22

Lyra glanced at Tracy's fingers, how did she turn it into the water? She had trained with Tracy, learning how to improve her ability. Peter would often take her ability, and train with the two. She looked at her own fingers, could she really do that? She looked at Emma, "Are you doing alright?" she asked signing the words so Emma could understand better. Emma nodded.

"Playing the cello and talking to you guys is helping," Emma said. "Tracy is really nice too," Emma signed, since Tracy didn't know how to sign she didn't know what it meant. Lyra smiled before nodding. "Lyra can I talk to you?" Emma asked. Lyra nodded before looking at Tracy who smiled.

"Go ahead, I was just going to head out for groceries, do you need anything else than what's on this list?" Tracy asked holding up a list, Lyra shook her head.

"I'm fine, stay low okay? We don't want anyone finding us," Lyra said. Tracy nodded before walking out of the house. Lyra looked at Emma, "What is it?" she asked.

Emma looked at her, her face glowing, there was something off or something was good? "Your brother," she signed. "Asked me to be his girlfriend?" her face looked confused but happy at the same time. Lyra nodded, what have you done now Gabriel?

"I'll talk to him," Lyra said immediately standing up, "Gabriel!" she cried running upstairs, she then bumped into Peter.

"What's up?" he asked, Lyra looked over his shoulder.

"I need to talk to my brother," she whispered. "It's very important," Peter glanced back at Gabriel's room and looked at Lyra with a grin.

He then grabbed onto Lyra's waist, then let go, "Okay, go ahead," he said quickly, "I needed to talk to Emma anyway," Lyra then grabbed onto Peter's hand as he was about to step on the stairs.

"Wait, I just talked to her," Lyra pulled him closer, "Did he tell you he asked Emma out?" Lyra whispered. Peter looked at Lyra and held in a laugh before nodding.

"Yeah,"

"Oh god," Lyra muttered before letting go of Peter's hand letting him race down the stairs, she walked quickly into Gabriel's room and slammed the door. "Gabriel," she whispered. "Hi," she sat on a chair in his room. "Asked out Emma have we?" she asked.

Gabriel glanced at Lyra confused, "Who told you that?" he asked. "Well-"

"My husband, and-" she paused, "Emma, who else?" she answered sarcastically. "God you're so daft sometimes, there's only five people who live here," she pointed out, "Who else would've told me? Sorry, continue," she said.

Gabriel glanced at Lyra awkwardly, "Okay, and what's wrong with that?" he asked.

"You killed Nathan, you- honestly don't deserve anything," Lyra said, even though she's been living with Gabriel, all seemed forgiven but deep down Lyra couldn't stand the fact her own brother was the killer of Nathan.

Gabriel looked at Lyra, "And why do you care so much about it? It's been a year or so since he died," he asked, "Unless," he paused giving Lyra a strange look. "You liked him didn't you?" he asked.

"What- no!" Lyra sputtered in disbelief, she then looked away, was that true though? Oh sure she's kissed him once or twice. They had went on a walk once- before he started the Building 26 operation. "No, Gabe you can't say that, I'm married, I have the perfect guy-"

"You're lying," Gabriel said with a smirk.

"Okay, and if I am what are you going to do Gabriel? He's dead," Lyra almost whispered, she could feel her eyes sting. "He's gone," she said.

"So Peter's just backup?" Gabriel asked.

Lyra glared at Gabriel angrily, "How could you say that? I love Peter, with all my heart, Nathan was just a silly crush," she cried.

Gabriel then walked towards Lyra, "I'm sorry," he said, "I'm sorry I killed him," he whispered, "I know I could never make up for it, but I like Emma, she's sweet, kind and caring," he said, "The opposite of me,"

"And opposites attract?" Lyra asked.

"Yeah, something like that," Gabriel said. Lyra felt her throat tighten, why had Gabriel mentioned Nathan? She then stood up from the chair.

"I have to go," she whispered, she quickly left the room. She could hear Gabriel calling for her to come back but the tears fell. She raced down the stairs and almost fell before reaching the ground. Lyra glanced at Peter who stared at her concerned, she then opened the front door. She fell onto the porch and cried.

She heard someone walk out and close the door, and she stared at the ground, "What do you want Peter?" she asked angrily.

"I'm not Peter," the voice said, Lyra looked to her side to see Gabriel.

"I can't stand you," Lyra cried, "Stop hurting me," she whispered.

She then saw a car pull up in the driveway, the car door opened and Tracy walked out. Lyra walked towards Tracy. She quickly walked towards Lyra and looked at her, "Are you okay?" she asked, "Did you get into a fight with Peter?" Tracy asked.

Lyra shook her head, "With Gabriel, he was talking about Nathan, and he- well we just got into a fight," she said.

Tracy nodded, "Yeah? Okay, why don't you help me bring in some groceries and we'll go talk to him," she said. Lyra nodded and helped her carry some bags.

Lyra walked into the house and was soon met by a concerned Emma. She dropped the bags as she caught Peter's gaze. She then hugged him. "I love you," she whispered.

Peter kissed her forehead, "I know," he whispered. "What did Gabriel do this time?" he asked.

Gabriel then walked inside the house with the rest of the groceries, "Just mentioned Nathan," he said. "Revealed a secret," he said glaring at Lyra. "I'm sure you'd want to know Peter,"

Peter glanced at Lyra confused, "Fine! I went on a date with Nathan before dating you," she muttered. "I'm sorry I never told you," she cried. "Now just leave me alone!" she stormed off angrily.

"Lyra!" she heard Peter following her up the stairs, she turned around half way and stared at Peter sadly. "Hey, it's okay," he said. She stared at him and rubbed her eyes, why did she always cry!

"I miss him," she whispered, "Is that weird?" she asked.

Peter stared at her before shaking his head, "Nope, I miss him too," he said, "I might not show it but I miss him," he muttered. He then gave Lyra a small kiss. "So much, like you do,"