10

Lyra cried softly, it's been weeks since Gabriel died, and weeks since Peter became obsessed with saving people he'd use Mohinder's ability, "Hey Peter," she whispered. "Are you awake?" she asked. Peter moaned and grabbed onto Lyra, she kissed his cheek softly and wrapped her arms around him. 

"Yeah?" he muttered, Lyra sighed and closed her eyes, slowly everything was torn apart, she wasn't paramedic anymore, she got fired for not working properly, for not being on time. Of course, Peter knew why and he understood. She now worked as Nathan Petrelli's assistant. How quaint. How fascinating. Politics, they were annoying but it was the only job she could get. 

"You should visit Nathan more often, he worries about you a lot you know?" Lyra said softly. Peter hummed in response, was that a yes or no? "Maybe I'll take a day off and visit the hospital," Lyra whispered.

 Peter nodded, "Sounds like a good idea," he said. Lyra glanced at Peter confused, he was acting strange. 

"Everything okay?" she asked. Peter closed his eyes and kissed Lyra, she kissed back and rolled over on top of him. "Mm," she whispered, "We have to wake up soon," she looked at the clock and it read 6:49 AM. 

Peter shook his head, "No," he muttered, "Lyr, we'll visit Nathan today together okay? After my work," he asked rubbing his eyes as he sat up. Lyra nodded, "Hey, hey look at me," he said quickly, "Everything is going to be fine," he smiled. 

"You're a good friend Peter," Lyra said. Peter chuckled as he got dressed. 

"Friend?" he asked teasingly, Lyra smiled. 

"That's right, a friend Peter," she whispered, "A lovely, wonderful friend, I think I'm in love with you," Lyra smiled. 

Peter walked towards her and lifted her up, "I'm in love with you too," he said. "Now, get ready okay?" he asked. Lyra nodded before giving him a quick kiss. 

--

Lyra watched as Nathan looked at his work, recently Nathan had been acting different, he's mentioned he hadn't been himself recently and Lyra wanted to help him, he was like a brother to her. "Nathan?" Lyra called, Nathan was in the bathroom. Lyra waited impatiently. The door opened and Nathan stared at her confused. 

"Miss Gray," he whispered. Lyra stared at him oddly, what was it? Why was he acting so strange? He sat back down on his chair and reached for his coffee cup, it then flew towards him. Lyra gasped, telekinesis? But- Nathan didn't have that ability. 

"Nathan," Lyra sat down next to him, "Hey, you're spacing out again," she wrapped her arms around him, Nathan was like a fragile kid, he was distracted all the time. "Nathan," Nathan blinked and turned to look at her. 

"I'm fine," he whispered, he continued to work on his computer. "You look beautiful today," he said confused, Lyra smiled back, also confused. She felt him grab onto her shoulders and she oddly tried to push his arms away. 

The front door opened, "Lyra-" Peter stared at the two confused, Lyra stared at Peter awkwardly, oh how it must've looked. She realized without context it looked like she was- "I'm not even going to ask," Peter muttered, "You and my brother?" he teased. "All this time?" 

"It's not what it looks like Peter, he's acting strange," Lyra said walking towards Peter, she gave him a passionate kiss and hug. "I love you remember?" she whispered softly. "Always will," she smiled. Peter kissed her back and rubbed his hand on her back. 

"I know," he whispered, "Nathan," he called. Nathan turned around. 

"Pete, do you know how many times I've called? Why haven't you answered?" Nathan asked. Peter sighed. He grabbed onto Lyra and pulled her towards the corner of the room. 

"How strange is he acting?" Peter asked curiously. 

Lyra shrugged, "He's acting like we were super close or something, every morning I come, he gives me a hug. Creepy isn't it?" she asked with a small smile. Peter rolled his eyes before nodding. 

He wrapped his arms around Lyra's torso, "I love you," he whispered. "Like so much," he muttered. Lyra smiled amused as she wrapped her arms around his neck. "You know, I was just thinking, saving the world and all but-" 

"Yeah?" Lyra asked watching Peter acting all nervous, "You're sweating, is it hot in here?" she asked confused. Her ability let her feel any temperature she wanted, but only for her, the real density of the air would be different for others though. 

"God your stupid ability had to tell you I was nervous?" Peter asked.

Lyra smirked. "I wouldn't call it stupid Peter," she whispered. "What did you want to tell me?" she asked curiously. 

Peter shook his head. "Later," he walked towards Nathan, "Nathan, do you want to have lunch with us?" he asked. Nathan shook his head. 

"Busy," he muttered, "Lyr can take a day off," Lyra glanced at Peter and smiled. She shrugged and grabbed onto Peter's arm. 

"Let's go?" she asked before walking out of the room. Peter nodded. 

--

"Peter, this- is too much for lunch," Lyra said with a laugh, they had gone to this fancy restaurant that she's never even heard of before, apparently Nathan came around here a lot. 

"Is it Lyr?" Peter asked. Lyra smiled, she quickly reached for her glass, and as she held it, her head swirled with some unknown memories. 

"Mary I love you!" a voice cried. 

Mary rolled her eyes. "I don't love you, Alex, you cheated on me! Twice!" she cried. Lyra recognized the girl as their server. Why was she seeing this? 

Lyra gasped, "What the hell was that?" she asked scared. 

"What?" Peter asked, "What happened?" 

"I saw, I saw like a small flashback from the water," she whispered. "I don't know how, I don't like this though," Lyra looked at Peter confused. "Do you think by being close to the water I could see the water's memory, what it's been through?" she asked. "If someone were to touch the water, would I see their memories?" 

"That's- wow," he whispered. "Try mine," he said, he drank some of the water and handed her the cup. Lyra closed her eyes, and held the cup she felt the water swaying slowly in the cup. 

Peter was running, was he playing football? He was! Lyra then saw him shaking hands with a professor and saw him being declared a nurse. He then jumped off a building but was saved by Nathan. Lyra saw Peter saving Claire Bennet, she saw Peter fight Gabriel. 

She then saw him get trapped by some girl named Elle. Him helping a man named Adam Monroe. She saw an Irish girl named Caitlin. 

Peter then was in this odd future where Claire killed his future self, he was talking to Gabriel, he then attempted to kill Arthur Petrelli but Gabriel finished the job. 

She saw Peter running with her and Claire from Danko's men, then saw Peter fighting with Gabriel. She smiled as she saw herself and Peter together. She then saw Peter watching Gabriel's death and she panicked. 

"No!" she cried. "No," she whispered. "Oh my gosh," Lyra felt her hands trembling. She then felt Peter hold her left hand. 

"Hey shh, it's okay," he muttered. "I'm right here," 

Lyra breathed heavily, "I saw everything," she whispered.