29

Ding! The elevator doors opened and Lyra walked out with Peter, the two then arrived at their room and Peter closed the door slowly. He then closed his eyes and opened them, "Lyra," he started, Lyra flopped onto the bed and shook her head.

 "Lyra, listen," he said. "Lyr, you said Lyra Gray?" he asked confused. "Lyra, look at me," Lyra looked at Peter confused, and scared. She was scared, she acted tough on the outside but she was so scared for her life. Even if she had this ability, she still wouldn't be able to stop Erica.

"I'm sorry," she muttered, "I was scared," she admitted. Peter frowned and sat on the bed next to her. 

"What were you scared of?" he asked. 

Lyra stared at Peter who looked concerned, "You don't want to know what they do at those companies Peter, it's cruel." she cried, she felt tears flowing down her cheeks suddenly, "I was tortured, they did all these things to me and now I just- I just don't know- my ability there's something about it, I don't know what though," she whispered. "Show me, how to fly," she said suddenly. 

Peter frowned, "What do you mean?" he asked, "Like show you how to fly?" he paused, "I don't know how to do that," Lyra sighed, what had Noah said about her ability? She then stared at Peter, he had done so much for her already. 

"Whatever, it's okay," she whispered. "Peter, I don't want to go back to the safe house," she said. "I want to go to- I want to-" she started confused, she looked at Peter who waited patiently. Lyra grabbed onto Peter and kissed him passionately. "I want you," she muttered suddenly. 

Peter pulled away, "What about Nathan?" he asked. 

Lyra pouted, "I want you, Peter," she whispered touching his nose. "Out of everyone else in the world, I want you," she said. Peter then glanced at her with an odd smile, "No, I pick you. I love you more than I love myself," she muttered. She then rolled to the other side embarrassed. 

Peter rolled her back to face him, "I know," he whispered, "Now, tell me, I want you to talk to me about Nathan," he muttered brushing his fingers against Lyra's hair. Lyra closed her eyes and frowned as she felt tears fall down her face. 

"Fine, we met when he was visiting you at the hospital, you wouldn't take a break even though I had begged you to go have coffee with me," Lyra started, "I met him, he took me out for a date, we walked around a park, I told him everything you had to know about me, my hobbies, things I hate, things I like." she paused, "I told him everything, how much I liked your smile, how I'd like to change your hair one day, how handsome you were and of course how I wanted to be with you," 

Lyra noticed Peter's cheeks glowing a bright red and smiled, "Because I really liked you," she whispered, "You were handsome, kind, and confident, and- and- nice and amazing and I love you," she laughed. She pouted, "Sorry- I'll continue," she whispered. "He told me about his ex-wife Heidi? And his children, and I just left after that," she said. 

Lyra stared at Peter who was looking away, Lyra could tell he was embarrassed, she grabbed onto him and pushed him onto the bed, she kissed his forehead and smiled, he blinked. "Did you really think all of that?" he asked slowly, touching her face with his right hand. Lyra felt a wave of warmth as he wrapped his arms around her. 

She smiled, "Of course, and I still do Peter," she whispered. "You're the most handsome guy I've ever met, and trust me, I've met a few," she laughed quietly. She grabbed onto Peter's hair and pulled on it softly. "I knew you and I were meant to be when I first met you," she said. She bit her lip, had he thought of her that way too? 

Peter nodded, "I never thought of it like that," he muttered, Lyra felt her heart drop, "I caught you as a beautiful, smart young woman when I saw your last name, I knew something was up, you were related to a man who tried to kill me, or you just had the same last name." he said. Lyra felt her stomach feel a little bit sick. 

"Sorry," she said quickly before running to the bathroom, she closed the door. She threw up and coughed quickly, she moaned in pain, she flushed the toilet before washing her face and hands. She blinked confused, what was that? She wasn't pregnant again was she? She covered her face and groaned in disbelief. "NO!" she yelled. 

She suddenly heard a knock at the door, "Are you okay?" Peter asked, Lyra nodded before realizing he couldn't see her. She sighed softly and opened the door, "Hey, hey are you-" Peter started, Lyra stopped him by placing a finger on his mouth.

"I'm fine," she muttered, Peter glanced at her with uncertainty, Lyra sighed, "I think, I'm pregnant," she whispered. 

Peter's eyes widened in shock, "Lyra," he started softly giving her a hug. 

"Are you mad?" she asked. 

"No, of course not, I just think it's too soon for another baby," he said quickly. "I mean, everyone is still grieving about Elizabeth," he muttered. 

Lyra turned away, "So you are mad," she whispered. She sighed and sat back down on the bed, "Does it even matter anymore?" she asked. 

Peter sat next to her, "What are you talking about?" he asked, he then looked at Lyra sadly, "Are you talking about us?" he slowly reached out his arm and wrapped it around Lyra's shoulders. "Of course it does, I love you," he whispered. "You're my wife," he added, he then paused, Lyra stared back at him, "You're insecure about yourself," he pointed out, "Lyra, how could you even think-" 

"Because- because I don't know," she interrupted, "I don't know how I feel about anything anymore Peter, my brother killed people, he killed our adoptive mother and Nathan. He's terrible and now I am so so scared because this new ability I have can kill people within seconds Peter, seconds!" she cried. "I don't want to hurt anyone, I don't want to accidentally hurt you either," she whispered. 

Peter sighed, "Lyra, you have to stop, just stop, you won't accidentally hurt me, you won't hurt anyone either because I know you, you're kind, caring and sometimes a little cute but that's not the point here. I know that you won't be like Sylar," Peter whispered. 

"I won't," she whispered, "For you, for myself and for baby," she muttered looking at Peter who smiled. She laughed at his crooked smile, it was adorable still. 

Peter then pushed her onto the bed, "Sounds good to me," he whispered, "For me, for you and for baby. I love you Lyra, forever and always will," he muttered giving Lyra a small kiss as she closed her eyes.