Chapter LIAM'S P.O.V

Chapter Liam's P.O.V

Liam could not help the smile that was permanently stuck on his face. He had done it, he had marked her and she had marked him back, they were now mates.

Liam knew from the first moment he laid eyes on her and smelt her scent that he wanted her for his mate. He didn't tell Rayne but he had already met his mate, she was a human girl from the last town that they had lived in. She had been dating the same guy for years and despite Liam's attempts at trying to win her over, would not leave her boyfriend for him. She had already formed a strong bond with her human boyfriend and being human she did not feel the bond with Liam as strongly. When he realised that she would never be his, it almost broke him. He became extremely depressed and did not see the point in living any longer. Although he became depressed Liam was grateful that the were lion mating bond was different from a werewolves. Although he had a mate, his lion did not control him so he did not have an uncontrolled desire to mate with his mate. Just heartache from her rejection.

Both his had his parents agreed that it would be best to find someone else for him to mate with. So they packed up their things and moved here. It was the best decision he and his family had ever made.

His heart almost shattered when Rayne told him she had a mate, and despite the fact that it had caused her pain, he could not help but feel happy when she also told him that he had rejected her.

Why, that werewolf would reject her he had no idea. Rayne was one of the most beautiful things he had ever laid eyes on.

He pulled Rayne's car up at the front of his house. As soon as he had gotten out he race towards his front door. He had only just opened it before he shouted, "We marked each other!"

He heard something being dropped in the kitchen followed by a smashing sound. His mother's squeals echoed down the hall.

Liam closed the front door and laughed at his mother's excitement. Anyone would think she had just won the lottery.

"You are both marked?" She asked as she raced around the corner and ran up to him and hugged him.

"Yes!" He screamed with excitement. "She was worried that as soon as her pack finds out that her mate is a werewolf that they wouldn't allow for us to mate, so we did it in the woods"

Liam didn't tell Rayne but he had told his parents about her situation, they knew about the way the young kids in her pack treated her as well as the fact that her mate had rejected her.

"That's great sweetie, I'm so proud of you. She is a lovely girl"

"Where is everyone?" He asked

"Your father is having a shower and your sisters have gone to the shop to pick up some flowers for you to give to your mate when we arrive at her place."

"Oh thanks mum, I didn't even think about getting her anything."

"Of course you didn't, you have been so focused on just being with her." His mother said kissing him on the head.

"You will also be happy to know that Rayne wants to Join our pride and leave her pack" he tells his mother.

"Of course she does, why on earth would she want to stay with that pack when all those kids do is treat her like crap."

"Yeah I know but I thought she might have wanted to stay so she could be with her family" He explained.

"Oh my god Liam look at the time!" His mother screamed when she looked at the clock on the wall behind him "You need to go upstairs and get yourself ready young man or we are going to be late" his mother ordered.

"Relax mum we still have plenty of time."

"Move it young man" She ordered pushing him in the direction of the staircase.

"Fine mum I'm moving"

"And make sure you shower, you smell like sex"

"MUM!" Liam yelled

"What? you do." She said with a shrug.

Liam sighed and slowly made his way up the stairs. "Hurry up slow poke the quicker you shower and get dressed the quicker you will see your mate."

That did it, Liam practically ran up the stairs to the bathroom.

He made sure he took his time having a shower despite the fact that he wanted to hurry up so he could see Rayne, he wanted to make sure he looked and smelled nice for his mate.

As soon as he was satisfied he turned off the water and dried him self with the towel that was sitting on the counter for him.

He wrapped the towel around his waist and walked out of the bathroom too his bedroom.

As soon as he walked into his room he noticed his mother was there smiling "I had gotten you some new cloths today, I was just sitting them on your bed for you." She walked up and kissed him on the side of the head. "I'm so proud of you"

"Thanks mum"

He waited for her to leave the room before closing the door and looking at what his mother had gotten him. He found a pair of black dress pants as well as a midnight blue long sleeved silk shirt. He quickly put them on as well as a pair of boxes and went to his cupboard to find a pair of shoes to wear. He pulled out a pair of black leather shoes his mother had gotten him for important occasions and put them on with a pair of black socks before walking out of his room and making his way back to the bathroom so he could brush his hair. He couldn't help the happy whistle he was whistling as he walked around his house. His life was finally perfect. He had a mate who was a were lion who loved him just as much as he loved her.

"Liam your phone is ringing" His mother called out.

He finished brushing his hair, put the brush back down on the counter, and raced out of the bathroom back to his room.

He picked his phone up that his mother must have sat on his desk in his room and noticed it was Rayne "Hello"

"Liam, it's Rayne the pack meeting for tonight had been cancelled." She told him.

What, why?" He asked

"So much has happened since you have left, my uncle and parents think it's best to postpone"

"What do you mean a lot has happened? What'd been going on Rayne?"

"I'm sorry Liam I don't have time to explain it to you, I have to go" He heard her pause before whispering, "I love you" before the line went dead.

"Mum!" Liam yelled

"What is it honey?" his mother asked running into his room

Liam walked passed her and out of his room "I have to get to Rayne's place the pack meeting had been cancelled."

"What, why?"

"I don't know mum, that's why I need to get there and see Rayne"

"Wait up let me get your father"

"No I'm not waiting"

"Liam pride you will wait until I get your father" His mother growled.

"Fine" He sighed "But hurry up. I need to see Rayne and make sure she is ok"

He watched as his mother had quickly raced towards the direction of her room before he turned around and made his way downstairs to wait at the front door for his parents.

"What could have possibly happened in the time he has been gone to make them want to cancel the pack meeting?" He asked himself out loud.

"Ok we are ready," His mother, said racing down the stairs with his father behind her.

They quickly exited their house and made their way to their car.