31

Peter yawned, "I'm tired," he muttered before walking into the bathroom to brush his teeth. He then quickly changed and stared at sleeping Lyra. He sighed and walked out of the room, today was his birthday, he remembered. His 32nd birthday. He smiled and closed the door softly letting Lyra have some rest. It's been weeks since they had an actual conversation, was she mad at him? He shook his head and walked into the nursery. Ethan was still asleep, the young toddler sure wasn't a bother. 

Peter closed the door to the nursery and walked downstairs, what time was it? He rubbed his eyes tiredly and suddenly was met by Tracy who was sipping some tea. "Tracy?" he asked confused, "Why are you awake so early?" he wondered. 

Tracy shrugged, "I heard it was your birthday," she said. "Happy birthday, by the way," she added before making a cup of coffee, "Did you want sugar or cream?" she asked. Peter stared at her blankly before shaking his head quickly. 

"Cream," he answered quietly, before sitting at the table, "How did you know it was my birthday?" he asked curiously before grabbing a croissant off the plate in the middle of the table. Tracy smiled and sat beside him after giving him his mug of coffee. 

"Your mother called earlier, she told me to wish you a happy birthday on her behalf," Tracy said, "I'm also leaving today to help Noah with some stuff," she said, "So I guess I'll see you around," The blonde quickly grabbed her backpack and left the house. 

Peter nodded and drank his coffee quickly, taking little sips every now and then. He heard footsteps coming down the stairs and looked at the clock, it was only 6 AM. Who would be awake this early on a nice Saturday morning? Well, he was awake but that didn't count. "I didn't think you'd be awake so early," the voice said, Peter turned around to face Lyra. "Happy Birthday," she whispered shoving a gift she was holding from behind. 

Lyra was wearing the black dress she wore when she visited Nathan's grave, and she had dressed up, for what? She smiled and stared at Peter who slowly opened the gift, "You didn't have to-" he started as he looked at his gift. It was a small picture of him and Nathan when they were little, Nathan was throwing a baseball at him while Peter reached up to grab it. "Lyr, where did you get this?" he asked curiously, he remembered this photo, it was in his old bedroom back at the Petrelli home. There was also a copy downstairs in the Petrelli home's living room. 

"I took a picture of it when I went to your house a few years ago," she said rubbing the back of her head. She then smiled weakly, "Do you- do you like it?" she asked. Peter stared at Lyra who looked anxious yet happy at the same time. He then brought her to his lap and gave her a kiss. 

"Of course I do," he whispered. "I love it, thank you," Lyra nodded and sat in her own chair taking his coffee and having a small sip. "It's coffee," he muttered, "You won't li-" he started before seeing Lyra shake her head in disgust. 

She then laughed quietly, "I know," she muttered, "I prefer tea," she said with a grin. She stood up and prepared her tea quickly. Peter stared at the picture he got from Lyra and looked at the back, he squinted as he read the words written on the back. It wrote: I know I'm not perfect, but whenever I'm around you, I feel like I'm a star. Not a day will go by without me thinking of you, I love you. xoxo Lyra Elizabeth 

Peter smiled and put the picture back into the box, he then stared at Lyra who quietly ate her breakfast. "Thank you," he whispered, "I love you too," he added. He looked at Lyra who was for some reason looking away from him. What was wrong? "Hey, is everything alright?" he asked softly.  

Lyra nodded, "Yeah, yeah, of course," she muttered, she rubbed her eyes and yawned, before taking a sip from her tea. She sighed in relief, and then stood up, "I was thinking, we could go see Nathan today if you want," she offered. Peter smiled. Go see Nathan? It's been a while since they've visited him. He then nodded, this would be good.