16

"Lyra," Lyra smiled at Sam who walked with her around the carnival, "What made you return?" he asked. Lyra looked at the ground, she was stressed, scared, and upset. She just wanted to feel free again, she sighed as she remembered being approached by Samuel almost 2 years ago when her ability had just started to appear. She had stayed here and hidden from the Company who had killed one of her friends.

"I don't know Sam," Lyra whispered, "I know I shouldn't be here and all, you're busy right?"

Sam looked at her and smiled slowly, Lyra looked up, and found herself staring at Hiro, "Miss Petrelli!" Hiro said excitedly. Lyra laughed.

"Not yet," she said, "What are you doing here?" she asked curiously.

Hiro frowned, "Sam said he will help me find Charlie!" he said. Lyra nodded before glancing at Sam, interesting. Sam then glanced at Lyra with a small smile.

"That's right Lyr darlin', why don't you see Lydia, was the reason you came wasn't it?" Sam asked.

Lyra smiled before walking towards Lydia's tent. "Lyra," Lydia muttered before giving her a hug, "Oh Lyra darling are you doing alright?" Lydia asked softly.

Lyra shook her head before sitting down next to Lydia, "Very stressed," she whispered, "There's just so much going on with my life," she said.

Lydia sighed, "This Peter, he's your boyfriend?" she asked curiously.

"Fiancé," Lyra whispered.

Lydia smiled, "Congratulations," she said grabbing onto Lyra's hand, "You know, I need to talk to Hiro," she whispered, "Okay?"

Lyra nodded slowly. "Yeah, that's fine," she said quickly, she stared at her phone, should she call Peter? She quickly dialed his number, "Mm," she whispered, as the phone began to ring. Why wasn't he answering? She sighed. She stood up and walked out of Lydia's tent. The carnival, was for people like her, people with abilities. She shuddered as she walked past the mirror house, she had seen what her brother had done somehow. Where was Gabriel now anyway?

She held her breath as she saw Edgar, "Miss Gray," he said politely as he walked past her, she waved and quickly grabbed some popcorn.

Lyra sighed loudly, Peter would definitely disapprove the carnival, she remembered the time he told her about a guy who sliced Noah Bennet's guts, she obviously knew who it was. She shook her head, he was mad at her no matter what. "Lyra darlin'!" she turned and looked at Sam.

"Hey," she muttered, "Sorry uh, can we talk?" she asked softly. Sam nodded. "It's just- my boyfriend, I've kept so much from him and he definitely disapprove of this," she cried shaking her arms around in the air.

Sam sighed, "Darlin' everything will be fine, if he loves you, he- he loves you," he said rather quickly.

Lyra stared at the ground, did he? She closed her eyes, recently everything had just been going by so fast. He proposed! She said yes but what does that mean? Had she been a bad fiancée? Girlfriend? She opened her eyes quickly and blinked. "Does he?" Lyra cried, her voice raising. "I'm sorry, I- can I stay here for awhile?" she asked shaking her head confused.

"Of course, of course," Sam said quickly, "You, are welcome here anytime," he said with a small smile. He then walked away, leaving Lyra standing alone.

She stared around and sat next to a water faucet, she turned it on, listening to the water rushing and dripping onto the dirt. She closed her eyes in bliss, "Mmm," she whispered softly as she held the water in her hands. She then splashed the water onto her head, the water dripped onto her face and she arched her neck back. The feeling of the cold water was soothing in some way. She quickly shaped a small circle with a hole and made it spin around, she then took her other hand and did the same with some more water. She laughed softly, then placed her hands on the ground.

It's been almost a week since she stayed here, and she hadn't answered any of Peter's calls, she was too ashamed. Too embarrassed, she betrayed him, he would never forgive her. In the past week, she hung out with Lydia and found out something awful, Sam killed Joseph. Lyra obviously tried to stop Lydia from telling everyone with Hiro, but Lydia did it anyway making Edgar become an exile.

She had given up, on everything, she laid on her bed and cried every night, wishing she could change the past. She sighed and got dressed, another day working as a carnival member. She laughed, how hilarious, she was a doctor with a Ph.D. but she was working at a carnival. She walked out of the trailer confused, it was night already.

She yawned, and quickly ran towards Sam, he was bad but she had to stay for the people she had met here, Lydia, Lydia's daughter Amanda, Damien, Eric, etc. There were so many people who she could save. Would Peter be proud of her? She sighed again thinking of him, did he miss her? She then thought of Emma, she smiled. Emma probably missed her. Right?

"Lyra?" a voice asked from behind, Lyra stopped walking and frowned before turning around. Claire? What was Claire doing here? She shouldn't be here. Claire was with a friend? Lyra quickly smiled.

"Hey! Welcome, what- what are you doing here?" Lyra said quickly, looking around and catching Samuel's gaze. How interesting. She then looked back at Claire, who had said something but Lyra missed it.

"What are you? Peter's called me asking where you are for almost a week now!" Claire said,

Lyra then looked at the ground upset. "Please don't tell him where I am, promise?" Lyra asked quickly.

"Why not?" Claire asked, she then leaned closer to Lyra, "Peter really loves you, you know?" she whispered, "You're killing him right now, he misses you so so much,"

Lyra looked up, "Really?" she whispered excitedly, she then covered her mouth, she didn't mean to be so excited, "I mean, really?" she asked softly.

Claire glanced at her confused, "He loves you, so much Lyra," Claire said, "Please try and call him or something, to tell him you're okay," she muttered quickly.

Lyra sighed, "Fine," she whispered, "I'll call him tomorrow," she said.

"No, you're going to call him now," Claire said quickly.

Lyra shook her head, "I can't," she whispered.