Liam's P.O.V

Liam’s P.O.V

Liam watched as Rayne uncle questioned the women he had called into the room. It didn’t matter what question he asked her she gave him the same answers. She didn’t know where her son could be, Liam could tell she was lying and he couldn’t understand why Rayne uncle was not doing anything to make her talk. It was his niece after all who had been taken.

Liam was about to crack and go over to the woman and start threatening her like Rayne’s father had done before he had stormed out of the room when Liam noticed Rayne dad walk back in with a guy around Liam’s age. He looked like Rayne’s uncle with his black hair and dark black eyes. He remembered seeing him at the waterfall earlier with Rayne sister and mate.

“Cole, what are you doing with Kane?” AJ asked when he noticed them enter the room.

“Well AJ my wife and I had a little chat and we decided since you thought it was ok to assault my daughter because you thought she was lying, I thought it would be ok to do the same to your son to find out the truth” Cole explained

“You did what!” AJ growled

“And guess what?” Cole asked ignoring the fact that his brother’s wolf had started fighting for control at the thought of Cole touching hi son. “My daughter was telling you the truth.” Cole said shoving Kane away from him and towards his father, “Tell him Kane” Cole growled.

Kane sighed “His right dad, Rayne was telling you the truth.”

Cole shook his head “I don’t even know you anymore AJ, how could you treat my daughter that way without even finding out the truth?” Cole asked. “Because of you there is a good chance that I have not only lost my daughter but my mate as well”

“I’m sorry dad.” Kane said “Thia told us all this stuff Rayne was saying about us, how she thought she was better than us because she was a were lion, at first we just ignored her but then it kind of escalated to teasing her and pushing her around."

Liam watched as AJ stared at his son, looking at him as if he didn't even know who he was. He then lowered his head and looked at the ground. “I’m sorry Cole” he said softly.

“You’re sorry?” Cole asked “It’s not me you should be apologising too, Rayne is the one you accused of lying and then assaulted her when she continued to speak the truth”

“You did what!” Liam roared now catching on to what had Rayne mother and father so upset.

“Stay out of it!” AJ yelled at him “This has nothing to do with you”

Liam laughed bitterly “You assault my mate and have the nerve to tell me it has nothing to do with me?”

“You haven’t marked her yet, so she’s not your mate yet” AJ growled.

“Well that’s where you are wrong,” Liam said walking toward AJ “Rayne knew something would go wrong when she told you the truth about everything. I guess she knew you wouldn’t believe her huh. So we decided to mark each other in the woods. Our mating bound is complete, she is my mate and you touching her is my business” He growled out.

“Stop it the lot of you” Rayne’s mother said walking into the room “This is not helping us find Rayne.”

Liam looked over at his mate’s mother “I’m sorry Natasha”

“It’s fine Liam, I understand how you feel” She said sending a glare AJ’s way. Natasha turned her attention away from AJ and looked at the woman who was now sitting on the couch. “Get up!” Natasha growled at Amy, “Now you have to the count of ten to tell me where your son had taken my daughter or I’m going to change into my lion form and start biting off parts of your body.”