30

July 2013 (2 Years Later)

Lyra ran across the room and bumped into her brother, "Gabe, how is he?" she asked softly, "Is he okay?" she asked. She then looked at the mirror across the two, she had cut her hair into a cute bob cut after Ethan was born. She smiled and grabbed onto Gabriel's arm, "Tell me?" she asked softly. 

Gabriel sighed, "Ethan's fine," he muttered, "Stop worrying too much Lyra," he said with a laugh. He then walked away. Lyra rushed into the nursery where Peter was asleep with Ethan in his arms. She rolled her eyes, she knew Peter was still awake. She watched their baby crawl towards her and she smiled again. 

"Hi there," Lyra whispered softly before picking up Ethan and placing him back into his crib. She then looked at Peter, and softly kicked him, "Peter," she said quickly. Peter immediately stood up and gave Lyra a quick kiss. Lyra kissed back and wrapped her arms around him, the Petrelli Movement was helping everyone all around. Lyra smiled, Peter had helped Mohinder and so many others, and that had made Lyra so proud. 

Peter held onto Lyra and the two walked out of the room, closing the door behind them. Peter then kissed Lyra against the wall causing Lyra to stumble and almost fall. She then wrapped her right arm around his neck, drawing him closer to her. "I'd really appreciate it if you did that somewhere else," Lyra hummed and ignored the voice arching her neck back as Peter kissed her neck. She then pulled away and stared at Gabriel with a smirk. 

"Gabe, you're just jealous I have a partner," Lyra laughed. 

Peter smiled before walking downstairs, Gabriel then looked at Lyra, his gaze was odd. "You're stubborn you know," he said quickly. Lyra rolled her eyes, "No I'm being serious Lyra," he muttered. "It's been almost 4 years since Nathan died, and you still haven't forgiven me, what's with that?" he asked. 

Lyra glared at him, "There's nothing to it, Gabriel." she snapped. She stared at her older brother angrily, she obviously hadn't forgiven him, but he seemed to have forgiven her for not forgiving him? If that made sense. Lyra shook her head. 

"Okay, whatever you say," Gabriel said quickly before walking away, "Peter's forgiven me already! And he was closer to Nathan than you were," he shouted as he walked into his room. Lyra rolled her eyes and stormed downstairs angrily. 

She shut her eyes tightly and opened them quickly, "I can't stand him!" she shouted but soon covered her mouth as she realized Ethan was sleeping at the moment. Emma looked at Lyra and grabbed onto her arm, Lyra then calmed down. "Right, sorry I forgot," she said. "I don't get how you guys even tolerate a murderer," 

Peter caught a glance with Lyra, who then realized what she said, right she had forgotten again- she was also a murderer for what happened in Colorado. She covered her mouth quickly and sighed as she sat next to Peter, "Hey, it's alright," he said, "No one is forcing you to forgive him except for- him I guess, and Emma." 

Emma looked at Lyra, "I'm not," she said. "I'm just saying it'd be better if you did, it's bad for people to hold grudges against someone they used to love," 

Lyra looked at Peter who finally looked like something hit him, "Oh my god," he said, "You're not mad at him, you're mad at yourself," he whispered, "You're taking out all your anger on him aren't you?" he asked. "You still care about your brother, you're mad at yourself because if you hadn't left for New York City, he probably wouldn't have killed people." 

"Peter," she warned softly. 

"You don't let him touch you that much because he has the empath's ability," Peter said. "Lyra you're so silly!" he laughed. Lyra pouted softly, what was Peter talking about? "Lyra," he whispered before giving a hug. "Nobody blames you, I promise," he whispered. 

Lyra looked away and felt her eyes sting, she opened her palm and stopped the tears, "I do Peter, every day," she said. She then stared at the flowers sitting in a vase on the table she closed her eyes and shattered the glass, making the water pour out. "It's my fault, I never should've left," 

"You can't say that," a new voice joined it, Lyra immediately recognized it as her brother's. "You can't say that it's your fault," he said from the middle of the stairs. "You didn't know I had an ability, I didn't know either, you were just chasing your dreams while I just followed our father's." Gabriel continued to walk down and join them at the table. "Yes you left, but what I did wasn't because you left, I was selfish, I wanted to take abilities. I wanted to be powerful," he said. 

Lyra shook her head and stood up, "If I were still there would you have killed all those people?" Lyra asked. There was a long pause, "That's right, I thought so if I had only stayed, so many people wouldn't have been killed." she said, "You know, I could've stopped all of this, Nathan's death!" she cried. 

"But Lyra, that's not your fault, you have to learn to forgive yourself, I should've known you would be upset about this after you got mad at yourself for not giving me a cookie when you were 11," Gabriel said, "Lyra, you should know, this is not your fault."

Lyra felt Peter grab onto her hand and stare at her supportively, "Sit," he whispered. He then leaned in close to her ear, "Listen to me," he started whispering, "I want you to know that, I will always take your side, but this Lyra," Lyra began to pull away.

 "No no, stay," he muttered grabbing onto her shoulders. "We will go to the Summit next June together," he whispered, "We'll report your brother, and he'll be taken away if that makes you happy," Lyra shook her head, "No? Then forgive yourself Lyra," he said. "If not for yourself, for me." he then stood up and left leaving Lyra alone with the others.