23

"I know you don't want to talk to me," Lyra turned around as she put on the necklace Peter got for her, she looked at her stomach it was getting bigger and bigger, a week ago she felt a kick and she smiled.  She faced Gabriel frustratedly, she was almost 9 months in meaning their argument was 3 months ago.

Lyra stared at her brother, "I don't," she muttered, "I really don't, you know, Peter's mad, he doesn't show it but I know he is so are you happy?" she asked.

"No," Gabriel said, "But it's good to let out the truth," he whispered. "Overcome your past pains,"

Lyra rolled her eyes, "And since when did you care so much about me?" she asked.

"I always cared about you," he said, "Always,"

"Well you hurt me," she said, "I don't care if you care about me, it means nothing," Lyra said.

Gabriel glanced at Lyra, "How much would it take for you to forgive me?" he asked, "Peter forgave me so why won't you forgive me?"

Lyra stared back at her brother, "Why don't you go into my head and find out?" she invited. "You'll see why," she whispered.

"How charming," Lyra whispered as she grabbed onto Nathan's collar on his shirt. "You want to go on a date with me?" she teased. It was mid-afternoon, close to early October, Lyra just had a small break and bumped into Nathan Petrelli, the senator. She had to admit, he was quite fetched, quite good-looking.

The point is- he wanted to go on a date with Lyra, a paramedic? Lyra grinned at the thought, it wasn't that she didn't like Nathan, it's just her heart belonged to someone else.

Nathan nodded before adding a small smile, "Yeah," he muttered. Lyra laughed and quickly walked through the park with Nathan. The two bumped into each other as Nathan visited the hospital. Of course, Peter being Peter didn't want to take a break.

"What brings you to New York anyway?" she asked curiously, "Isn't your office in Washington?"

Nathan laughed, "Visiting my mother," he said. "And you look gorgeous," he added with a grin. Lyra blushed.

"Why thank you," she muttered.

So, you fancy Peter?" he asked.

"You could say that," Lyra muttered, Nathan glanced at her curiously, "Okay, I do," she admitted. "You fancy me?" she teased.

Nathan grinned, "You wish," he said, he then leaned closer to her, "I do though," he whispered, "But you are Peter's," he added.

He twirled her around and Lyra laughed, "Not yet," she pointed out, "So I am all yours," she whispered touching his face with her index finger. "For now," she added teasingly.

"Such a flirt Miss Lyra Gray," Nathan teased softly, he grabbed onto Lyra's waist and pulled her into a kiss. Lyra kissed back passionately before pulling away. "Dinner at the Petrelli mansion, tonight at 6 be there," Nathan said.

Lyra blinked, "I'll try," she whispered.

"You better," Nathan replied with a grin.

"Oh I know Senator Petrelli," Lyra laughed before running away, "I'll see you around!" she cried.

"You will!" Nathan shouted back as Lyra walked onto a bus. Lyra laughed.

Gabriel stepped back shocked and confused at the same time, "What was your relationship with him?" he asked.

"Keep looking," Lyra answered.

Lyra knocked at the door, the door opened and she was face to face with Nathan, "Hi," she said quickly.

"Hi," Nathan said letting her enter the house, Lyra looked around in awe. It was truly amazing.

She stared at Nathan, "This isn't right," she muttered. Nathan wrapped his arms around her and spun her around lifting her up and the end of the short spin.

"Why not?" Nathan asked.

"Because I'm in love with your brother," Lyra whispered, "Not you," she frowned. "Why you?" she asked, she had always wondered why it had been Nathan who has taken a liking to her.

Nathan looked at her confused, "What do you mean?" he asked.

"I could've gone out with anyone else but it had to be you?" Lyra asked, "Nathan, we can never be together," she said.

Nathan frowned, "Why not?" he asked.

"Because you are the senator of New York, and I- I'm just a paramedic," Lyra whispered, "You won't have enough time for me," she said. Nathan sighed, Lyra stared at him, "Hey, don't be upset," she added, "You have me now don't you?" 

He nodded, "Do I?" he teased. Lyra nodded and quickly took his hand. She leaned in and kissed him. He kissed back.

"Just tonight, Senator," Lyra muttered. She was pushed up against the wall as Nathan kissed her, she turned around and pushed him up against it instead. The two then walked into a room and the door closed.

She then pulled away from Gabriel, "Happy Gabriel?" she asked.

Gabriel stood in shock, "Wow," he almost whispered, "Did you sleep with him?" he asked a little bit worriedly.

Lyra shook her head, "No, I didn't," she answered, "I never did, did I like him? No, it was just a small fling, did he like me? No, I was just a pretty girl he was attracted to," Lyra said all quickly. She looked at the mirror and stared at her plain brown hair, "He liked blondes," she muttered, "I don't know why he chose me that day though,"

"But you liked Peter at the time too?" Gabriel asked.

"Yeah, he asked me out exactly two months after that night," she muttered. Lyra looked at her ring then back at Gabriel, "I love Peter though, I wouldn't change that for the world," she said, "I'm expecting his child, and I enjoy being his wife," she added, "Whatever happened between Nathan and I was the past."

Lyra stared at her older brother who smiled, she then turned around and headed out of the room, Gabriel knew everything now, everything about her, everything. She raced down the stairs and was met by Peter, "Hey, what's the rush?" he asked curiously.

"I love you?" she offered, not trying to slip anything, if Peter had her ability, he could probably figure out about her and Nathan, which was something- which was something she had to tell him. "No- look, we need to talk," she whispered, "It's important," she added.

She quickly grabbed a glass and poured it up with water, she drank from it thinking of Nathan and handed Peter the cup, "Everything you need to know is in that cup," she closed her eyes and quickly left Peter with the cup. "Please, forgive me," she whispered before opening the front door and leaving the house.