Chapter Thirty Two

Chapter Thirty Two

Eight months later

“Push Rayne!” Anne, the pack doctor, said as another contraction started.

“I am damnit!” Rayne screamed with her face scrunched up in pain as she pushed.

“That’s it a little more,” Anne said. “Ok the contraction has passed, you can stop pushing now.”

Rayne released a loud breath and flopped back on the bed. “I don’t think I can do this,” She said looking at Liam who was standing there next to her bed holding her hand.

“Of course you can,” he said grabbing the damp cloth that sat on the table beside the bed, placing it on her forehead and wiping away the sweat that was there.

She shook her head vigorously. “It’s too much, I can’t…. Oh god!” She screamed.

“Ok Rayne it’s time to push again, that’s it, the baby is crowning, just a little more.”

Rayne scrunched her face up in pain as she pushed as hard as she could, she just wanted this over with. When people talk about being in labour they would tell her how bad the pain was. That still did not prepare Rayne for what she was feeling now. When the contractions first started they just felt like bad cramps. Rayne thought that if that’s all that was to being in labor that she would be able to handle it. But the cramping pain increased to an unimaginable pain, and she soon decided that there was no way she was going to make it through the labor. She had been in labor for fourteen hours. She was exhausted and felt like she could pass out any minute.

“You’re doing great Rayne,” Anne said to her.

The sound of screaming filled the room. Rayne dropped back down on the bed again and took large gulps of air. She had done it, she had finally given birth. She looked over and watched as Anne attached two clips to the umbilical cord before cutting it in between them.

She couldn’t believe after all that has happened within the last nine months that her baby was finally here.

After her sisters funeral she went back to school and tried to continue on with her life. She had Liam by her side so it made it a lot easier to do. About a month later a new student came to their school who turned out to be Sammy’s mate. Sammy was ecstatic that she had finally found her mate and swooped in and staked her claim before any other female in the school got a chance. Sammy and John her mate dated for about two months before Sammy broke the news to him about being a werewolf, he took it surprisingly well and a week later they mated and John was turned into a wolf.

Kane had become a totally different person, he started to be extremely kind and caring towards Rayne, if she were to be near him in the halls at school he would run up and offered her any help she needed. It was strange at first and she often waited for him to push her or say something mean but he never did. He had even stopped a few of the human kids at school from making fun of Rayne for being pregnant. A couple even tried to push her around when Liam wasn’t with her. Kane had noticed and stepped in beating the crap out of the guys that had pushed her. He then threatened all the humans that if anyone ever dared to touch her again that they would have to deal with him. Liam was pissed when he found out about the guys that had pushed her, but settled down a bit when she told him about what Kane had done. Liam was as shocked as Rayne at first he then tracked Kane down and said his thanks for taking care of Rayne when he wasn’t around, after that they slowly started to talk to one another in the halls, and eventually they had become friends.