34

5 Years Later

"Did you ever think that was going to happen?" 

Lyra turned to look at Nathan, "Of course not, my daughter can control metal? It's cool," she muttered before shaking her head. She looked around, they could see everything, what was happening in the real life. She couldn't even believe it, it was like they were ghosts floating around. "How did you even get through like this? Wasn't it alone and sad?" she asked looking at Peter who was busy playing with Ethan. 

"Yeah, I guess," he muttered, "I got to watch over you and Peter though," Lyra stared back at Nathan and smiled. 

"And I thank you for that, I had my own little guardian angel watching over me," she smiled, she then closed her eyes, before looking back at Peter. The pain she felt as she watched him play with her children, talk to Gabriel, and do everything. "I miss him," she whispered. "I miss his touch, his kiss, his hugs, his smile," she muttered. "It's not the same, I'm sorry, it's not the same with you," 

Nathan nodded, "Of course it isn't," he said, "Who said it was? I know you love him," 

Lyra turned back and then faced Nathan again, "Yeah I know-" 

"Who are you two and why are you in our house?" a voice said from behind Lyra. Lyra turned to face her 6-year-old son. She then looked at Nathan confused, "I can see you, you're my mommy aren't you?" Ethan asked. "And I don't know who you are," Lyra watched as the boy stared at Nathan. 

Lyra covered her mouth quickly as she watched Peter look at Ethan confused, "Hey Ethan, who are you talking to?" he asked. Ethan pointed at Lyra and Nathan, and Lyra watched as Peter stared at her directly. She felt her heart beating quickly. "Come on, there's no one there," Peter muttered quickly before giving Lyra an odd glance. 

She then felt someone hold onto her hand, "Hey, it's okay," Nathan muttered softly. Lyra looked back and suddenly walked up the stairs. She looked around the house sadly, she then looked at Ethan again. He was still staring at the two confused and scared. 

"Nathan have you ever encountered anyone who could see you?" she asked. Nathan shook his head, Lyra then walked closer to Ethan and smiled. "Can you see me?" she asked. "And Nathan? Can you see both of us?" 

Ethan nodded, "I can see you, are you my mommy?" he asked curiously. 

Lyra smiled before looking at Nathan, "Yeah, I am, do you remember me?" Ethan shrugged. "I guess you don't, hey, can you get your father to come here?" she asked softly. She tried to reach out her hand to touch Ethan but she pulled away immediately. She sighed, but Ethan smiled and walked away happily. Soon the little boy came back his father holding his hand. Lyra smiled. "Now why don't you tell him to use your ability," she whispered. 

Ethan looked up at his father, "Mommy wants you to use my ability," he said. 

Lyra watched as Peter glance at his son confused, "So you can really see her huh," Peter muttered. "Sorry Ethan, I can't," Ethan looked at Lyra who felt tears in her eyes. Why couldn't he use his ability? "I have your mother's ability with me right now, I don't want to lose it," he muttered. 

Lyra looked at Nathan who smiled, "He has your ability, which means, he could learn to use Ethan's ability," Nathan said quickly, "Quite easy actually, it's by touch, it can only work with people you're close to though," he then looked back at Lyra who was staring at him in shock. 

"Mommy, daddy says he can't," Ethan said. 

Lyra smiled, "It's okay, just tell him I-" she paused, "Tell him I lo-" she looked at Nathan who nodded encouragingly. "Tell him I love-" her voice broke. "Sorry, tell him I'm sorry," she whispered. "I miss you too Ethan, so much, and Elizabeth," she muttered. 

"We call her Laura now," Ethan said in a matter-of-factly voice. He then looked up at Peter, "Mommy says she's sorry, and that she misses me and Elizabeth, and-" Lyra watched as Ethan stare at Nathan. "Your brother is taking care of her," he muttered. "Daddy why didn't you tell me about-" 

Peter hushed Ethan quickly, "Shhh, does she still love me?" he smirked. Lyra glanced at Peter curiously, what was he getting at? Of course, she still loved him, so much. 

Ethan stared at Peter confused, "Who? Mommy?" he asked. Peter nodded slowly, "I think so, she told me to tell you she loves you," Lyra smiled and Ethan then looked at her, "She watches over you every day," he muttered. "I think she loves you," Ethan then shrugged. 

"Yeah, of course, she does but-" Lyra watched as Peter stared in her direction. Staring into her eyes and shooting a smile. Lyra smiled again staring at his beautiful crooked smile. "She's Nathan's wife isn't she?" he asked before standing up and walking away with Ethan who waved at the two. 

Lyra uncontrollably laughed and heard as Nathan sputtered around nonsense, "Never will be," she whispered. "No matter how hard you try Nathan, I am Peter's," she muttered staring back at Peter. "He is mine," she looked at Nathan. 

Nathan smirked, "He is," he stared at Lyra who felt her face warm-up, she suddenly looked away angrily. She knew she didn't like Nathan, there was just a strange attraction between the two, was he like a fatherly figure, or maybe an older brother? Or a best friend? She shook her head confused. 

"Stop doing that!" she said. "Okay? Please you're confusing me," she muttered, "And I don't like it," 

"Admit it," he muttered, "You like me too," 

Lyra stared back at him angrily, "I will never like you," she shouted. "Go away!" she then quickly ran away from Nathan. She then felt him grab onto her arm, "Nathan I told you I don't want to!" she shouted. 

"Bold of you to assume that I was Nathan," 

Lyra turned around confused, how?