Chapter Thirty Four

Chapter Thirty Four

The door to the medical room opened and Kane walked in carrying a small package. He smiled as soon as he noticed Rayne looking at him.

“Congratulations I hear you had a girl,” he said as he walked over to her bed.

“Thanks,” she said smiling. “And yes a little girl,” she said shifting the blanket that was wrapped around her daughter so he could have a better look.

“What did you name her?” He asked as he bent over to have a look at her.

“Hailey,” both Rayne and Liam said at the same time.

At the sound of her name Hailey opened her eyes and looked up at Rayne. Kane smiled at Liam. “She has your eyes.”

Liam smiled proudly. “I know.”

“So another werelion in the family,” Kane said.

“Yeah,” Liam said nodding his head.

“I bet your mother is ecstatic,” Kane said looking at Rayne.

“Dad had to drag her out of the room since she kept waking Hailey up with her cheerful cries. I’m sure she will be back soon though,” she said laughing and shaking her head.

“Has mum and dad been into see her yet?” He asked.

“Your mum has, I think your dad is stuck in his office,” she said to him.

Rayne watched as a wide smile spread across Kane’s face. “You are not going to believe who I met at the drugs store.”

“Who?” She asked him.

“My mate, she was there buying medicine for her sister.”

“That’s great Kane, all this time you have been searching out of town for her and she has been here all along.”

Kane shook his head “She only just moved here,” he said. “I’m sorry but I can’t stay, I need to go speak to my father about her.”

“It’s ok Kane we understand go and see your father,” she said smiling at him.

“Congratulations again guys, maybe I can bring my mate to meet you later,” he said before walking out the door.

The door had barely closed when it opened again. “Have no fear the proud uncle is here,” Jesse said as he walked into the room carrying balloons that had “It’s a girl!” on them.

“What have you got there Jesse?” Rayne asked him.

Jesse looked at the balloons and shrugged his shoulders. “Isn’t this what people normally bring when someone has a baby?” He asked.

“How are we to know? This is the first time we have had a baby,” Liam said.

Jesse walked over and did what everyone else had done as soon as they walked into the room. He looked at the baby. “She is small, is that normal?” He asked looking worried.

“Yes Jesse that is normal,” Rayne said.

Jesse shrugged his shoulders before leaning over and placing a kiss on his Rayne’s head. “Congratulations big sister.”

“Thanks Jesse.”

“I should probably warn you that mum is on her way here,” he said pulling a face.

“We thought she would have been back sooner,” Liam said taking a seat on one of the chairs beside Rayne’s bed.

“Yeah I think dad tried to keep her away for as long as he could,” Jesse said.