Chapter Thirty Nine

Chapter Thirty Nine

Liam’s POV

Liam followed the sound of his daughters cries into her room, he walked over to her coat and picked her up before retrieving the small blanket that sat on the side of the cot and wrapped it around her so she would not get cold.

“Hey now baby girl, that’s enough crying. Daddy is here” He said as he softly bounced her in his arms.

“I think she is hungry” Rayne said walking into the room.

Hailey’s cries stopped at the sound of her mother’s voice, Liam watched as she tried to turn her head and look for her mother. She was only a week old but she was already so smart and strong. “I think you’re right” He said before walking over to Rayne and giving her a kiss on the lips before passing Hailey to her “Why don’t you feed her and I will go and get everything we will need to go into town ready and packed into the car.

“ok” She said smiling at him “Make sure to pack the wedding cake pictures I want to take and show the baker” She said as he started to make his way towards the door of the room.

“I won’t forget” he said before walking out of the room. He made his way downstairs and collected the baby bag and stroller and carried it out to the car before heading back inside and finding the cake pictures Rayne had been talking about. By the time everything had been packed into the car, Rayne had finished feeding Hailey and was walking down the stairs.

“Everything is pack, my lady” He said grinning at her.

She laughed at his goofiness “Did you remember.” She started to say

“Yes I remembered the photos” He said cutting her off.

“Ok then I think we can go, Hailey seems content now after her feed”

“I think she is just content because she is in her mummy’s arms” He said looking at his daughter who just laid in his mate’s arms happily starring at her mother.

“Oh Liam you are not going to start up about that again are you? She does not love me better. She is a baby and loves us all the same.”

“If that is true why does she stop crying when you walk in the room?” He asked

She rolled her eyes at him before smiling and kissing him on the cheek “Because she knows she is about to get what she wants. A feed”

“Yeah well I’m not buying that excuse”

“Are you ready to go?” She asked him “Or do you want to stand here and debate about who our child loves more?”

“Fine lets go” he said sighing.

“Stop joking around Liam I know you’re not serious” She told him laughing.

He finally allowed the smile that had been wanting to appear on his face show “I love it when you laugh” He says to her as he gently wraps his arms around her doing his best not to disturb Hailey in her arms. “In fact I love everything about you” He says before kissing her lips.

“Haven’t you two left yet?” They heard Liam’s mum say as she walked into the room. “The bakery will be shut by the time you make It into town”

Rayne laughed “Ok we are going” She said making her way to the door.

“Did you want me to watch Hailey for you?” She asked.

“Thanks mum but its ok” Liam said as he followed Rayne to the door. “We will see you when we get back” He said looking back at his mother.

“Ok sweetie” His mother said smiling.