9

"Oh my god, Nathan," Lyra whispered, "Hey!" His throat was slashed and blood was quickly pouring out. She placed her hand on his throat and she felt him wince. "Nathan," she whispered, she had never been close to him but she could imagine how much pain Peter would feel if Nathan didn't make it.

She stared at Nathan shocked, she closed her eyes in disbelief, he was sitting on a chair and she crouched down in front of him. She tried using her ability to stop the blood but it didn't work. He would need to go to the hospital, but it was too late for that. So much for being a paramedic.

"Tell Pete-" Nathan coughed out blood, Lyra opened her palm and detected the water, she didn't have enough to help him, the cut was too big. "I-I-Tell him-I'm- s-sorry," he gasped. Lyra nodded. She sighed and touched his face.

Nathan looked up at her, "You, t-treat him well for me," his voice was hoarse and it was hard for Lyra to make out the words, but she nodded understanding what he wanted to say. 

"Nathan, he loves you," Lyra whispered, she leaned in and kissed Nathan's forehead, "I'll miss you, Peter will too," she said. "If things were different, maybe I would've gotten to known you better," Nathan closed his eyes, "Yeah?" Lyra asked softly patting his head softly. She heard Nathan hum softly and she felt his pulse slowing down. She felt tears falling down her face, why was she crying?

"Y-yeah," Nathan replied, Lyra looked at his brown eyes and could see he was in pain. She placed her forehead against his and closed her eyes. He needed someone with him. 

She smiled at him, "I love you, Nathan," she whispered, he needed these words, he needed to die with comfort. He tried to smile back and he reached his hand at her face, and she grabbed onto his hand. "Rest easy," she whispered. 

Suddenly she felt his pulse stop, she wiped the tears off her face, "Nathan," she whispered. "Nathan, no," she muttered. "Nathan, I'm so sorry,"

"Nathan!" a voice cried from the door, Lyra saw Angela with Matt, were they going to save- she also saw Gabriel, he was unconscious. Noah Bennet and some other man were also there. Angela ran towards Nathan and Lyra could feel her pain. Her heart dropped as she stared at Gabriel, they stopped him. She could hear Angela's screams, and she just wanted to go away, she didn't want this to happen. Why Nathan? Sure he'd done some bad but he changed. 

Angela stared at Matt weirdly and Matt quickly walked towards Lyra. Lyra stared at him evenly, she wants me to make you forget Nathan's death. Lyra looked at Angela, why did she want to do that? "Why?" Lyra asked as Angela was distracted Matt brought her to the corner of the room. 

"I don't know, I won't do that to you though," Matt said, "So leave! Run while you can," he said quickly. "Whatever happens, don't let the Haitian near you," Matt said. 

Lyra nodded slowly, she walked out of the room and sighed. She closed her eyes and opened them quickly, she was face to face with the man who was beside Noah. The Haitian. "What do you want?" she asked nervously. 

The Haitian quickly held the top of her head making her fall down unconsciously. 

--

"Lyra!" a voice cried, Lyra woke up quickly. What happened? She looked at Peter, they were in some unknown place. Lyra stared at him confused, why did he look so upset? What happened? 

"What happened?" she asked. 

Peter bit his lip nervously, "Your brother's dead," he whispered. Lyra stood up, her leg still ached, she stared at the fire, it was her brother. He couldn't have been dead, didn't he have Claire's ability? How did he die? 

She shook her head in disbelief, "And you let that happen?" she cried, her voice filled with pain. Peter wrapped his arms around her and gave her a hug. 

"I'm so sorry," he whispered. Lyra looked to her side and saw Nathan. She walked towards him, letting go of Peter. She stared at Nathan confused, what happened to him again? How did this even happen? She couldn't remember anything. She just remembered sitting out, waiting for Peter. 

"Nathan," Lyra whispered, Nathan looked at her confused but he smiled at her. "Angela," she nodded politely to the older woman. She glanced at her dead brother and felt tears dripping down her face. She felt Peter wrap his arms around her. 

"Lyr, let's go for a walk," Peter whispered softly, Lyra nodded and followed him, they walked close to the fire, but far from the others so they couldn't hear what they were saying. "Are you alright?" he asked. 

"Yeah," Lyra whispered, "I don't know, my brother died and all," she laughed sarcastically tears falling down her face slowly, "You think I'd be happy?" 

Peter sighed, "No, I'm sorry, I don't know how you feel, I can't imagine Nathan dead," he said softly. Lyra smiled, Nathan was alive, it was fine. 

"He's alive," she smiled, "That's great," she said softly, she held onto Peter's hand, "I know I'll miss Gabe, but I just feel like he isn't really gone," she said, "It's strange huh?" she asked confused. "I'm sorry, we could talk about something else," she said. 

"No- no it's fine, Lyra, grief is a beautiful yet painful thing, and I'll help you through it no matter what," Peter whispered, Lyra stared at her lover, he was true to his word all the time. So determined to save the world and he did. 

"You won't leave me right?" Lyra felt heartbroken, she gulped and whimpered softly, "I love you," she whispered and held onto his arm, "I love you so much," she hugged him and cried in his arms, "I love you," she repeated, tears flowing down her face. "Gabriel," she cried. Peter kissed her head and squeezed her tightly. She rested her head on his chest and looked at the ground, "How did he die?" she asked, her voice fragile. 

Peter looked at her, "I remember tranquilizing him, it made him unconscious I don't know what happened after that," he said. "I think my mom or Noah must've killed him or something, I'm sorry," he said. "Lyra, I love you," he whispered softly. Lyra felt her body quivering, she felt so much pain in her body, Gabriel was dead. No more city ice cream runs, no more shopping together, she looked at Peter sadly. She had Peter though, everything was going to be okay, was it?