11

Nathan stumbled around the room confused and angry, "Why would my mother do that? I need to tell Millie, I have to!" he cried, "It's the only way- it's the right thing to do!" Lyra stood before Nathan, the past few weeks have been confusing, someone had attacked Peter and there was something to do with a compass. Lyra's mind swirled with thoughts, with her new-found ability everything was even more confusing. She'd see the memories of some random people she's never even met!

"Nathan, I know you're upset-" Lyra started quickly, Nathan wanted to tell Millie what happened but he couldn't! She remembered Angela telling her to try and keep Nathan under control, but Lyra couldn't do it. She groaned.

"Lyra, stop, this is unreasonable!" Nathan muttered quickly. "I have to tell Millie, she deserves to know," he muttered. Lyra stared back at Nathan, he had recently discovered that he was there at Kelly's death. Kelly was Nathan's girlfriend, apparently, she had left for Paris but in reality, she died. Lyra felt the flashbacks and shuddered at the thought, it was terrible.

"No you don't, your mother kept it a secret anyway, you know Millie, she's rich, what if she decides to kill you too?" Lyra asked, "Please," she begged. "Please Nathan, if not for yourself, for me?" she asked. She had become super close with Nathan, he was still confusing at times, but Lyra got used to it.

Nathan shook his head, "I'm sorry, I have to," he said. He grabbed his coat and walked away, Lyra secretly followed him. She knew something was up, and she had to go with him.

"At least let me come with you?" she asked before he entered his car. He sighed before nodding, Lyra smiled and sat inside the car. "Nathan," she whispered, "Your brother," she started.

"He loves you," Nathan said, "A lot actually," He muttered, "He cares about a lot of people, but cares about you the most," Nathan paused, "I mean you were the only one who didn't betray him," Lyra hummed in agreement, Angela had lied to Peter, Nathan was in charge of the Danko operation, it was only about time she did something wrong. Her heart dropped, why did she think like that?

They sat in silence for what felt like hours, "What if I do something wrong?" she asked, suddenly feeling sick in her stomach, she heard the car stop. She opened the door and held onto Nathan's arm.

"You won't," he muttered. They walked towards what probably was Millie's house, it was huge. "Why don't you wait outside?" Nathan asked.

Lyra nodded, "If you're not back in 10 minutes, I'll look for you!" she called as he walked into the house, he waved and Lyra watched as Millie let him enter the house. She then felt her phone ringing.

"Hello?" she asked, "Who is this?"

"Lyra?" Lyra sighed in relief, it was Peter. "Where are you?" he asked curiously from the other line. Lyra turned and stared at the front door of Millie's house.

"With Nathan why?" she said quickly, tapping her feet together. She turned to the side and stared at a dirty swimming pool, that was where Kelly died.

"There's something wrong," Peter whispered.

Lyra frowned, "What is it?" she asked.

"Remember when I helped Bennet awhile ago? Well, we found someone with a healing ability, I think we're going to find him," Peter said rather quickly.

"Yeah? That's cool," Lyra said.

"Look, just meet me at home later, okay?" Peter asked.

Lyra nodded, "Yeah, of course, I love you, Peter," she said. There was a small pause, Lyra felt her heartbeat quicken.

"I love you too Lyr," Peter hung up. Lyra sighed, Peter still was a paramedic, and he was now using someone else's ability. Some guy who could move really really fast, Lyra sighed. At least she didn't have to take a train every day anymore. She'd get home around 2 AM in the morning as Washington D.C. was far from New York City. She would've chosen a different job but Angela said it was best if Lyra stayed with Nathan.

Lyra watched Nathan walk out of the house. "Perfect timing," she whispered. "I was just calling Peter," she said with a smile. Nathan nodded as they walked back to his car, the drive was silent, Lyra felt nervous, what had happened to Peter? Was he okay?

"Nathan watch out!" Lyra cried as she saw someone running towards him, Nathan turned around but it was too late, he got hit in the head. Lyra panicked, "Who are you?" she asked nervously.

The man smirked, "What a beautiful girl Nathan has," the man said, he then stuck a needle into Lyra making her unable to move. He shoved the two in his car and quickly drove off. Lyra tried to scream and reach for her phone but she couldn't even move. She closed her eyes, water, she slowly lifted up her arm and gasped, she quickly grabbed her phone and tried to dial 9-1-1. She saw Nathan beside her, was this the end?

She sighed in relief as she saw her phone connected to 9-1-1, "9-1-1, what's your emergency?"

"I'm with Nathan Petrelli, someone's taking us some-" Lyra felt the car stop, "Please help!" she cried desperately. She then realized her phone died. "Shit!" she cried angrily.

The door quickly flung open, the man threw Lyra onto the ground making her arm-twist, she screamed in pain. She tried to stand up but it didn't work, she watched as the man dug a hole in the ground, where were they, on the side of an unknown highway. Lyra groaned in pain, "Peter," she moaned. She watched as the man tossed Nathan in the hole and watched him pull out a gun.

"No!" she cried, with all her strength she walked towards the man and quickly felt something hit her arm, she felt blood trickling down. She didn't hear a gunshot, did she get shot? She felt the world spin around and she collapsed onto the ground. "Peter," she whispered coughing out blood, was she dying? "I love you," she whispered.