14

Lyra stared in shock, she got a break? Right, because Nathan was on vacation, why didn't he tell her though? She knew Peter probably didn't know he was on vacation at all. She stared at Peter, they were at the hospital and she was volunteering as a nurse, or so she thought. Lyra sighed, she just wanted her job back, working at hospitals, politics weren't her thing at all. She talked to Dr. Fassure, her former mentor, and asked to be back.

"Dr. Fassure, I think I could help out," she said earlier this morning. The older woman stared at her.

"You chose the paramedic side, Miss Gray," the doctor said.

"Yeah I know, you've told me countless times that I made the wrong choice, I'm technically a doctor and all but I loved that job," Lyra replied.

Dr. Fassure sighed, "Alright, you're not helping anyone now though,"

Lyra stared at Dr. Fassure in disbelief. "You guys clearly need more help, I'm trained! I can help! God, I just got fired because-" Lyra cried.

"Because you didn't show up on time darling," the doctor said.

Lyra looked at her mentor desperately, "Well my brother died," she whispered.

Dr. Fassure sighed, "Fine, I'll ask the head of the hospital tomorrow," she said quickly. "At 7 AM, don't be late, and check out Robert if you can, he's in room 237," Her former mentor handed her a file.

Lyra took the file quickly, she may have gotten a position, but she wasn't sure. "Em!" she signed, as she saw her blonde best friend. Emma waved and walked towards Lyra.

"What are you doing here?" Emma asked confused.

"Working," Lyra signed, "Did he tell you?" she asked, Emma glanced at her ring and smiled, she nodded.

Emma grabbed onto Lyra's shoulder, "I'm so happy for you," she said. She looked at Peter, "Is he okay?" she asked, Peter was limping around and it seemed like his head hurt. Lyra quickly ran towards him.

"Peter! Are you okay?" she asked quickly, Peter nodded slowly as he was panting, he looked exhausted. What had he been doing? She quickly held onto his arm, he was hot, he was drained. "Have you been using Jeremy's ability?" she asked. Peter nodded slowly again, Lyra sighed.

"I can save people- with it," he muttered, "I'm fine," he looked at Lyra and smiled. Lyra then glanced at what he was looking at, Emma. She was using a suture on a lady. Lyra smiled. Emma dropped out of medical school and Lyra thought Emma was crazy. Didn't she want to help even more people? "Hey she's good at that," Peter said.

Lyra nodded, "Yeah, really good, her talent is wasted, I tell her every day she should go back to medical school and all but she never listens to me," Lyra muttered upset. "You, you get some rest," she kissed Peter quickly before walking towards Emma who was still stitching the wound.

"Lyra, hello," Emma said slowly, "Can you help?" she asked. Lyra nodded and quickly took over, she grabbed onto some tissue. This woman needed a new bandage. She watched as Emma finished with the stitches and she rubbed some alcohol on the wound.

She tapped on Emma's shoulder and handed her the bandage, "Good job Em," she signed. Emma smiled. "I have to go," she signed, "Come with?" Emma nodded and the two walked to room 237 together. Lyra knocked on the door, "Excuse me? Mr. Robert Hale?" she asked.

The patient nodded, Lyra smiled. "I-I-where's Dr. Fassure?" he asked scared. Emma looked at Lyra who just continued to smile.

"She sent me, you can call me Dr. Gray, this, over here is Miss Coolidge," Lyra said pointing at Emma. "We're here to help you," she whispered.

Robert nodded, "Okay," he said slowly, "What do you need?" Lyra looked at his file, stage 3 lung cancer. She winced, lung cancer was a popular one.

She showed the file to Emma who nodded slowly, what were they supposed to do? "What are we supposed to do?" Emma signed confused. Lyra shrugged.

"I'm just going to check your status and update it," Emma said quickly. "We'll wait for," Emma paused.

"Dr. Fassure, and she'll be able to verify how you are," Lyra finished. Emma tapped on her thankfully and quickly crouched down next to the patient.

Emma grabbed a needle from a cabinet and stuck it into his arm. She looked back at Lyra, "Do you feel anything?" Emma asked softly. Robert nodded slowly, "Okay," Emma said. "I'm going to check your," she paused, Lyra waited patiently, Emma struggled some times while talking too much. Lyra smiled supportively, "I'm going to check your blood pressure," Emma finished.

Lyra smiled and walked to the man's right side, and stared at Emma, Emma had so much potential. She watched as Emma took the man's blood pressure, the blonde was smiling the whole time.

--

"Peter," Lyra was walking quickly after Peter as they headed to his apartment, "Peter!" Lyra shouted as she raced after Peter. They entered his apartment and she quickly grabbed onto his arm, "Peter," she whispered. He turned around, Lyra could tell he was exhausted and tired. He sighed and walked into the bedroom, Lyra followed as he took off his shirt. He then grabbed onto Lyra and pulled her in for a kiss. He pushed her onto the bed.

Peter then wrapped his arms around Lyra's waist and began to unbutton her shirt, "Yeah?" he muttered. Lyra felt his hands on her and she looked at him confused. She then leaned in and kissed him passionately dragging her leg up against his. "Lyr," he whispered. Lyra looked up and stared into his brown eyes.

"Yeah?" she muttered softly as he kissed her neck, she arched her head back. Lyra laughed softly, "Oh, I love you," she said. Peter kissed her on the lips again, Lyra then unzipped his zipper. "Now?" she asked softly.

Suddenly there was a knock on the door. "Oh my god," she whispered. Peter quickly zipped back his zipper, put his shirt back on, and signaled her to wait, he then walked out of the room, Lyra looked in the closet, and put on a lavender dress, that went down to her shins. She smiled.

Lyra walked out of the room and stood face to face with Nathan, "Hey," he said quickly giving her a quick hug. Lyra awkwardly hugged back, she then saw Peter getting a bottle of water from the fridge. "Where did you go?" he asked. Lyra stared at him confused, where did she go? She didn't go anywhere.

"Nowhere, I've been- did you miss me?" she teased. Peter glanced at Lyra and she saw him turn away, what was up?

"You look gorgeous," Peter whispered as he leaned in to give her a kiss on her forehead, "Anyways, I have to help Nathan with something, do you want to come?" he asked, Lyra opened her palms and activated her ability.

"You know, I'm up for anything," she muttered.