Ch11 || you're beautiful

Sakusa's POV

~~~Time skip to next day, midnight~~~

Today went by just the same as it did yesterday, minus Komori's question, and dinner was different too. At dinner, Atsumu and I both reached out our pinkies for each other at the same time, almost right when we sat down. We held hands the whole time.

---

Me:

Atsumuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Atsumu<3:

Omi-Omiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Me:

Hehe

Me:

Come over >:)

Atsumu:

Yessir😌😌

---

I hear a soft knock on the door. I open it and am immediately bombarded with a hug. I instantly return the hug and kick the door closed with my foot. Atsumu and I back up to my bed, still hugging each other tightly, and we lay down. Neither of us let go. We both know it's our last night, and we both don't want it to end.

"Omi-Omi?" He asks. "Yeah?" I ask. "I thought of something ya could try tonight. Ya don't have to if you don't want to of course." He says. I can sense a hint of melancholy in his voice, after all, we didn't want the night to end since it was our last for a while. "What is it?" I ask.

"Want you to take your mask off." 

I don't react. I'm trying to think.

"Can I ask why? I mean it seems a bit less intense than last night doesn't it?" I ask. 

Part of me is hoping he'll ask for me to kiss him. I know I wouldn't since I'm not ready but it would show he wouldn't mind kissing me. It would show that I might have a chance.

"Well, part of it is because I think it would be good progress since you only have it off during practice. The other reason is because..." Atsumu starts, hesitating at the end.

"I want to see your face. I know I've seen it before but I want to see it when it's just us. I want to see more than anyone else."

These words seemed even more precious than the hope of him asking to kiss me that I wished for earlier.

"Okay."

I sit up and Atsumu's eyes follow me. I put my fingers under the straps. "Wait!" He squeaks. I hum in response. "I wanna get the light first!" He says.  

 Atsumu stands up and walks to the light switch and flicks it on. He then walks back over to me and sits opposite of me. Both of us are sitting crisscross.

I put my fingers under the straps again and pull them away from my face. Once the mask is off, I set it aside.

"Can I?" Atsumu asks quietly, looking from my eyes to my cheek. I nod. Atsumu curls his index finger's knuckle and brings it to my cheek. I feel my cheek heat up where his finger grazes my skin.

"Omi-Omi, you're beautiful." Atsumu whispers

He slowly trails it across my face until he gets to my lips. "Is it alright if I tou-" Atsumu starts. "Yes." I deadpan. He brings his thumb up to my lips and grazes my bottom lip with it. I don't physically react to the touch, but it feels unsanitary. I wanted to continue but it felt a bit overwhelming.

I pull my head back and look at my lap. "Sorry." I mutter. "Nonononono it's okay. It was my fault not yers." Atsumu says. I can feel myself start to tear up.

Why couldn't I be enough? Why do I have to fucking be like this? I just want to be worthy of him.

"O-Omi-Omi? H-hey... Hey no don't cry. Hey I'm sorry." Atsumu sputters.

I wrap my arms around Atsumu's neck and cling onto him, crying into the crook of his neck.

"I'm sorry. This is our last night and I'm ruining everything. I'm sorry." I say into his shirt, my voice cracking.

I feel Atsumu's arms wrap around my body. He rubs his hand up and down my back and whispers that it's all okay. I feel safe. It only makes me cry more though, since I know the safe feeling is going to be ripped away tomorrow.

I feel a patch of wetness on my hair, and then a drop on my shoulder. I listened closer and I could hear Atsumu crying too.

We didn't talk, we just sat there in each other's arms crying until we both fell asleep.

-

717 words

-

JDSJDJSJDJSJ IM SO SORRY FOR THE ANGST- WELL IT ISN'T AS BAD AS IT GETS BUT IT MDE ME TEAR UP WHEN A WROTE AND AND I"M TEARING UP AGAIN NOW AS I EDIT ;~;