Ch37 || If you must pry

Sakusa's POV

~~~Timeskip to next day, dinner~~~

I find myself sitting with the ginger, silver hair, and soon the blonde too once again for dinner. Of course Bokuto said whatever the fuck he said last night so the atmosphere was awkward but I felt the urge to sit here anyways.

I see Atsumu walking over to us with a tray in hand, and then we make eye contact.

Shitshitshit.

He looks down at his tray and I do the same. I hear him sit next to me, or well, on the same side of the bench as me but we're still on opposite sides.

"So the gang's all here!" Hinata says. "Yeah!" Bokuto adds. "Woo." Atsumu lets out rather sarcastically.

And then, these idiots bring up the only thing that I didn't want them to bring up.

"So Sakusa and Atsumu, what the hell happened last night?" Hinata asks. "No clue, ask him." Atsumu deadpans. "Sa- Ku- Sa?" Bokuto asks, separating each syllable.

"Nothing happened." 

"I smell liesss~" Hinata coos.

"You must have hyposmia then." I say sarcastically.

"Huh?" Hinata asks, eyes wide and head cocked to the side.

I glance over at Bokuto and he looks lost in thought.

"Ooh ooh! I know!" He says. I hum in response and Bokuto smirks.

"You and Tsum-Tsum are togetherrr~!" 

"Don't call him that." I say. 

"Why? Because only his boyyyfrienddd can call him that?" Bokuto asks.

I snap both my chopsticks in half.

 "If you must pry, there was a little something that happened in high school but I think Miya and I would both rather not talk about it."

Our table goes silent and all three of them stare at me with shocked expressions. 

I know Bokuto was just joking around but I was getting sick of it.

Hinata and Bokuto go back to awkwardly eating and don't say anything but Atsumu just stares at his tray. I also notice his hand turning white at his chopsticks, like he's clenching his them

Then, I hear him sniffle.

Without thinking, I place my fingertips on his shoulder. "Tsu- Miya, are you okay?" I ask. He jerks his shoulder away and sniffles again. "Ahh, I think I'm gonna head in for the night, goodnight." He says, standing up with his tray.

I don't get a good glimpse of his face but I think I fucked up. Like really fucked up.

Shit, I really shouldn't have blown up like that. I had no right to...

I look back over at Hinata and Bokuto who are staring at me again. "I'm going too." I say.

I usually grab the roll that comes with my dinner and put it in my pocket to eat in my room, but this time I don't. I just quickly throw away my dinner and make a b-line to Atsumu's dorm room.

-

469 words

-

Idk if you guys see it too but I apologize for the line spacing being weird. When I was transferring the chapter from docs to wattpad it wasn't spaced at all, even though it was in the doc, it changed on here, though I did nothing different from usual. Anyways I had to separate all the paras right now on here so that may be a factor

-