along the path to leave you and Zayn alone. "Hey, babe," he smiled widely. God, you were going to miss his smile. He pulled you in for a hug and trickled his fingers above the skin of your sweatpants. No matter how disgusting you felt, he never failed to make you feel beautiful. "Zayn," you uttered, "we have to talk." He eyed you cautiously and sighed heavily. "Babe," he said, "I know I cheated on you, but I already said my apologies. What more can I do for you to trust me?" You trusted him, but your parents didn't. In their eyes, Zayn was the typical "Bradford Bad Boy," and you were no longer allowed to see him. Instead, your parents introduced you to Jordan, the typical goody two-shoes son of their best friends. "My parents forbade me to see you anymore," you cried. Silence covered the both of you as tears trembled down your face. He wanted to reach out and wipe your tears, but he was afraid you would pull away. He kicked a pile of rocks as the muscle in his jaw flinched. "I told your parents," Zayn lowly growly, "to stay out of our business." His eyes darkened as thoughts piled his mind. You placed your palms against his chest as to calm him down. "Zayn," you croaked, "make this easy for both of us and leave." He obediently followed your order and marched to his car. When your best friend caught up with you, she immediately noticed the tears painted across your face. "Come on now," she lulled, "your parents made a point. He did cheat on you. You should feel relieved. Why are you crying?" You shrugged your shoulders casually as you searched for the words. "I'm in love with him," you sobbed, "despite all the bad he's done, I can't help it. I'm in love with him."

Louis: Your nose flared as your mother spoke in a belligerent tone. "Do you honestly believe your father and I are idiots?" she asked. Yes, you wanted to say, but instead, you cocked an eyebrow and scoffed in disbelief. "We knew you and Louis have been sneaking around," she explained, "but the sweater I found under your bed is merely proof." Your parents forbade you to speak to Louis as soon as their friends mentioned rumors from magazines. "Louis loves me," you argued, "and I love him." Your mother cocked an eyebrow and cackled in disbelief. "Well, listen closely, sweetheart," she snapped, "you go to Louis tonight and say your goodbyes, or else I hope you can find another home to live." What the hell, you thought. "Are you serious?" you exclaimed. "The keys are on the counter," your mother replied, "be back by eight if you can." You, unable to handle your tears alone, marched out of the room to find Louis. You needed him. He always knew how to make you feel a little better. When he answered the door, you promptly pressed your lips to his and kissed him roughly as if he would disappear in the next second. You and Louis never had sex, and you knew tonight would be the worst time to do so, but your thoughts were too clouded for you to make any logical decisions. "Babe," he growled, "do not be a tease." You led him to the bedroom and pushed him against the bed. As you stripped your first layer of clothing, he bit his lip to suppress a moan. "Are you sure?" he asked. You nodded wordlessly and for the first time, made love to him. After he rolled off of you, the both of you silently listened to the other breathe while gazing into the ceiling. "Babe," he breathed, "quit worrying about us. I promise, if your parents kick you out, I'll take care of you." You were about to reply, but he pressed his lips to yours and washed away every drip of doubt.

Liam: He reached out for a tendril of your hair, but you turned away. If he even touched you, you might have disobeyed your parents' order and kissed him. "Why have you been acting different the entire night?" Liam asked with his usual gentle voice. You gazed into the night sky and remembered your first date with Liam. You half-smiled and wondered if you would remember the feeling years from now when you were with another man. "Liam," you sighed, "I am moving to the states tomorrow morning." He leaned his arms against the wood to watch the stars from the dock. "Very funny, babe," he chuckled. You fixed your gaze onto his and lowered your eyes nervously. "Serious, Liam," you said, "my parents want to make sure I never talk to you again." For the past three months, you and Liam were not allowed to see each other, but you snuck around very often, but your parents knew, and in the mean time, they were planning the move to the states. Your parents disliked Liam because he seemed to be "hiding" something, but Liam was just a sweetheart, and your parents never believed you. "You can move in with me," Liam snapped, "or Zayn! You can move in with any of us, please!" You shook your head in disapproval as tears streamed down your face. "I...I love my parents," you sobbed, "and I am just really confused and lost, and I cannot leave my parents behind, Liam." He raked his fingers through his hair and kicked the rail of the dock. "Fuck," he grunted, "I fucking need you. Why are they taking you away from me?" You crossed your arms as a cold wind blew past you. "They said we could still be friends," you whispered. "You bloody idiot," he snapped, "you don't quite get it, do you? I can't be just friends with you! I am in love with you." You froze as you heard the last bit. Love? He never told you he loved you, but your mind still had not changed. I love you, too, you wanted to say, but all you could muster up was, "Good bye, Liam."

