Chapter Twenty

Chapter Twenty

Rayne had almost finished packing when there was a knock on the door, she thought about ignoring it but one sniff told her it was her mother, so she reluctantly walked over to her door and opened it.

"Rayne, why didn't you tell us right away when you found out Thia had let Marcus mark her? She has ruined any chance of ever being with her mate"

Rayne snorted "As if I care about her ruining her chances at being with her mate when she deliberately ruined my chances of being with mine"

"What are you talking about Rayne?" Her mother asked walking into the room and closing the door behind her.

"What didn't uncle AJ tell you?" She asked in a snarky voice.

"Don't use that tone on me young lady" Her mother said putting her hands on her hips "Now explain to me what the hell you are talking about"

Rayne sighed but nodded her head, she told her mother everything from the beginning, how Marcus came to her room the night before her birthday and told her they were mates, how he had rejected her she even explained why he rejected her. That she has been the pack outcast for years, all because Thia was jealous of the extra attention, she had given Rayne. She told her mother about how the heat hit her and she had slept with Marcus without knowing, she didn't tell her mother about the time with Liam or the fact that they had marked each other and were now mated. She did tell her about her Uncle AJ accusing her of lying and also about Thia telling her that she knew Rayne was Marcus's mate and she was only with him to cause Rayne pain.

By the time, she had finished explaining everything, Rayne's shirt was soaked from all the tears she cried. She stood there, looked at her mother, and waited for her to say something.

"Why didn't you tell me Rayne?" her mother asked sounding hurt.

Rayne shrugged her shoulders "I thought If you knew he was my mate that you would make me mate with him"

"I would never force you to be with someone you didn't want to be with" her mother said

"I know you wouldn't mum I meant uncle AJ and possibly dad" She said shrugging.

"I'm such a terrible mother" Rayne's mother said as she walked over to her bed and sat down, she looked so defeated to Rayne.

"You're not a terrible mother, mum," Rayne said sitting down beside her "You didn't know, and that's how I wanted it"

"I should have known what those kids were doing to you. I should have picked up on it"

"Mum I made sure you didn't find out" Rayne said giving her a hug "Please don't hate yourself it's not your fault."

"How could I have had such an evil child?" She mumbled, "How did Thia turn out this way if it wasn't my fault"

Rayne snorted "Thia is and will always be a spoilt little bitch who wants all the attention and will stop at nothing to get it. That's not your fault mum"

It was then that her mother noticed Rayne's packed bags. "Why are you packing? Her mother asked

Rayne sighed "I can't stay here anymore mum, it was bad enough that my sister was sleeping with my mate and all the pack kids think of me as a freak but now my uncle thinks I'm lying" She paused before shaking her head "I don't feel welcomed here anymore so I'm going somewhere, were I will be"

"I'm sure your uncle was just upset to hear about what his son has been doing, he didn't really mean it Rayne"

"Oh he meant it mum, but that's ok, I don't need him or anyone here for that matter" Rayne said, she could feel her temper rising at her mother defending her uncle.

"You don't mean that" Her mother said softly.

"Actually mum I do. I have kept everything that has happened to me a secret for years and when I finally work up the courage to tell someone they call me a liar, and my mother defends them, I don't know mum but that kind feels like no one gives a crap about me, so why should I give a crap about them?" She asked as she bent down, picked up her bags, and stormed out of her room.

"Rayne sweetie, wait I didn't mean for it to sound like that, let me talk to your uncle I'm sure he didn't mean it, I know he loves you very much Rayne," Her mother said running up behind them. She had just reached the stairs and noticed her uncle walking up them from the bottom, he ignored Rayne and looked at her mother "Cole is looking for you, his wolf is under control but he could snap and lose it at any time."

"AJ thank god" Her mother said "Tell Rayne you were only upset when you called her a liar before. That you know what she was saying was the truth."

AJ glared at Rayne "No Natasha I meant every word I had said to your daughter, she really shouldn't go around spreading lies about my son, he is the future Alpha of this pack, and he could lose their respect if people were to hear her lies."

"Yeah some great Alpha he will be" Rayne said sarcastically

"What did you just say?" AJ asked her his eyes started to turn black

"You heard me uncle I said some great Alpha he will be, if he picks on people who are different now imagine what he will be like when he Is older"

AJ growled at her and ran the rest of the way up the stairs he grabbed hold of Rayne with his left hand and slapped her across the face with his right hand before pushing her backwards holding her against the wall "Don't you speak about my son like that"

"Why not? It's the truth" She said not scared at the fact that her uncle was losing control of his wolf.

"Take your hands off my daughter now!" She heard her mother say before her uncle was pulled off her and thrown into the wall behind him "How dare you hit my daughter!" Rayne heard her mother growl "I see my daughter was correct when she told me that you meant every word you had said." Her mother walked over to where she had thrown Raynes's uncle and placed her foot on his chest stopping him from getting up. "You forget AJ that I am a were lion, stronger then you are, I was also trained to kill your kind by the hunters. Never lay a hand on my child again or it will be the last thing you ever do. You may be my mates twin brother but that will not stop me from ending you if you or anyone in this pack ever lays a hand on her. Do you understand?"

AJ just glared at Rayne, his eyes were completely black which meant his wolf was in control. "Natasha what are you doing to my brother?" Cole asked running up the stairs.

"Your brother" She spat, decided to call our daughter a liar when she told him about how badly the kids, including his son, in this pack have been treating her. He then thought he had the right to slap and shove Rayne against the wall and hold her there when she tried to defend herself." Her mother explained.

Cole frowned looking at Rayne who was still standing over by the wall then at his brother on the ground. "Is that true AJ? Did you really do that to Rayne?" Cole asked him

"She Is lying, my son would never had done anything to her, she needed to be made to stop telling her lies before people heard what she was saying"

Cole looked at his mate "Natasha please let my brother up, "

"No" She said "He will only attack my daughter again forcing me to kill him"

"Shit" Cole cursed under his breath "Natasha let my brother up" He said raising his voice.

"I said no Cole, don't you care that your brother will hurt your daughter?"

"Of course I care, but I know my brother and he will not hurt her"

"Rayne" Her mother said looking at her "Go get into your car and wait for me, if anyone approaches your car leave without me"

Rayne nodded her head and quickly ran down the stairs forgetting her pack bags. It wasn't until she was out the front door standing there looking at the space where her car usually was parked , did she remember that Liam had her car.

Rayne cursed under her breath, she was so distracted by the fact that the car was not there that she didn't realise that someone had walked up behind her, it wasn't until something heavy slammed against the back of her head did she realise that she was not alone outside.

Her legs collapse out from under her, her head hitting the ground. She didn't hear a thing before her vision went black and she passed out.