7

Lyra watched Peter's wound, he had hit his arm when Alice blasted him with- whatever it was. Lightning? Peter sighed, Lyra wasn't there of course otherwise she would've been able to block it. "Are you okay?" she'd ask every ten minutes, and Peter's answer was always the same "I'm fine," because well, he was fine. Lyra just worried too much. Mohinder had came because apparently his father was the doctor at Coyote Sands which made it even harder to convince him to leave. Now, they were resting at a diner, Peter watched Lyra talk to everyone else, how could she say she had no family?

"What?" she asked noticing Nathan was staring at her again, she then brought her chair closer to his. She stared at him confused and felt him play with her hair. "I'm not a kid Nathan, I'm 24 years old," Peter stared at his older brother confused, why did they seem so close? What happened between the two?

Nathan laughed, "You're only 6 years older than Claire,"

Claire then stared at the two, "What's this about me?" she asked curiously.

Lyra rolled her eyes, "I'm not that young am I?" she asked. She looked at Peter who shook his head quickly. He then held onto her hand and watched as Lyra continued to talk to Nathan. Was he jealous? No, he just- he didn't know actually.

"Peter, are you alright?" Peter looked to his side to face Noah, who looked concerned for the small group. Noah was the one who helped Peter, Lyra and Angela escape the church safely. Peter guessed he deserved some kindness at least.

Peter nodded, "Yeah, fine." he muttered quickly before looking at the TV. Just some boring politics. He looked back and watched Nathan get their mother who was standing outside of the restroom. His older brother and mother sat back down and they all watched the TV. He then frowned, a live speech by Nathan Petrelli? He stared at Nathan whose eyes were wide in shock.

"Who is that?" Claire asked confused, Peter thought carefully, who would have a shape-shifting ability? Sylar probably. He stared at Lyra who shook her head in disbelief as Noah told everyone it was Sylar.

Nathan stood up quickly which made Lyra stand up beside him, "I have to go," he said quickly pushing Lyra to the side, "Sorry," he muttered. Lyra followed him, as did Peter.

"Stop, let me go with you," Peter heard Lyra say as they walked behind Nathan, Peter was a little bit further away. "Please Nathan, you can't just go alone, it's a suicide trip if you do that," she said. "My brother will kill you," she muttered. 

Nathan gave Lyra a quick hug, "That doesn't matter, all this is my fault anyway," he said. Peter watched as Lyra shook her head an whisper something into his ear.

She then bounced back towards Peter, "Peter, we have a plan," she muttered quickly. "Fly me," she whispered.

Peter nodded and looked at Lyra, "Don't let go," he said quickly as she climbed onto his back. She nodded and soon they were in the air. They were close to Nathan's hotel room when suddenly Peter felt Lyra let go of him. She screamed and then hit the ground, Peter raced towards her.

"Oh my god," he whispered before giving her a hug, "I'm so sorry, are you okay?" he asked softly. He touched her leg and sighed as the blood trickled out quickly. "Your leg is broken, several limbs I think," He reached and kissed Lyra, "Mm, thank god you're okay," he said.

Lyra glanced at him sadly, her gaze filled with pain, "Peter, sorry my hand slipped, can we still go?" she asked quickly.

Peter glanced at her confused, "Why? No, of course not," he answered quickly, Lyra wrapped her arms around him and he lifted her up. He carried her and jumped up to fly. "We need you in a hospital,"

"No!" Lyra cried, "Bring me to Nathan, he's at the hotel right now, room 37," she whispered, "Please?"

Peter looked at Lyra heavily confused and worried, "Lyr, you're injured," he said. She had to go to a hospital, her leg was severely injured and she could bleed to death.

"I don't care! I need to see him!" she cried her voice filled with despair. She was crying, Peter sighed as they landed inside the building. He looked at Lyra worriedly. Nathan's hotel room wasn't too far from where they were right now. Lyra was holding onto his shirt and his jacket and he looked around hoping nobody was around.

"Lyr," Peter muttered as they sat on the ground. "Lyra look at me," he snapped, she stared at him and shook her head, "Lyra, I love you," he whispered. "I love you so so much and it hurts when I see you like this," Lyra smiled softly and showed him her wound. Water was slowly dripping across it and Peter gasped in awe. The blood slowly flew out and Lyra quickly splashed it onto the carpet.

"I'm fine Peter," she whispered. Peter smiled and quickly gave her a hug, she grabbed his jacket and put it on him, "Don't let other girls see you shirtless," she muttered. She grabbed his shirt and wrapped it around the wound. He smiled, she was so smart. She kissed his neck and quickly zipped up the jacket.

"How did you do that?" he asked with a smile. Lyra shrugged.

"Water manipulation, maybe water has healing properties?" she asked. "Oh and blood has water in it," she muttered confused.

Peter wrapped his arms around her and quickly kissed her, after he pulled away he stood up and reached out his arm for her, "Come on, let's go see my brother," he muttered. Lyra held onto his hand and limped towards the room.

They were suddenly stopped by a guard, "Sorry authorized personnel only," Lyra glanced at Peter and her smile said 'sorry'.

"Please, I'm Nathan's wife, he told me to meet him here, this is his brother, Peter we were told to come here," Lyra said softly, her voice was soft and sweet. Peter then felt someone remove his hand from Lyra. He turned around to see Nathan, who had his arms around Lyra.

The two stared at each other and Nathan kissed Lyra on the lips, "Hello, honey," he said quickly. Peter glanced at Lyra who stared at him apologetically.

"Oh! Senator, I apologize, I didn't know," the guard said quickly. "Your daughter came by earlier, a few moments ago, I thought you were in your room?" the man said.

Nathan shook his head, "No, I went down to see a friend," he said still having his arms wrapped around Lyra. "Now if I may," he gave Lyra a quick kiss on the cheek and Lyra smiled at him, the three walked towards the room. Peter then glanced at Nathan, why did he have to kiss Lyra? It was completely wrong and unnecessary.

"That was completely unnecessary Nathan," Peter warned.

Nathan shrugged, "She's a keeper Pete,"

Lyra quickly grabbed onto Peter's arm, "I love you, remember that," she whispered as they were close to Nathan's room.

Claire suddenly burst out of the door, "Are you okay?" Nathan asked.

Claire rolled her eyes, "I'm fine! Go!" she cried. "He's in there!"