Harry: You tucked your books into your bag and closed your locker angrily. For three months, your father forbade you to speak to Harry and instead, date Preston, the rather belligerent son of his boss in hope for a promotion. Your father surveyed your phone and laptop weekly to make sure you were in absolutely no contact with Harry, and to your dismay, he never let you explain yourself to Harry. Without warning, Preston snaked his arms around his waist and peppered kisses along your neck. "Stop," you groaned as you shoved him off of you, "neither of our fathers are around to see anyway." He sighed and crossed his arms angrily. Stay angry, you thought, I hate you. "Quit being a bitch," he argued, "and you better learn to love me because your little boyfriend is not coming back anytime soon, and who knows how long my father will have your father wrapped around his finger. I bet little ol' Harry forgot you anyway." You placed both hands on his chest and shoved his back against a locker. "Listen, asshole," you snarled, "Harry loved me, and you walked into my life and ruined every thing. I have to wake up every damned day and wonder if he wonders about me, too. I told you I had no interest in you, but you brought our fathers into this crap, too. I hope you know you ruined the best damned relationsh-" Preston, his eyes fixed on Harry behind you, leaned into your lips and interrupted your argument with a kiss. He kisses nothing like Harry, you thought. You pulled away quickly and pierced your eyes through Preston as to ask, "What the hell do you think you are doing?" His eyes remained unmoved, and you followed his gaze only to find Harry near the end of the hallway with clenched fists and a fixed jaw. When your eyes met his, he promptly marched out of the school and met Niall outside. "Did you find her, mate?" Niall asked. "Yeah," Harry answered flatly. "Well?" Niall pressed. Harry swallowed a lump in his throat and pressed his lips together. "She's in love with someone else," his voice croaked.

Niall: Niall fiddled his fingers nervously as he listened to the argument from a nearby room. During dinner with your parents tonight, you announced you would not accept your admission to Princeton University though you worked diligently throughout high school. "You are being entirely idiotic," your father scorned, "do you know how many people would die to go to Princeton?" Niall lowered his head into his large palms in nervousness. This is my entire fault, he thought, I should have never convinced her to stay with me. Disconcerted, you crossed your arms and pointedly looked away. You loved the idea of Princeton, but you needed Niall as much as he needed you, which is why he convinced you to stay in town for college. With his eyes locked onto yours, your father crossed his arms angrily, which intimidated you immediately. "Do you honestly think Niall is going to be here forever?" he argued. You cocked an eyebrow and suddenly, anger washed over your saddened expression. "The lad is entirely irresponsible," your mother scowled, "and not to mention, an entire joke to society!" As soon as Niall heard your mother, he clenched his fists along his sides and forced himself to remain calm. "Sweetheart," your father added, "I cannot believe you are letting a boy come ahead of your education. Your mother and I have decided, unless you break up with Niall, we will no longer finance your tuition. Make a wise decision." You swallowed a lump in your throat and returned to Niall in the study. Immediately, you buried your face into his sweater and cried. He laced his fingers through your hair and rocked you gently. When he pulled away, you noticed the water in his eyes as well. "Niall," your lips trembled, "we...we should break up, and I know you probably hate me, but please understand this is for the-" You momentarily lost your words when he reached for a tendril of your hair to tuck behind your ear. "I could never hate you," his voice hardened, "don't cry. I love you-no matter what happens with us."